+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (OINP......) Masters Graduate Stream Program / PHD (No Job Offer Required)

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Hi Everyone,

I have some questions related to OINP-Master Stream:

1. I cannot get a birth of certificate from my hometown in time. Can I use household registration and notarial certificate of kinship to replace birth of certificate?

2. In the intention letter to reside in Ontario, I want to show I have strong social connections in Ontario.
Do I need to include my friends' contact information in the letter? Will CIC call them to check my information? What detail information should I remind my friends?

Hope those who ever got the calls from CIC officers can reply me, Many thanks!
My answer is with respect to question 1: I do not think you can. Instead, according to CIC, you may present an official letter from the government of your Country confirming your date of birth and giving reasons why your official birth certificate is not available. I think this is the only document CIC or Ontario may accept in lieu of your birth certificate. This is just a suggestion, and not an advice. You may consult further.

patel1

Oct 30, 2017
Windsor
Hello everyone,
I have some confusion regarding my options to get the PR based on total processing time from application date to getting a PR card.

My Profile:- Masters Graduate in Ontario, got work permit March 2017, Started working full time in April 2017 as Jr. Quality Manager. Oct 2017 I switched my job (Jr. Program Manager) and the company so the NOC codes are different for both roles.
IELTS Overall 7.5 - L8.5 R7.5 W6.5 S8.0

I applied to the OINP Masters stream on October 25th 2017, I am not sure what the whole process steps are and timelines to expect. Can anyone tell me how many steps to expect in OINP and approximate time for each level?

Also, can I consider my both experiences to cover the 1 year for the express entry and apply under CEC in April 2018? Which option would be quicker and most efficient to get the PR Card?

Reactions: dreamy2536
Dec 19, 2017
Hi everyone,
does anybody know when the lately announced quota for 2017 for Masters Graduate Stream will be opened? One day left before the page will be closed for maintenance this year... Should we expect it will be opened this year? may it be opened at night hours (Ontario time-zones)?

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Hey Everyone,

My father transferred funds to me in November to go towards my settlement funds.
I know for the Masters Graduate Stream, it says that you have to show 6 months of bank statements when applying.
In the event they open the stream in February 2018 for example, I will only have 3 months bank statements showing the amount needed for settlement funds.
Will a deed gift from my Dad saying that the funds are mine exempt me from showing the funds for the whole 6 months.

Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: tanyarules

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Experts

I have some questions related to OINP-Master Stream.

I am 39 years old and planning to pursue executive MBA from one of the univs of Ontario .
Is Executive MBA considered under this stream ( even if its not full time ) ?

Please advise

chiru1973

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Hi Folks,
I have a query regarding OINP-Master Stream OINP-Master Stream.
The guideline says, the applicant should not remain enrolled in further study while applying. However, it doesn't say anything , whether applicant can enroll to further study after putting application! I even called OINP office to verify and they said, as per the document ( read guideline) ,there should not be a problem. Do any one of you think that it can reduce your chance of getting nomination and even after that to get PR, if the applicant gets enrolled into further study ,while the application is in process? Regards

dreamy2536

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka VFS
App. Filed.......
27-11-2017
Doc's Request.
30-11-2017 [Additional documents]
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-12-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
Expected 30-06-2018
Having a Masters degree from Ontario is enough to apply under this stream or do I have to get 75% in all my courses? Please help! I am confused.

dreamy2536

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka VFS
App. Filed.......
27-11-2017
Doc's Request.
30-11-2017 [Additional documents]
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-12-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
Expected 30-06-2018
Do I need WES assessment for my Overseas education certificates while applying for OINP Masters Graduate Stream?

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Do I need WES assessment for my Overseas education certificates while applying for OINP Masters Graduate Stream?
Hey, I also want to know the same question...do we need the assessment from WES for a foreign bachelors degree prior to masters from canada? thanks