+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP: Paper-based economic class applications went digital

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY:

April 8, 2021

On April 1, 2021, IRCC launched an online permanent residence application portal enabling applicants who apply for select economic permanent resident programs to submit their applications online. These programs include

1. Non-Express Entry (base) Provincial Nominee Program <----------!!!
  2. Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
  3. Agri-Food Pilot
  4. Atlantic Immigration Pilot
  5. Quebec Selected Investor Program
  6. Quebec Entrepreneur Program
  7. Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2021-digital-economic-class.html

I was about to send my paper applications today.

Did you guys applied through it?
Could we expect to get AOR faster now?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY:

April 8, 2021

On April 1, 2021, IRCC launched an online permanent residence application portal enabling applicants who apply for select economic permanent resident programs to submit their applications online. These programs include

1. Non-Express Entry (base) Provincial Nominee Program <----------!!!
  2. Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
  3. Agri-Food Pilot
  4. Atlantic Immigration Pilot
  5. Quebec Selected Investor Program
  6. Quebec Entrepreneur Program
  7. Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2021-digital-economic-class.html

I was about to send my paper applications today.

Did you guys applied through it?
Could we expect to get AOR faster now?
Instead of applying paper based application to Sydney Nova Scotia, you have to apply online now . No one knows how accurate processing time is for AOR as lot of people already applied as courier mailing option. This came in effect from April 1 . So please let us know how fast is this portal for AOR.

Reactions: jcbca

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
I applied on March 11, missed it by a few days. I am sure digital applications would be faster as it would not have to take an effort to key in all the paper information into the system by a officer. I wonder why it was not done earlier. Rest only time could tell.. step in the right direction of getting rid of paper application in digital age specially given the corona situation. Pity that I had to put in an paper application could have waited for a few days ☹.

Jatt Saab

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
I applied on March 11, missed it by a few days. I am sure digital applications would be faster as it would not have to take an effort to key in all the paper information into the system by a officer. I wonder why it was not done earlier. Rest only time could tell.. step in the right direction of getting rid of paper application in digital age specially given the corona situation. Pity that I had to put in an paper application could have waited for a few days ☹.
My AR Is March 18th, lets see what happens.But i think they will clear the paper files backlog first

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Instead of applying paper based application to Sydney Nova Scotia, you have to apply online now . No one knows how accurate processing time is for AOR as lot of people already applied as courier mailing option. This came in effect from April 1 . So please let us know how fast is this portal for AOR.
Great!
I was about to send my papers the old fashioned so I realized we have this new option. I might be applying in the next days, let's see how it goes. I will share my timeline here.

Reactions: wchang and LauSuSo

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
I was told that all the paper is scanned as they receive it so they can internally open a file into the system. So it takes time.
But I also think that now even the paper application will go faster as they will not have more and more paper coming in.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
As long as IS is in the PNP economic resident program list, I guess they will be able to apply as well...
I guess it will be much faster as this option is only available if you are presently applying from inside Canada ! This option is not available for international candidates. Let’s see how it goes as for me I have already submitted a paper application two weeks ago, so aor looks far away.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Has anybody applied on this portal ?? Did you receive an AOR??

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Thank god found a thread. Anyone who has applied online can you please let us know the procedure for it?
I haven't applied yet. All I know is that:

1) You have to create a login at the portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
2) There you start an application and submit/upload all your documents and forms.
3) I noticed that one of those forms (IMM0008) that were printed/signed on paper-based application now you have to fill it electronically at the portal.
4) Apparently, there's no way a consultant/layer can do it on your behalf (to be confirmed). But I guess they will provide that support in the future.

Reactions: Monark20

jcbca

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
I haven't applied yet. All I know is that:

1) You have to create a login at the portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
2) There you start an application and submit/upload all your documents and forms.
3) I noticed that one of those forms (IMM0008) that were printed/signed on paper-based application now you have to fill it electronically at the portal.
4) Apparently, there's no way a consultant/layer can do it on your behalf (to be confirmed). But I guess they will provide that support in the future.
5) When you open a new application:

5.1) You will notice that the portal is the same for all flavours of applications. At the top of the page, you will have the form upload section. There you will see a variety of boxes to upload different forms for different applications. Just upload what makes sense for your application.
5.2) In a second section, you will have some more boxes to upload extra documents (like birth/marriage certificates, letters, photos, etc).
5.3) At the bottom of the page (last section), you can upload payment proof of taxes.

donprof

Jan 30, 2017
Any applicant through the new digital PR application? Appreciate if you can share your experience