+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR application December 2014 applicant

KYCHINA

Feb 1, 2016
kaladhar said:
First of all, Congratulations :) Well, one option is to send an email to CIC explaining the situation and requesting an extension during which you can apply for your passport renewal on a priority basis. You can also call CIC Call centre and get their opinion.

What I don't understand is, If you have already made travel plans and if you already knew that your passport is full why didn't you renew your passport till now? Your passport is important for them to stamp the Visa sticker especially if you're from a non-visa exempt country. Discuss your options with a CIC rep.

I hope it works out for you..
Good luck..

KB

Thanks KB for your msg. I asked my friend who got PR last year. She even forwarded me her "Ready for Visa" email to me and it says "at least one blank visa page is required". So I think I am good on that. However for the god sakes who knows they changed it this year!!! But you are right I still should have renewed my passport anyhow!

I will try to call them again. They keep hanging up on me today!

KY

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
KYCHINA said:
Thanks KB for your msg. I asked my friend who got PR last year. She even forwarded me her "Ready for Visa" email to me and it says "at least one blank visa page is required". So I think I am good on that. However for the god sakes who knows they changed it this year!!! But you are right I still should have renewed my passport anyhow!

KY
Call them early in the morning; basically right at the time they open. I called them at 8 in the morning and was able to talk to an agent within 2-3 minutes.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
kaladhar said:
Hi everyone.. Received my Passport & COPR this evening @4.05PM :)

Cheers
KB
Voila, congrats man!! One more small step remaining, piece of cake I think.. Congrats once again..

Reidy

Jan 4, 2013
Mountin said:
Hi Reidy,
Congratulations on the PR.
Just want to make sure if landing is possible with an expired work permit. Is that what u meant or I misunderstood?!
Thanks.
Thanks on the congrats. Yes in fact my work permit expired from last August...I had applied for renewal in July and so was on implied status.Between CIC and Canada post I haven't received a renewed work permit and so I didn't have one to present to the officer. I had taken the letter of confirmation of receipt of my application and the new work permit document # that I got from CIC when I called to find out why I hadn't received my work permit after 5 long months.
The officer didn't even want to see the letter , another came over and said ohhh if it's a work permit it's no worries you won't be needing that anymore we just wanted it to out through the shredding machine.
CIC website tells you in the list of documents you shoukd have that your work /study permit that you take can be current or expired.
You will be fine just be confident and walk in the freedom of knowing you have come to the end of the road. I just never liked when the officer at the drive through asked why we didn't make an appointment at Winnipeg. I was taken aback by her question and quickly told her our letter gave us an option. Believe me I was not gonna have any hitches...we drove 10 hrs just to get there.

Reidy

Jan 4, 2013
KYCHINA said:
Hi Guys,

My first message here in this Forum.
Just got "Ready for Visa" email from Ottawa.

Here is my timeline:

Visa Office......: CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........: NO (But I am employed)
App. Filed.......: Jan 30 2015
AOR Received.: 27 MAY 2015
Med's Request: 29 MAY 2015
Doc's Request: 19 AUG 2015
Decision Made: 1 FEB 2016
Passport Req..: 1 FEB 2016

I am AINP applicant and single without dependents.

I am also worried about my situation because I am leaving for my country in three days and I only have one blank page left on my passport (They request two).
Anybody know how to solve these problems? Do they arrange other visa office for visa issuance?

Thanks everyone!
Hey, congrats on your PR. We were reminded and requested to renew our passports because we were pretty close to the 6 mnths expiration dates in ours. That 2 blank pages was also part of the reminder so we paid express and got them all redone. From what I'm seeing in our passports the Immigrant Visa is placed on ONE page and when you go to do your landing the officer stamps date and sign on a SECOND page. So that accounts for at least TWO pages.
I wished you had sorted it out while you were waiting to complete the process. I'm in agreement you should call CIC and see what they say. Also remember that what CIC says and when you get infront of an officer can be two different situation.

Reidy

Jan 4, 2013
VSw said:
Awesome, congrats Reidy. Finally, it is over now. Enjoy the status now :)
Thanks Vsw, certainly intend to enjoy the status. Mostly because the doors are wide open where jobs and other opportunities are concerned. I was always on open work.permit so I didn't have much restrictions but my husband was on closed.
Lots of jobs where I live up North. Its far from everything but that also means less competition for jobs and much better wages not to mention living 7-10 mins away from everything. .your job, church, schools, shopping almost in your back yard.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Reidy said:
Thanks Vsw, certainly intend to enjoy the status. Mostly because the doors are wide open where jobs and other opportunities are concerned. I was always on open work.permit so I didn't have much restrictions but my husband was on closed.
Lots of jobs where I live up North. Its far from everything but that also means less competition for jobs and much better wages not to mention living 7-10 mins away from everything. .your job, church, schools, shopping almost in your back yard.
Good that you mentioned it. I live in Calgary and prefer it any day over big cities for the luxury it offers in terms of commute time primarily and cost of living.

Where do you live? And I hope by now you are used to the cold as well.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Some progress :)

Passport Sent >> 15-Jan-16
Passport Reached >> 18-Jan-16
Return Tracker Activated >> 01-Feb-16

Hopefully I will have it within the next few days. I plan to drive to Coutts border, will let you know all how it goes.

Cheers

KYCHINA

Feb 1, 2016
VSw said:
Call them early in the morning; basically right at the time they open. I called them at 8 in the morning and was able to talk to an agent within 2-3 minutes.
Thank you so much for your advice. I will call them first time in the morning then!
Much appreciated!

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
KYCHINA said:

KY
You're welcome, KY. It will take some time but you will eventually get your PR. So don't you worry about the delay. Yeah, CIC call centre have a reputation for not answering our calls but we need to persist till we get our answers, don't we? :)

Good luck.. Keep us posted how it goes..

KB

KYCHINA

Feb 1, 2016
kaladhar said:
You're welcome, KY. It will take some time but you will eventually get your PR. So don't you worry about the delay. Yeah, CIC call centre have a reputation for not answering our calls but we need to persist till we get our answers, don't we? :)

Good luck.. Keep us posted how it goes..

KB
Thank you man! Will do

KYCHINA

Feb 1, 2016
Reidy said:
Hey, congrats on your PR. We were reminded and requested to renew our passports because we were pretty close to the 6 mnths expiration dates in ours. That 2 blank pages was also part of the reminder so we paid express and got them all redone. From what I'm seeing in our passports the Immigrant Visa is placed on ONE page and when you go to do your landing the officer stamps date and sign on a SECOND page. So that accounts for at least TWO pages.
I wished you had sorted it out while you were waiting to complete the process. I'm in agreement you should call CIC and see what they say. Also remember that what CIC says and when you get infront of an officer can be two different situation.
Thank you for your info Reidy. That is so helpful! So I guess I might be ok with one blank page because some of my visa pages only have one stamp on them. Plenty of room for them to stamp and sign! I wish I got reminded about this two page thing required. I will call them early morning for sure. Thanks again!

gelgel2015

Jun 15, 2015
Hello guys,

My timeline
Inland in Newfoundland and Labrador
Application sent to PNP April 24th 2014
Email acknowledged with my officer information Provincial Nominee July 24th 2014
Got nominated October 2014
Application sent to CIC Dec 17th 2014
Appl received CIC 22nd 2014
XEPxxxxx April 15th 2015
*EPxxxxx May 5th 2015
Medial req May 7th 2015
Medical done May 18th 2015
Medical received CIC June 6th
Reminder email July 22nd 2015
RPRF Paid July 30th 2015
IP (In Process) August 6th 2015
DM (Decision Made) January 11th 2016
Passport req Jan 12th 2016
Passport sent Jan 13th 2016
Passport received CIC Jan 18th 2016
Tracking number activated Jan 27th 2016
Got passport back Jan 29th 2016

Flu to Montreal and rented a car and drove to US border (NY):

Landing Jan 30th 2016 at St Bernard border in Montreal, I went to US border, they took my passport and gave me back inside the office in 5 minutes, I asked the officer "that it's, he said "Si" trying to be funny talking spanish with me, then talk to me in French; i proceeded to drive to Canada border then the officer asked me if i have any furnitures to declare I said "nothing" and how long i was outside Canada, I said "I just passed by to the border , he said park your car in number 2 and go counter B inside the office office, when i came inside gave passports, mine and my son, there were 19 people waiting before me, maybe because was Saturday (they were doing different things, permits and so) after exactly 3 hours officer called me, gave piece of paper and told me to write my address, put me and my son to sign the COPR then very friendly asked me why i went to that border, i said bec there are not in Newfoundland, she asked if this is the closest, I said yes and more convenience to flight, she asked how I know that i said i Google it, she asked if i like where i live, i said my son loved, and that is the most important for me even i dont, she asked how much money i have, i gave her my wp and she try to speak in spanish as well with my son this time, everything was like a normal conversation, then she told me to have a sit and will call me shortly, i waited for 15 minutes and when she called me another officer was next to her when she was telling us congrats for pr bla bla bla all the rights and benefits including a custom free fee if you bring your furniture (that's why the highway officer asked me); they allow once to get that benefit when you get pr, remind me to go to Service Canada to change my SIN, to inform the MCP about it, she also said we have to live in Canada from today for 2 years in a period of 5 years, when finished asked me if i have any questions, and gave us the copy of the COPR, our passport with the Immigrant visa with a crossing line with a pen on it, and that was all folks!!

I hope this can give you some ideas, sorry for the long story but better write the details than to miss something that may be important for somebody!!

Good luck to all of you that are still waiting, be positive, don't stop believe it, will happen in the perfect time!!!

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
pshah said:
Great help KB. Thanks a lot. :D
You are welcome, pshah.
Hope everything is going smoothly for you :)

VSw said:
Voila, congrats man!! One more small step remaining, piece of cake I think.. Congrats once again..
Thank you, Vsw :)

VSw said:
Some progress :)

Passport Sent >> 15-Jan-16
Passport Reached >> 18-Jan-16
Return Tracker Activated >> 01-Feb-16

Hopefully I will have it within the next few days. I plan to drive to Coutts border, will let you know all how it goes.

Cheers
Woohoo.. That's awesome. Congrats, Vsw :)

Cheers
KB