26-08-2015
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
IP-28-08-2015, DM-18-09-2015
Quink said:
I've been meaning to post my full landing/flagpole story... so here goes...

I headed to the Douglass Peace Arch border on Wednesday evening, and arrived near the border around 6pm. I had a friend drive me down, and she parked her car in the parking lot on the right hand side before you reach the US checkpoints. It's important to turn onto Beach Rd and then follow the sign to the Peace Arch Provincial Park - don't go into the duty free parking lot or drive further forward to the border or you'll be forced to take your car across.

From there I proceeded to walk the path towards the US office. It was a sunny evening and the sun was setting; perfect day for a nice walk. There's a washroom on the left just as you pass the actual boundry line - it's worth quickly stopping in and making sure you're comfortable just incase the next step take longer than expected. From there I kept walking and followed the signs that said "Pedestrians and Cyclists report to the office" (or similar wording), and I went inside the waiting room and lined up in the pedestrian line

The US officer asked what my purpose of being there was, and I told him that I was "flagpolling to update my immigration status in Canada". He asked what I currently was and what I was changing to, and asked to see my passport and my CoPR. After a quick look at the biometrics page (he didn't actually look at my US Visa) he asked "are you seeking entry into the United States today?". I told him "no, just turning around and walking straight back to Canada". At this point he just nodded, went and got a white piece of paper, filled out some details an wrote the word "flagpoll" in big letters at the bottom. After a little bit of small talk about why I was choosing Canada and things like that, he asked me to return out of the office the way I came, and then he met me where the car checkpoints are to return my passport and white paper. He then watched and made sure I did indeed turn around and go back to Canada (fair enough).

This is part 1 done - the return walk is uphill but that's nothing compared to the "hill" climbed to get to this point in the process! I followed the path and entered the door on the left of the Canadian car checkpoints. The officer assigned to the leftmost booth is also responsible for the pedestrian traffic, so he opened the other window and checked my passport and the white paper given to me by the Americans. He asked if I was "landing" and I said yes. He then went through the usual questions they always ask when you arrive at a border - do I have any guns, do I have more than $10,000 in cash, ever been arrested, etc. Then he gave me a yellow slip of paper and sent me inside to line up.

Once I reached the counter, I handed over my CoPR, drivers licence, and passport, and the officer took them into the back room and asked me to take a seat. About 10 minutes later I was called back up, and was asked similar questions about whether I had any guns, cash, etc. I was also asked if my family composition or marital status had changed, whether I had ever been bankrupt, whether I'd had any speeding fines in Canada, or had been arrested or were currently under investigation for any crimes. When he was satisfied with my answers he stamped my passport (no exit date was written! yay!) and stapled the CoPR into a spare page. He then got me to sign at the bottom on the copy in my passport, and also the one they keep on file. He explained that my PR Card would be mailed to the address on my drivers licence, and that I need to get a travel document if I'm leaving the country via an airline before I have it.

Then he gave me a little paper Canadian flag, congratulated me, and wished me good evening! Total time including walking was a little over an hour - it was really quiet at both borders. I'd expect that time could easily double or triple if you were unlucky and went at a peak period.

So that's my story! I'd imagine that it's a very similar process at any other border with the exception of the directions and signposts that I mentioned. If anyone else wanted to also share their detailed landing story I'm sure it will be appreciated by those about to go through it!
Hi Quink,

This is excellent... Appreciate your efforts

Regards,

Rick

Aryan4253

Aug 17, 2015
Quink said:

I headed to the Douglass Peace Arch border on Wednesday evening, and arrived near the border around 6pm. I had a friend drive me down, and she parked her car in the parking lot on the right hand side before you reach the US checkpoints. It's important to turn onto Beach Rd and then follow the sign to the Peace Arch Provincial Park - don't go into the duty free parking lot or drive further forward to the border or you'll be forced to take your car across.

From there I proceeded to walk the path towards the US office. It was a sunny evening and the sun was setting; perfect day for a nice walk. There's a washroom on the left just as you pass the actual boundry line - it's worth quickly stopping in and making sure you're comfortable just incase the next step take longer than expected. From there I kept walking and followed the signs that said "Pedestrians and Cyclists report to the office" (or similar wording), and I went inside the waiting room and lined up in the pedestrian line.

The US officer asked what my purpose of being there was, and I told him that I was "flagpolling to update my immigration status in Canada". He asked what I currently was and what I was changing to, and asked to see my passport and my CoPR. After a quick look at the biometrics page (he didn't actually look at my US Visa) he asked "are you seeking entry into the United States today?". I told him "no, just turning around and walking straight back to Canada". At this point he just nodded, went and got a white piece of paper, filled out some details an wrote the word "flagpoll" in big letters at the bottom. After a little bit of small talk about why I was choosing Canada and things like that, he asked me to return out of the office the way I came, and then he met me where the car checkpoints are to return my passport and white paper. He then watched and made sure I did indeed turn around and go back to Canada (fair enough).

This is part 1 done - the return walk is uphill but that's nothing compared to the "hill" climbed to get to this point in the process! I followed the path and entered the door on the left of the Canadian car checkpoints. The officer assigned to the leftmost booth is also responsible for the pedestrian traffic, so he opened the other window and checked my passport and the white paper given to me by the Americans. He asked if I was "landing" and I said yes. He then went through the usual questions they always ask when you arrive at a border - do I have any guns, do I have more than $10,000 in cash, ever been arrested, etc. Then he gave me a yellow slip of paper and sent me inside to line up.

Once I reached the counter, I handed over my CoPR, drivers licence, and passport, and the officer took them into the back room and asked me to take a seat. About 10 minutes later I was called back up, and was asked similar questions about whether I had any guns, cash, etc. I was also asked if my family composition or marital status had changed, whether I had ever been bankrupt, whether I'd had any speeding fines in Canada, or had been arrested or were currently under investigation for any crimes. When he was satisfied with my answers he stamped my passport (no exit date was written! yay!) and stapled the CoPR into a spare page. He then got me to sign at the bottom on the copy in my passport, and also the one they keep on file. He explained that my PR Card would be mailed to the address on my drivers licence, and that I need to get a travel document if I'm leaving the country via an airline before I have it.

Then he gave me a little paper Canadian flag, congratulated me, and wished me good evening! Total time including walking was a little over an hour - it was really quiet at both borders. I'd expect that time could easily double or triple if you were unlucky and went at a peak period.

So that's my story! I'd imagine that it's a very similar process at any other border with the exception of the directions and signposts that I mentioned. If anyone else wanted to also share their detailed landing story I'm sure it will be appreciated by those about to go through it!
Thanks a lot....this would be really really helpful....thank you so much.

Druce

Champion Member
Aug 6, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
0621 - Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 22 April 2014 CIC 22 September 2015
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
11 September 2015
AOR Received.
11 December 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
1 February 2016
Med's Request
4 August 2016
Med's Done....
10 August 2016 - Passed 31 August 2016 on myCIC
Interview........
noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
Quink said:

From there I proceeded to walk the path towards the US office. It was a sunny evening and the sun was setting; perfect day for a nice walk. There's a washroom on the left just as you pass the actual boundry line - it's worth quickly stopping in and making sure you're comfortable just incase the next step take longer than expected. From there I kept walking and followed the signs that said "Pedestrians and Cyclists report to the office" (or similar wording), and I went inside the waiting room and lined up in the pedestrian line.

Thanks for the great read buddy. This is very valuable information for people already in Canada. Is the process similar at the airport when you arrive from another country? Anyone that can share their experience when landing from outside CA?

saloni86

Aug 11, 2015
Hello
I just have a quick question is the passport request mailed to our home address or an email is sent? I'm asking cz i recieved dm yesterday and I'm not canada in my home country and would be returning after 20 days. So just curious to know

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
[red]Additional Documents Request - Sep 9, 2015
Additional Documents Sent - Oct 1, 2015
Additional Documents Received (by Sydney Office, NS) - Oct 5, 2015
[/red]

Documents requested are Schedule A (In the ADDRESS section, the current address "TO" date that I have mentioned was the date that I have submitted the application which was Dec 23, 2014 and CIC wanted to know if I am still living in the same address or not. So they wanted me to write the word PRESENT in that section which I did and sent it back).

The second piece of document that they requested was the Police Clearance Certificate from India which took the Indian Consulate three (looong) weeks to process and deliver.

AND now, I am back in the rat race (yet) again..LOL. Sometimes I get this feeling inside if all of this will ever end! :p
For all those who are (im)patiently waiting :eek: for their DMs & PPRs, this is a brand new week and good times are just on the horizon! Don't stop believing..

Cheers
KB ;D

sandra001

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
October 28th, PCC. Doc. received by CIO Nov. 9th.
Nomination.....
January 14, 2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
Med's Request
September 10, 2015.
Med's Done....
Sept. 21th, 2015., Med. received Oct. 29th, 2015.
Passport Req..
Feb. 9th, 2016.
LANDED..........
Inland
kaladhar said:
[red]Additional Documents Request - Sep 9, 2015
Additional Documents Sent - Oct 1, 2015
Additional Documents Received (by Sydney Office, NS) - Oct 5, 2015
[/red]

Documents requested are Schedule A (In the ADDRESS section, the current address "TO" date that I have mentioned was the date that I have submitted the application which was Dec 23, 2014 and CIC wanted to know if I am still living in the same address or not. So they wanted me to write the word PRESENT in that section which I did and sent it back).

The second piece of document that they requested was the Police Clearance Certificate from India which took the Indian Consulate three (looong) weeks to process and deliver.

AND now, I am back in the rat race (yet) again..LOL. Sometimes I get this feeling inside if all of this will ever end! :p
For all those who are (im)patiently waiting :eek: for their DMs & PPRs, this is a brand new week and good times are just on the horizon! Don't stop believing..

Cheers
KB ;D
Did you got theese requests together in one e-mail?

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
sanjjh said:
hey did CIC send PPR on monday or Tuesday or only on week end i mean friday
Mine came on a Monday.

Michelle888

Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-08-2015 IP status on 26-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 Medicals Received on 12-06-2015 RPRF paid on 22-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
Any updates anyone???

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hey Quink, thanks for the update man.. Really helpful and provides good insights. It is quite contrasting with the experience some guys had at Niagara falls. I think it just depends upon the officer you meet and luck!! Anyway, congratulations once again for the final step!!!

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
VSw said:
Hey Quink, thanks for the update man.. Really helpful and provides good insights. It is quite contrasting with the experience some guys had at Niagara falls. I think it just depends upon the officer you meet and luck!! Anyway, congratulations once again for the final step!!!
I think the key is being prepared and knowing what you need to do and what your rights and obligations are. If the officers get the sense that you're lost or making mistakes they might be a little harder on you to make sure nothing sketchy is going on.

On the other hand, some people are just jerks, and maybe I got lucky with a friendly officer!

greenlemon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December15 2014
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
Michelle888 said:
Any updates anyone???
no updates michelle888... hoping this week we will get positive response...

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No news yet.. ::).
My God with every new email I jump, but nothing yet...
keep positive, strength guys, this is the last mile!!! ;)