+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP: Paper-based economic class applications went digital

Arkosa

Dec 6, 2020
I applied last week. Once you know all documents that apply to your stream, it is a really simple process.

First, create an account on the portal. Then you're going to upload the same documents that you would send by mail on a paper based submission.

The IMM0008 was the only form that I had to fill on the portal, instead of uploading. All other forms and documents will be electronically uploaded, including the front and back scan of your photos, certificates, proof of fees payment, etc.

Once you finish your submission, its state only changes to "Submitted".
Should we create several application for our dependants or we should apply only one application and attached dependants file together.i confuse because in portal it was stated that we may create additional applicatin(s) for our dependants.Good luck

Arkosa

Dec 6, 2020
ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY:

April 8, 2021

On April 1, 2021, IRCC launched an online permanent residence application portal enabling applicants who apply for select economic permanent resident programs to submit their applications online. These programs include

1. Non-Express Entry (base) Provincial Nominee Program <----------!!!
  2. Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
  3. Agri-Food Pilot
  4. Atlantic Immigration Pilot
  5. Quebec Selected Investor Program
  6. Quebec Entrepreneur Program
  7. Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2021-digital-economic-class.html

I was about to send my paper applications today.

Did you guys applied through it?
Could we expect to get AOR faster now?
Some argued that for now only limited applicant allowed through online portal.I have read article at cicnews claim that candited will be selected randomly in order to apply online.I hope this is not true

Arkosa

Dec 6, 2020
I would be more than gratefull if someone would like to answer my question .i have limited time to apply.I have to apply with my wife and 2children.

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Should we create several application for our dependants or we should apply only one application and attached dependants file together.i confuse because in portal it was stated that we may create additional applicatin(s) for our dependants.Good luck
There is just ONE main applicant. There are several forms where you can inform your dependents, but they all go under the main applicant submission. If you are the main applicant, you will attach all forms and documents of your dependents under your submission.

Reactions: Arkosa

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Some argued that for now only limited applicant allowed through online portal.I have read article at cicnews claim that candited will be selected randomly in order to apply online.I hope this is not true
What I read from official sources is that you are free to choose applying through the portal or the old fashioned way (paper-based).

Reactions: Arkosa and Monark20

Banty1234

Apr 22, 2021
I submitted my file on April 17, status is showing submitted. But, in submission date is still blank. Is this thing happened to anyone else or this is normal.

Arkosa

Dec 6, 2020
There is just ONE main applicant. There are several forms where you can inform your dependents, but they all go under the main applicant submission. If you are the main applicant, you will attach all forms and documents of your dependents under your submission.
Thank you for your response. Logically I agree with you.Probably I will do the same. However, I confused after reading this information in my online pr account

Application for Permanent Residence
View my permanent residence application(s)
On this page you can view all the permanent residence application(s) in your account. This includes applications for yourself and any dependents who will come with you to Canada. You can also re-name your applications to keep track of them.
To check the service standards for permanent residence applications, visit IRCC’s service standards page(opens in a new browser tab) for more information. Note that not all programs have service standards.
To verify processing times for permanent residence applications, please follow the lin

donprof

Jan 30, 2017
Thank you for your response. Logically I agree with you.Probably I will do the same. However, I confused after reading this information in my online pr account

Application for Permanent Residence
View my permanent residence application(s)
On this page you can view all the permanent residence application(s) in your account. This includes applications for yourself and any dependents who will come with you to Canada. You can also re-name your applications to keep track of them.
To check the service standards for permanent residence applications, visit IRCC’s service standards page(opens in a new browser tab) for more information. Note that not all programs have service standards.
To verify processing times for permanent residence applications, please follow the lin
I think you cannot have a separate application for you and your family- they should be included in one application. However, you COULD have various applications in the same portal (say PNP, Atlantic Pilot etc). That is the way I will interpret the statement you just posted. The IMM0008 is filled by the principal applicant and if you were to submit separate application for your family members under the same stream(Say PNP) are you going to fill different IMM008 for them - as they are not the principal applicants? I will suggest you go ahead with one application for the family. Best Wishes.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Did anyone get an AOR after submitting PNP online application ?? It would be interesting to know as paper applications are taking forever to get an AOR !

Reactions: Rathod Dilip

Arkosa

Dec 6, 2020
I submitted my file on April 17, status is showing submitted. But, in submission date is still blank. Is this thing happened to anyone else or this is normal.
Please tell me if you scanned your printed photo and upload it again or you just upload your online photos.

Arkosa

Dec 6, 2020
I think you cannot have a separate application for you and your family- they should be included in one application. However, you COULD have various applications in the same portal (say PNP, Atlantic Pilot etc). That is the way I will interpret the statement you just posted. The IMM0008 is filled by the principal applicant and if you were to submit separate application for your family members under the same stream(Say PNP) are you going to fill different IMM008 for them - as they are not the principal applicants? I will suggest you go ahead with one application for the family. Best Wishes.
Thank you very much. Now I have only 1 problem.( i do not know how upload photos whetaher i should apply online or scanned printed photo and then upload )

donprof

Jan 30, 2017
Thank you very much. Now I have only 1 problem.( i do not know how upload photos whetaher i should apply online or scanned printed photo and then upload )
I have not applied online yet - though I have a colleague who did. Personally, I think once the picture meets the right dimension (photo size) it does not necessarily matter if it is scanned or it was a digital upload. However, the back of the picture should be scanned as I gathered that you should have your name and DOB written at the back. I think one of these options should suffice (digital front, scanned back) or (scanned front and back) - just my opinion. Also before submission and after digital signature, kindly check if you can still see your uploaded documents as I have asked this question here though no response yet. I await my Police Clearances before I can apply , all I am doing now is getting to understand the process.

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
I have not applied online yet - though I have a colleague who did. Personally, I think once the picture meets the right dimension (photo size) it does not necessarily matter if it is scanned or it was a digital upload. However, the back of the picture should be scanned as I gathered that you should have your name and DOB written at the back. I think one of these options should suffice (digital front, scanned back) or (scanned front and back) - just my opinion. Also before submission and after digital signature, kindly check if you can still see your uploaded documents as I have asked this question here though no response yet. I await my Police Clearances before I can apply , all I am doing now is getting to understand the process.
Actually it is not only the DOB on the back. It is the date the photo was taken too.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

The back of one photo must include:

• the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken

The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Actually it is not only the DOB on the back. It is the date the photo was taken too.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

The back of one photo must include:

• the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken

The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
It is valid for:

• applying for a permanent resident card, or
  • if you are submitting an application for permanent residence in Canada.