+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (OINP......) Masters Graduate Stream Program / PHD (No Job Offer Required)

aircanada

May 27, 2014
shashankpilot1 said:
Hi, I'm new to OINP. I'm bit confused regarding international master graduate stream language requirement. I know the requirement keeps changing but I wanted to know whether the language requirement needs to be fulfilled for both English and French or is it a choice for the candidate. Like choosing English over French.
Yes. It's EITHER language.

Apr 20, 2016
Hi, I have another question. I would like to know if a candidate has 1 yr post study work permit. And in the worst scenario, if the candidate doesn't find a job. And simultaneously if ones applied for international master graduate stream and waits for it to be approved. Till which step will a candidate would be allowed to extend his stay in Canada. I know it is hypothetical but wanted to know.

Parya-S

Apr 20, 2016
saud said:
Anyone got his AOR today???
:)
Hey Saud,

I was wondering if you received your AOR? Since I have filed my application on January 7th which is pretty close to the date you have ( Jan 5th) :)

saud

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Parya-S said:
Hey Saud,

I was wondering if you received your AOR? Since I have filed my application on January 7th which is pretty close to the date you have ( Jan 5th) :)
hi Parya
i am still waiting. i give them a call yesterday and day before yesterday. but same reply, wait wait wait for your turn.
:( :( :(

Apr 21, 2016
luckychamp said:
Thanks bro.....well seriously don't know exactly the main diff in term of processing time.....However I have applied OINP - Master Graduate Stream.....and In my nomination it was clearly mentioned that I have to apply paper base application under the CIC expedite stream.....and see its been seven months I got my AOR from CIC in three months and then waiting for past almost four months for the next step which is MR.....but reading every where that people from June batch did not receive their MR request yet ...... I am pissed off as well that whats going on??

Well we also think that but the process is damn slow although province already put time on our applications then issued nominations but still CIC takes so long.......I would suggest you to ask the CIC agent and I am sure he/she will properly explain you the right path.

Thanks
Hello LuckyChamp and Everyone

I have been analyzing PR Processing timelines for a while now and it doesn’t sit well with me. For example consider the below two timelines

Yours
Nomination.....: 14-08-2015
AOR Received.: 18-12-2015
Med's Request: Waiting

Someone Else’s (An Express Entry Candidate)
Nomination.....: 30-11-2015
AOR Received.: 25-03-2016
Med's Request: 15-04-2016

Do you see a problem?

To make this worse the processing times for our category has gone up from around “9 months” to “15 Months+PNP Nomination Time” while the processing time for applicants from outside the country (mostly express entry) have gone down from approx. “2 years” to less than “6 months”.

I know most of us in our category are in a limbo. Hence I am considering bringing this to the notice of ministers in the parliament. All I want to ask for, is to consider us EQUALS if not the "Cream of the Crop" (As in the words of Immigration Minister John McCallum).

Please let me know your opinion. Would anyone be interested to join?

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
anonymoushumanist said:

I have been analyzing PR Processing timelines for a while now and it doesn’t sit well with me. For example consider the below two timelines

Yours

Do you see a problem?

To make this worse the processing times for our category has gone up from around “9 months” to “15 Months+PNP Nomination Time” while the processing time for applicants from outside the country (mostly express entry) have gone down from approx. “2 years” to less than “6 months”.

I know most of us in our category are in a limbo. Hence I am considering bringing this to the notice of ministers in the parliament. All I want to ask for, is to consider us EQUALS if not the "Cream of the Crop" (As in the words of Immigration Minister John McCallum).

I agree. It really sucks. Some employer does not even offer jobs citing you have only 1 year work permit. Employers are always dodging one way or the other. I am personally of the opinion the nomination must say you could apply for the express entry and should not force us the paper based application route.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
anonymoushumanist said:

Yours

Do you see a problem?

I concur... let me know what else we could do

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
shashankpilot1 said:
Guys can anyone please answer. Does international master graduate stream satisfy the bridging open work permit req.?
Once you get nomination you have to apply to the CIC. If you have Acknowledgement of Receipt from CIC or you are at any other later stage you could apply for BOWP ( bridging open work permit ) by applying to the CIC.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
shashankpilot1 said:
Thanks brother.
Welcome brother. Please share your information in your profile like I have so we know where are you. I got my master nomination on 9th feb

Apr 20, 2016
I'm still a student but wanted to know the process and any backups if the process gets late. I noticed the International master graduate student stream process looks very slow. Lots of delays. I had emailed Ontario immigration fellow and they had said the whole nomination process takes 90 days. Doesn't look like it. I also need to prepare for IELTS. Glad I don't have to do french which I have no idea about.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
anonymoushumanist said:

Yours

Do you see a problem?

You've got my support. This is getting ugly.