+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Nominee, Soft Landing to a different city

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Hi Members,

I am a PNP nominee (Ontario) and I have a COPR visa valid till Feb, 2022.

Can we do a soft landing in a different city (say Vancouver) other than the province which nominated us ?

My future intention to reside will still be Ontario. Only reason why I want to do a soft landing in Vancouver is - I live in California which is close from here.

Can someone please share your experience if you have been successful in below situation.

Thanks!

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Hi Members,

I am a PNP nominee (Ontario) and I have a COPR visa valid till Feb, 2022.

Can we do a soft landing in a different city (say Vancouver) other than the province which nominated us ?

My future intention to reside will still be Ontario. Only reason why I want to do a soft landing in Vancouver is - I live in California which is close from here.

Can someone please share your experience if you have been successful in below situation.

Thanks!
Yes you can soft land in any city. I am SINP nominee, did soft landing in Niagara falls in Sept 2021. I know few other friends who landed in a different city as well.

if asked, just mention that you do intend to reside in Ontario, when you move. Its not an issue

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Yes you can soft land in any city. I am SINP nominee, did soft landing in Niagara falls in Sept 2021. I know few other friends who landed in a different city as well.

if asked, just mention that you do intend to reside in Ontario, when you move. Its not an issue
Thanks for your reply! So just to confirm- when you did soft landing, did you return back from the port of entry or you continued your travel to the destination mentioner in your COPR ?

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Thanks for your reply! So just to confirm- when you did soft landing, did you return back from the port of entry or you continued your travel to the destination mentioner in your COPR ?
Hello,

can you please respond to my question when you get a chance.

Thanks!

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Hi,

We stayed in Niagara for 2 days and returned back thru the same PoE.
We did not travel to the destination PNP.

iamfaheem

Aug 12, 2020
@Kkdpns Can you post your experience here once you complete your soft landing. I will be in similar situation soon.

also can you confirm how much time it took for you to process your application from ita to CoPR?

TIA

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019

Hey there! Sorry for a little off topic question. But since you already did soft landing, and would subsequently move to canada down the line, kindly help me with your view on shifting household stuff. IF at all you plan to take your household goods from US to canada - hv you thought about what can be the feasible options? shipper, towing the stuff, or some other option. Which one would be more cost effective?

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
SINP NOMINEE , SOFT LANDING IN ONTARIO VIA LAND BORDER

Can we do soft landing in different province (Ontario)if We are nominee of another different province (Saskatchewan)via Land border and return back to USA from Ontario?

As Ontario Land Border is closer to our place. Actually we are not planning to go Regina this time. We are planning to return from land border (Ontario) after activating PR. Final move to Regina we will do after few months.

We Will give our Saskatchewan relative’s address . Will it work?

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Hi,

Could you please expand on this experience?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hey there! Sorry for a little off topic question. But since you already did soft landing, and would subsequently move to canada down the line, kindly help me with your view on shifting household stuff. IF at all you plan to take your household goods from US to canada - hv you thought about what can be the feasible options? shipper, towing the stuff, or some other option. Which one would be more cost effective?
If you are just two hours away and something very close try towing yourself using Uhaul. If you are more than 6 hours away with no help then you can use Upack services. It would cost you like $200 to $300 more than your own towing but its the safest and riskless option.

Reactions: Abhi1982

enigma_2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hi All. I have received COPR via OINP (Ontario immigration Nominee program) and my city of destination is Toronto on the COPR document. Can i do a soft landing at Vancouver instead of Toronto? can i face any issues at Immigration office in Vancouver? I am aware about the obligations of PNP program and I will settle in Ontario province. When you first land in Canada, then approx how much time it takes for immigration work to finish? I am planning to land in Vancouver and finish my immigration work and then get a flight back

kathnada

Apr 10, 2019

Hello Going2Can. Did you go to Niagara for soft landing or did you went there for a vacation? I am a PNP nominee of New Brunswick but I have booked a flight to Toronto for April, as well as a flight to New Brunswick five days later. Will the short vacation raise a red flag with immigration officers?

We’re planning to stay on my spouse’s friend during the 5 days short vacation..

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Hello Going2Can. Did you go to Niagara for soft landing or did you went there for a vacation? I am a PNP nominee of New Brunswick but I have booked a flight to Toronto for April, as well as a flight to New Brunswick five days later. Will the short vacation raise a red flag with immigration officers?

We’re planning to stay on my spouse’s friend during the 5 days short vacation..
hi,
it wont raise any issues. If they ask more questions, just be prepared to give some valid reasons for the short stay

We went for soft landing only. But once we finished the formalities, we booked a hotel and stayed there for 2 days, just to relax and enjoy the falls from Canada side. But we stayed in Niagara (in CA) only

Thanks

prakkashv

Mar 17, 2023
Hi,

Hello ,
I am in same situation now. Sinp nominee. Planning to soft land through Windsor Michigan land border in my own car. Can I enter Canada with my car? I will go back to USA in few days. Will it create a problem??