+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Outland 2020 AOR connect here

Rev000

Sep 15, 2020
It is always hard know what is going on when agents are involved.
Have you actually been nominated by Alberta? Or just been invited to apply?
Once nominated by a province you would receive another 600 points and you would likely receive an ITA for express entry shortly after.
It is then after this stage that you would do your medical and biometrics.

Thanks for your reply,
I haven't received any nomination or invitation from Alberta, it's just my agent applied for EE with interest in Alberta for PNP, just awaiting an invitation from them.

I don't have master degree, I just did bachelors,
Nor I have any relatives in Alberta nor any job offer from Alberta. In the case would I be still nominated from Alberta with 328 crs score?

As per my agent i will hopefully just have to be more patience they say, it's been 8 months.

Thanks again.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Anyone applied for the nomination extension during the AOR waiting period? Nomination might have expired during the waiting period. What if IRCC return the application because of some objections?

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Thanks for your reply,
I haven't received any nomination or invitation from Alberta, it's just my agent applied for EE with interest in Alberta for PNP, just awaiting an invitation from them.

Nor I have any relatives in Alberta nor any job offer from Alberta. In the case would I be still nominated from Alberta with 328 crs score?

As per my agent i will hopefully just have to be more patience they say, it's been 8 months.

Thanks again.
I'm no expert in the Alberta PNP but I took a look at the eligibility factors.

It seems that anyone can be selected as long as at the very minimum you have 300 points and you work in an occupation that supports Alberta's economy.

But if you have waited 8 months and not heard anything it doesn't seem great. They are less likely to choose you if you only have 3 months left on your EE profile, you must soon be getting to this stage.

I think you would only have a good chance of being selected if you have strong connections to Alberta.
For example; work or study experience or close family. I you do then it's worth hanging in there. If not it might be time to look at other options.

Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Thanks for your reply,

Thanks again.
Bro, this might seem a bit harsh but you should start looking at other options. Your agent doesn't seem to be quite confident too.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Thanks for your reply,

Thanks again.
Hello,
In response to the COVID-19, Alberta has suspended issuing NOI to those outside Alberta since April 29. They are currently only issuing NOI to those with a job offer and currently residing in Alberta. please see the link for more info. https://www.alberta.ca/ainp.aspx

Unfortunately, those who got NOI and have applied but do not reside in Alberta with a job offer all have their application on hold until Alberta reverses the suspension. And if their EE profile expires before the suspension is lifted, their application (which is on hold will be cancelled and close).

If PNP is your only choice, I'd advise you start considering other provinces.

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hello,
In response to the COVID-19, Alberta has suspended issuing NOI to those outside Alberta since April 29. They are currently only issuing NOI to those with a job offer and currently residing in Alberta. please see the link for more info. https://www.alberta.ca/ainp.aspx

Unfortunately, those who got NOI and have applied but do not reside in Alberta with a job offer all have their application on hold until Alberta reverses the suspension. And if their EE profile expires before the suspension is lifted, their application (which is on hold will be cancelled and close).

If PNP is your only choice, I'd advise you start considering other provinces.

Oh, so it means that even I have the nomination and the case is on hold for decision, and if my profile expires, my file will be closed or cancelled... its heart breaking..

samuelngs

Jan 17, 2019
Oh, so it means that even I have the nomination and the case is on hold for decision, and if my profile expires, my file will be closed or cancelled... its heart breaking..
I'm also an AB PNP Outlander. Not sure if my information is still up to date, but a few months ago I heard someone saying that the COVID-19 update only applied to people who are waiting for a nomination. If this change also affects nominees, that's very depressing. I've been waiting for a decision since May last year. :(

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
You are waiting for decision? means you also have the nomination? These rumors are non stop honestly, creating panic and depression! I heard that whoever is nominated may still be safe, not sure until when....

samuelngs

Jan 17, 2019
You are waiting for decision? means you also have the nomination? These rumors are non stop honestly, creating panic and depression! I heard that whoever is nominated may still be safe, not sure until when....
Yeah, I do. I got nominated early last year actually lol. To be honest, I don't think those rumors were true. My application's eligibility and criminality were changed to pass just about a month ago. If the COVID19 update applies to me, they would have cancelled my application.

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Man, you sure tht you talking about 2019? im unable to digest it actually. what took so long and why you did not followed up with them? usually it used to take 4 months max to give decision. im surprised

samuelngs

Jan 17, 2019
Man, you sure tht you talking about 2019? im unable to digest it actually. what took so long and why you did not followed up with them? usually it used to take 4 months max to give decision. im surprised
Yeah, received NOI in January 2019, nominated in March 2019. Honestly, I don't know. I called them once, they didn't give a definite answer. But I'm glad there has been a lot of progress on my application since July, everything has passed now except security screening. I hope that security screening won't take another year to complete o_O

Last edited:

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
No, this does not apply to you if you already have a nomination.
It only applies to those who have applied to AINP EE, and are awaiting nomination.

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Yeah, received NOI in January 2019, nominated in March 2019. Honestly, I don't know. I called them once, they didn't give a definite answer. But I'm glad there has been a lot of progress on my application since July, everything has passed now except security screening. I hope that security screening won't take another year to complete o_O
When exactly did you submit your PR application after the nomination. Like, what is your AOR?
How long has it been now after your AOR?
I'm curious as to why you haven't gotten PPR yet.

samuelngs

Jan 17, 2019
When exactly did you submit your PR application after the nomination. Like, what is your AOR?
How long has it been now after your AOR?
I'm curious as to why you haven't gotten PPR yet.
AOR on Apr 5th, 2019. I don't think there's any particular reason why it's taking so long, or at least I couldn't found any from the GCMS notes. It just seems like my application had gone into oblivion, and was later picked up again when I sent them renewed passport copies in June. Eligibility, medicals and criminality were changed to pass right before I requested a GCMS notes in mid-July. Security wasn't started according to the notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emprexx