+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR App Med done in July BOWP refused

quinton0121

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
liisa227 said:
I applied for a BOWP with an employer-driven stream (BC PNP) a couple of weeks ago. Before I submitted the application, I called CIC and asked if I'm eligible for BOWP, knowing that my PR application is tied to an employer. I specifically asked, more than once throughout the call I might add, whether or not I can get the BOWP or should I just apply for a closed extension WP. The lady said yes, you are eligible for BOWP, and a few moments later emailed me instructions on how to apply.

So did I spend $155 on a WP that I'm not allowed to get??

I have no intention on switching employers for now, so I wouldn't be taking advantage of the open quality of the WP anyway. But it frustrates me to NO END if the CIC agents are as clueless about the rules as it seems now.
I am also a bcpnp applicant , got my cic pr aor on May 12, 2014 . and i was also holding an open work permit (post graduation work permit )which was expiring in September , 2014 . and I asked pnp office to write me a letter to extend the permit , I handed in my work permit extension application in May , and i got the open work permit extended til July ,2015 .

So I am shocked when I see your thread , does the rule change in between ? but there is one point that I am totally agreed with you , never listen to cic call center agents !

Stacnor

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Doc's Request.
03-03-2015
Nomination.....
02-01-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
16-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-08-2015
liisa227 said:
I applied for a BOWP with an employer-driven stream (BC PNP) a couple of weeks ago. Before I submitted the application, I called CIC and asked if I'm eligible for BOWP, knowing that my PR application is tied to an employer. I specifically asked, more than once throughout the call I might add, whether or not I can get the BOWP or should I just apply for a closed extension WP. The lady said yes, you are eligible for BOWP, and a few moments later emailed me instructions on how to apply.

I have no intention on switching employers for now, so I wouldn't be taking advantage of the open quality of the WP anyway. But it frustrates me to NO END if the CIC agents are as clueless about the rules as it seems now.
About your PR application have you paid the RPRF already? We've got the same timeline in PR application.

gopsgrg

Aug 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015 (rprf fee,police report,shcedule background)
AOR Received.
15-09-2014
Med's Request
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
29-june-2015
LANDED..........
inland
liisa227 said:

it doesnot mean that you are not eligible for open workpermit.. anyone whose pnp is approved and pr is on processing can apply for BOPWP .the reason behind refusal might be the wrong option choosen and workpermit was about to expire.. as far as i know its better to apply before 2,3 months the current workpermit expires.once the workpermit expires then there will be trouble to apply for workpermit.me myself my workpermit is expiring on april18th but ill apply within next week.lets see what happens..

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Stacnor said:
About your PR application have you paid the RPRF already? We've got the same timeline in PR application.
No I haven't. I didn't want to pay it without being asked to, and I haven't gotten the request yet. I don't think anyone from June-July onwards has gotten it.

gopsgrg

Aug 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015 (rprf fee,police report,shcedule background)
AOR Received.
15-09-2014
Med's Request
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
29-june-2015
LANDED..........
inland
liisa227 said:
No I haven't. I didn't want to pay it without being asked to, and I haven't gotten the request yet. I don't think anyone from June-July onwards has gotten it.
hey do you mind lisa for updating once you hear something about ur open workpermit please.im aswell applying next wek.
btw some of mine friends file recieved in april still waiting for rprf ...wait is too long these days...
my file was recieved in july aswell ,no rprf yet.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As of August 15, 2014, CIC made changes to BOWP eligibility for PNP applicants.

Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Provincial nominees or permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by CIC staff. It is posted on the CIC website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under:

the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP),
the Canadian experience class (CEC),
the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), or
the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) (with the exclusion of nominees as identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination)

and who meet program eligibility requirements may be considered for a bridging work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

patwal

Feb 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
Doc's Request.
never asked
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014, and CIC received on 8-04-2014
Interview........
never requested
Passport Req..
6/24/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/2/2015
LANDED..........
7/8/2015 (inland since 2011)
rjessome said:
As of August 15, 2014, CIC made changes to BOWP eligibility for PNP applicants.

Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Provincial nominees or permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by CIC staff. It is posted on the CIC website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under:

the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP),
the Canadian experience class (CEC),
the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), or
the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) (with the exclusion of nominees as identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination)

and who meet program eligibility requirements may be considered for a bridging work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
hi.
Can you pls tell me in briefly about this that what exactly this saying:-

(with the exclusion of nominees as identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination)

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
patwal said:
hi.
Can you pls tell me in briefly about this that what exactly this saying:-

(with the exclusion of nominees as identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination)
They expand the wording further under the "note" when you click on Bridging Work Permit:Eligibility Parameters. It reads:

"Foreign nationals in the PNP are eligible if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination."

So a restriction on your Provincial Nomination Certificate, such as working in Forestry sector only or with Employer ABC Inc. only would make someone ineligible for a bridging work permit... This is what I understand from this sentence

patwal

Feb 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
Doc's Request.
never asked
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014, and CIC received on 8-04-2014
Interview........
never requested
Passport Req..
6/24/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/2/2015
LANDED..........
7/8/2015 (inland since 2011)
kelbc said:
They expand the wording further under the "note" when you click on Bridging Work Permit:Eligibility Parameters. It reads:

"Foreign nationals in the PNP are eligible if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination."

So a restriction on your Provincial Nomination Certificate, such as working in Forestry sector only or with Employer ABC Inc. only would make someone ineligible for a bridging work permit... This is what I understand from this sentence
Thnaks bro.
i applied open work permit on 5 December ( online ) and i attached BC nomination latter (on that letter has my employer name )
and i did not attached the job offer letter.
Guy's my work permit going to expire next month of 24 jan.
if cic will refuse my open work permit then what should do? pls guide me

Pr2015

Dec 10, 2014
patwal said:
Thnaks bro.
i applied open work permit on 5 December ( online ) and i attached BC nomination latter (on that letter has my employer name )
and i did not attached the job offer letter.
Guy's my work permit going to expire next month of 24 jan.
if cic will refuse my open work permit then what should do? pls guide me
apply for closed w.p before expiry of ur wp with job letter just to avoid restoration and withdraw this one.
Good luck

Pr2015

Dec 10, 2014
starla said:
I was in the same situation as you but I called CIC as soon as I received the refusal online that I am a PNP Nominee (with AOR/done with Medical) and I am entitled to apply for a work permit. And I told them that I applied before my expiry date so I should be considered "with status" when I applied. The first agent who answered me was not helpful at all and called again, luckily I talked to an agent and open my file and looked for notation why I am being refused and she emailed right away the department that handled work permit applications. After one week I got 2 years open work permit. Since I applied for closed work permit and I know that they only give 1 year open wp, I called CIC again about the 2 years open wp, they re-issued again a 2 year- closed wp.
Did u apply for closed w.p or open?and when did u apply?
Thanks for ur reply

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
liisa227 said:

Hi Liisa227 - did you hear back on if your BOWP was approved? I am in the exact same situation and is a little confused on how to proceed with my BOWP application... I would love to be able to apply for an open one.

joshy008

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 5 2013
Nomination.....
july 10
AOR Received.
OCTOBER 9
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
0CTOBER 9
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 29
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 4 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nov 21 2014
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 11 2014
HI guys

I applied in last june 2014 and i got approved. i approved with ainp -nomination employer driven strem,I applied for open permit.My permit came as open but had restriction as ALBERTA NES .I applied after my medicals i included a cover letter stating the immigration law

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
joshy008 said:
HI guys

I applied in last june 2014 and i got approved. i approved with ainp -nomination employer driven strem,I applied for open permit.My permit came as open but had restriction as ALBERTA NES .I applied after my medicals i included a cover letter stating the immigration law
When you say you applied for an open permit, did you chose the option "an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer" or "a work permit with a new employer" on the first page of the application form?

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
nessjo said:
Hi Liisa227 - did you hear back on if your BOWP was approved? I am in the exact same situation and is a little confused on how to proceed with my BOWP application... I would love to be able to apply for an open one.
I called CIC again a few weeks back to ask what on earth is going on with the BOWPs these days, and ended up withdrawing the application. The agent said he can't comment on any specific cases (WHAT THE @#"% ARE THEY BEING PAID FOR THEN?!) but said it seems likely that I wouldn't be eligible for BOWP, and that I should apply for a closed WP instead. Employer-driven streams, when your employer name is actually written on your PNP certificate, apparently don't qualify for BOWP anymore (since August 2014).

So I asked him to withdraw my application, and I just got the email confirmation of that today. I did it because A) it was my only chance of getting my $155 back for the BOWP, because they don't do refunds once processing has started, and B) I don't want to spend too much time on implied status so I had to make a quick decision and just start the process over. The plan was to not be on implied status at all (which is why I initially applied back in November, as my current permit expires February 12) but whatever. I applied for the new closed WP last week, so hopefully I'll get it by the end of February with just a couple of weeks in between.

All I'm hoping now is that I'll get the WP despite my PNP certificate having expired in August 2014. Somewhere on these forums someone said that WP applications will be rejected unless the PNP certificate is still valid - it makes zero sense, since the certificates are only ever valid for 6 months which for some people is not even enough to get PR AOR. But I'm half expecting for CIC to keep coming up with new ways to screw everybody over, so we'll see..