+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR APPLICANTS JANUARY 2015

jigvan

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Heavensgrant said:
I don't know what CIC's timeline & pattern of processing and approving applications on a case to case basis. Single or w/ dependents? Skilled or semi skilled?
You should be getting yours soon I believe.. Just keeps our all hopes high and believe it will come sooner rather than later..

Any body still waiting?
I really wish you get yours soon and i am sure you will get soon. As Maxy81 said sometime files are below all stack of files and sometime there are lazy officer . and it is really true. Good luck.

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
To all impatient guys who just keep talking about Return Tracker Activation,

STOP JUMPING, TAKE A SEAT AND HAVE A BEER.

CIC office Ottawa usually takes 8 working days to activate your Return Passport Tracker. Just keep talking about it not gonna make it faster.

RELAXXXXXXXXXXX.

Heavensgrant

Nov 30, 2013
jigvan said:
I really wish you get yours soon and i am sure you will get soon. As Maxy81 said sometime files are below all stack of files and sometime there are lazy officer . and it is really true. Good luck.
Thanks for your kind and hopeful words Jigvan! You believed now you received. Congrats!

By the way are you a skilled worker and have dependent? Thanks.

Heavensgrant

Nov 30, 2013
VancouverBC201501 said:
Hey guys,

I got my passport back yesterday!
I didn't go to postoffice yet but I just checked on postoffice website.

I got 'ready for visa' on January 14 and sent my passport on January 15. I think they recieved on January 18. And I got it back on February 1st.

Good luck everyone,I'm sure you will be the next in the line :)
Big congratulations.. Would you mine sharing your timeline. Thanks!

Galahad33

Feb 28, 2014
Great news guys! I just received my COPR today!
Good luck to all of you!

Ill go to the border this weekend!
Finally ;D

maxy81

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny - Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/01/2015
Doc's Request.
17/08/2015
Nomination.....
02/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/05/2015
Med's Request
27/05/2015
Med's Done....
06/06/2015
Passport Req..
Feb 1st, 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi All, I am stuck in a dilemma here and would appreciate your help. I have travel plans for Australia late March and as you all know we won't have our PR cards for another 105 days. I am aware of the PRTD document that you can apply from outside of Canada but have decided to use that as my last option to come back to Canada.(It could take 1-3 weeks and I don't want to stress over it when I am at the beach). I am not from a Visa-Exempt Country. Here is an option that I need your advice about: I book my return ticket from Aus to Seattle (I have USA visa) and get a friend to pick me up from Seattle and cross the border by ROAD. Do you guys know what the policy is when returning via road. I couldn't find anything online. The only concern with this option is what if Australian authorities don't let me board the plane because I don't have PRTD. Technically, I will be going to Seattle and have USA visa which allows me to do so. If they ask me where are you from, I have to say Canada but I am planning to say that I am visiting a friend in Seattle and then driving over to Vancouver which should be none of their business as I am going to USA which I am allowed to. Let me know you guys think? Is it possible? Too risky?

Thank you so much

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
maxy81 said:
Hi All, I am stuck in a dilemma here and would appreciate your help. I have travel plans for Australia late March and as you all know we won't have our PR cards for another 105 days. I am aware of the PRTD document that you can apply from outside of Canada but have decided to use that as my last option to come back to Canada.(It could take 1-3 weeks and I don't want to stress over it when I am at the beach). I am not from a Visa-Exempt Country. Here is an option that I need your advice about: I book my return ticket from Aus to Seattle (I have USA visa) and get a friend to pick me up from Seattle and cross the border by ROAD. Do you guys know what the policy is when returning via road. I couldn't find anything online. The only concern with this option is what if Australian authorities don't let me board the plane because I don't have PRTD. Technically, I will be going to Seattle and have USA visa which allows me to do so. If they ask me where are you from, I have to say Canada but I am planning to say that I am visiting a friend in Seattle and then driving over to Vancouver which should be none of their business as I am going to USA which I am allowed to. Let me know you guys think? Is it possible? Too risky?

Thank you so much
"which should be none of their business as I am going to USA which I am allowed to": It depends on which visa you have (is it multiple entry (student, work, etc visa) or not, and if its visitor visa then when did you last used and how frequent you are trying to use. It seems that you are mentioning the entry into US would be simple but it depends on many factors. They question too much even the Canadians (vice versa of course) if they visit for more than certain number of times in a year. So if its risk or not is depending on the above factors.

If you cant postpone the travel then its easy to land as PR in march which you might have thought about it.

jigvan

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Heavensgrant said:
Thanks for your kind and hopeful words Jigvan! You believed now you received. Congrats!

By the way are you a skilled worker and have dependent? Thanks.
I am Semi-skilled worker (Food counter attendant).
I am Single applicant and have no dependent.

I am sure you will get it soon.
Good luck to you.

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2016, xPresspost activated 16th.
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
maxy81 said:

Thank you so much
Couldn't you use PR VISA to entry Canada?

maxy81

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny - Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/01/2015
Doc's Request.
17/08/2015
Nomination.....
02/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/05/2015
Med's Request
27/05/2015
Med's Done....
06/06/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
harirajmohan said:
"which should be none of their business as I am going to USA which I am allowed to": It depends on which visa you have (is it multiple entry (student, work, etc visa) or not, and if its visitor visa then when did you last used and how frequent you are trying to use. It seems that you are mentioning the entry into US would be simple but it depends on many factors. They question too much even the Canadians (vice versa of course) if they visit for more than certain number of times in a year. So if its risk or not is depending on the above factors.

If you cant postpone the travel then its easy to land as PR in march which you might have thought about it.
Hi Hariraj,
Thank you for replying. You bring some interesting points here. I have a USA b1/b2 multiple entry visitor visa. I probably drove to Seattle 3 times last year all for less than 24 hrs for tourism. I am not worried about entry in the US. I have friends there and I can give them the address of where I am staying or even better just tell them honestly that I am getting picked up so I can drive to Canada without a PR card. My concern is whether airport people in Australia will let me board the flight to US because I don't actually live in the US but using it as a transit country. I would hope that they couldnt legally stop me from going to a country I am allowed to go to. BTW, do you know what the rules are and what document we need in order to do a land entry in a Car.

Also, how long do we have after the COPR comes to land. Is it 30 days or longer. Maybe I can just go to Australia and then come back and land for the first time at Calgary airport instead of doing the drive landing at Coutts border.

Thank you for your time buddy.

maxy81

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny - Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/01/2015
Doc's Request.
17/08/2015
Nomination.....
02/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/05/2015
Med's Request
27/05/2015
Med's Done....
06/06/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
yaanlpc said:
Couldn't you use PR VISA to entry Canada?
I wish buddy. If you are landing via a commercial carrier (plane, train, ship, bus) you need PR card or PRTD document from a country outside of Canada. It is really frustrating and stupid that they make us do this. I mean, they are stamping our passport, giving us COPR, giving us landing document and really calling us a Permanent Resident but when we want to travel and come back to presumably our own new country Canada, we can't enter without those documents. Also, how the hell does it take 105 days to print a plastic PR card. Absolutely incompetent and unorganized department.

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2016, xPresspost activated 16th.
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
maxy81 said:
I wish buddy. If you are landing via a commercial carrier (plane, train, ship, bus) you need PR card or PRTD document from a country outside of Canada. It is really frustrating and stupid that they make us do this. I mean, they are stamping our passport, giving us COPR, giving us landing document and really calling us a Permanent Resident but when we want to travel and come back to presumably our own new country Canada, we can't enter without those documents. Also, how the hell does it take 105 days to print a plastic PR card. Absolutely incompetent and unorganized department.
You mean for those outland applicant will directly get the PR CARD from embassy?

maxy81

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny - Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/01/2015
Doc's Request.
17/08/2015
Nomination.....
02/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/05/2015
Med's Request
27/05/2015
Med's Done....
06/06/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
yaanlpc said:
You mean for those outland applicant will directly get the PR CARD from embassy?
I am not sure how it works for Outland applicant. I think you just do your landing when you come to Canada and then they give you the card 100 days later in Canada. I am not sure.

sidhu23145

Jan 27, 2015
maxy81 said:

Thank you so much
Isn't it possible if you go to AUS after you get your COPR and when you come back to Canada then you receive PR at the airport ?