+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (OINP......) Masters Graduate Stream Program / PHD (No Job Offer Required)

Anna16

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
NO worries. You will directly get your nomination and checks. Good luck and update me if you hear any thing. It's stressing me out.

Rash14

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehe thank you so much for your good wishes. Obliged.

Anna16 said:
NO worries. You will directly get your nomination and checks. Good luck and update me if you hear any thing. It's stressing me out.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish to avail a one year masters program in Ontario so as to apply for Ontario's graduate stream pnp option;
After one year Masters, I would be offered one year of Graduate work permit,
Is an year of time sufficient for the pnp to get processed or should I opt for two years program?
Suggestions be highly appreciated

My prime focus is to attain management related qualification; Suggestions pertaining to any two year economic program in Ontario will be highly appreciated.

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
feejay87 said:
I wish to avail a one year masters program in Ontario so as to apply for Ontario's graduate stream pnp option;
Is an year of time sufficient for the pnp to get processed or should I opt for two years program?

My prime focus is to attain management related qualification; Suggestions pertaining to any two year economic program in Ontario will be highly appreciated.
I will recommend you to go for master's program equivalent to 2 years. Most 16 months master program are equivalent to 2 year (check it with university prior to admission).
Then you will proably get 3 years work permit which is perfect.

1 year work permit can be very tight for PNP considering the recent processing time they have been taking.

All the best!

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Hello everyone,
I am still waiting for the nomination from Ontario. Meanwhile I was looking to the documents required for the next step (to CIC). In particular I wish to discuss with you about point 12 and 15 of the document checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf).

Point 12 is about providing the language proficiency test. Considering I am a post-doctoral fellow in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, do I need the language proficiency test? Did you provide such document? According to what they write, if the category falls in NOC C or D we should provide the language proficiency (such as IELTS general training). In what category are we? I was doing a quick research and I found NOC A 4011. Do you guys confirm?

Point 15 is about the police certificate. What type of police certificate do they need? I was hearing with fingerprints. Do we need from our country (plus each country in which we spent more than 6 consecutive months) and Canada as well?

Hope this will help many other people who will apply to CIC soon.
Regards.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Genesis76 said:
Hello everyone,
I am still waiting for the nomination from Ontario. Meanwhile I was looking to the documents required for the next step (to CIC). In particular I wish to discuss with you about point 12 and 15 of the document checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf).

Point 12 is about providing the language proficiency test. Considering I am a post-doctoral fellow in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, do I need the language proficiency test? Did you provide such document? According to what they write, if the category falls in NOC C or D we should provide the language proficiency (such as IELTS general training). In what category are we? I was doing a quick research and I found NOC A 4011. Do you guys confirm?

Point 15 is about the police certificate. What type of police certificate do they need? I was hearing with fingerprints. Do we need from our country (plus each country in which we spent more than 6 consecutive months) and Canada as well?

Hope this will help many other people who will apply to CIC soon.
Regards.
Point 12: They need an English test from people applying through low-skilled PNP programs. Ontario Masters/PhD graduate isn't that.

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
feejay87 said:

Please note that people who applied in January this year for Ontario PNP portion are still waiting to get PNP certificate and without submitting application to Federal part and AOR you can't get Bridging work permit. I had 3 years work permit,got expired ,then 1 year bridging work permit and its almost expiring. Ofcourse there are cases where they were processed faster,depends on many factors.

Best approach would be raise your points high in express entry and get PR then get admission in Masters and go for job.

I learnt all this the hard way.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
feejay87 said:

Absolutely not. Avoid one-year degrees.

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Hi guys, just to let you know that yesterday I received the nomination from Ontario!! I got the package with letter of nomination and a usb key (8Gb). Now I have to prepare the new package for CIC before middle of April 2017.

BQM

Dec 31, 2015
feejay87 said:

Try to find a Masters Program which is defined as 2 years but you can complete it in 1 year, after completing that program in 1 year you can get the 3 years work permit. I know there are Master of Engineering program in U Windsor/ UOIT and some other universities but dont know about the management programs.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on some of my questions.
I got my PR under CEC just recently. My fiance has applied for OINP masters stream in first week of April this year and got document request in sept last week. We provided the documents and now waiting for nomination. She got one year PGWP coz her masters was of one year duration. Her PGWP is expiring in feb next year and now we are begin to think how to extend her stay in Canada.

Do you see any chance for applying BOWP if we get nomination and apply for PR before her PGWP expires ?

Is there any option to stay here if option one doesn't work out?

We are planning to get married next October, we can think about getting married earlier if it helps in getting her OWP while her PR is in progress?

I would really appreciate anyone who can tell us what should we be doing in this situation.

Thanks.

ibk

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hello

Is it mandatory to submit ECA credentials of your Indian Bachelors degree for OINP Master's stream?
If yes, then could anyone explain me the process of applying for OINP?
How many of you got IELTS each band 6.0 and received the nomination?

Would appreciate to hear from your previous experience.

Regards

aircanada

May 27, 2014
ibk said:
Hello

Is it mandatory to submit ECA credentials of your Indian Bachelors degree for OINP Master's stream?
If yes, then could anyone explain me the process of applying for OINP?
How many of you got IELTS each band 6.0 and received the nomination?

Would appreciate to hear from your previous experience.

Regards
No.

You really should refer to the complete checklist of documents for application that they have on their website. That has to be the first step.