+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP New Brunswick 2018 invitation ITA

sammi0921

Apr 13, 2018
Hi experts,

I am planning to apply NBPNP, and wanna ask:-
1. I consider my occupation belongs to NOC 0013 (3 out of previous 5 years) and just noticed that it falls into the latest demand list of NBPNP, wht is my chance to get nomination?
2. In the application guide it mentioned "not applying other immigration program in canada", what does it mean? I cannot apply nomination from other provinces?
3. If finally i got nonimation from NB, and eventually complete my EE application, do i need to land and settle there? Or i can land in other areas?

Thanks a million.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Hi experts,

I am planning to apply NBPNP, and wanna ask:-
1. I consider my occupation belongs to NOC 0013 (3 out of previous 5 years) and just noticed that it falls into the latest demand list of NBPNP, wht is my chance to get nomination?
2. In the application guide it mentioned "not applying other immigration program in canada", what does it mean? I cannot apply nomination from other provinces?
3. If finally i got nonimation from NB, and eventually complete my EE application, do i need to land and settle there? Or i can land in other areas?

Thanks a million.
1. Even if your occupation is in the in-demand list, currently you need to either 1. Work in NB or 2. Have high scores in TEF. If you have attended a NBPNP session in the past 24 months, then wait for the window to open again for info session attendees, and send your EOI then.

2. You can apply for nomination from other provinces, however, if you have an application in progress with NB (after you receive ITA or nomination from them) then you cannot apply to any other provinces. You can only accept nomination from any ONE province.

3. Yes, you do. They have nominated you and you received 600 points because of that nomination. You should land and settle there for at least 1-2 years. One of the forms that you need to sign when submitting your full application is a Consent Declaration form stating that you intend to settle in that province.

Reactions: Mhey Jyn

sammi0921

Apr 13, 2018
1. Even if your occupation is in the in-demand list, currently you need to either 1. Work in NB or 2. Have high scores in TEF. If you have attended a NBPNP session in the past 24 months, then wait for the window to open again for info session attendees, and send your EOI then.

2. You can apply for nomination from other provinces, however, if you have an application in progress with NB (after you receive ITA or nomination from them) then you cannot apply to any other provinces. You can only accept nomination from any ONE province.

3. Yes, you do. They have nominated you and you received 600 points because of that nomination. You should land and settle there for at least 1-2 years. One of the forms that you need to sign when submitting your full application is a Consent Declaration form stating that you intend to settle in that province.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Will i be exempted from the requirements in point 1 if i attended an information session? If yes how can i know details and enroll?

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Will i be exempted from the requirements in point 1 if i attended an information session? If yes how can i know details and enroll?
Check livinginnb.ca website for sessions you can currently register for. Please note: of your country is not in the current list but you can attend in another country, you need to first email them on promotions@gnb.ca and ensure you are allowed to attend the session in the other country. Example if you live in India and want to attend a session in Hanoi

Reactions: Dieumerci

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
@NzKhn
Is that a problem if my spouse name is not in my passport? My wife passport was also issued before our marriage. But i have renewed my passport last year mistakenly my spouse name was missing. will that be a problem ?? Instead of i have marriage certificate.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
@NzKhn
Is that a problem if my spouse name is not in my passport? My wife passport was also issued before our marriage. But i have renewed my passport last year mistakenly my spouse name was missing. will that be a problem ?? Instead of i have marriage certificate.
No?
Why would your wife be on your passport anyway?
She should be travelling on her own passport.
As long as both your passports are valid for at least the next year - just in case, depending on processing times for CIC - you are fine.
You have to include your marriage certificate for the CIC application anyway. Use the same certified copy of the one you sent to NB.

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
No?
Why would your wife be on your passport anyway?
She should be travelling on her own passport.
As long as both your passports are valid for at least the next year - just in case, depending on processing times for CIC - you are fine.
You have to include your marriage certificate for the CIC application anyway. Use the same certified copy of the one you sent to NB.
Thank you..
I have another issue to share with you..if i want to change my passport now, do i have to let NBPNP know about changing my passport??
I am facing some difficulties for collecting my PCC. Maybe i need to chnage my current passport because my police station name is wrong there and i did not notice that. what is the procedure of that??/

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Thank you..
I have another issue to share with you..if i want to change my passport now, do i have to let NBPNP know about changing my passport??
I am facing some difficulties for collecting my PCC. Maybe i need to chnage my current passport because my police station name is wrong there and i did not notice that. what is the procedure of that??/
What is the issue with your PCC?

You don't need to (and shouldn't) change your passport just for PCC. That's extra hassles you don't need.
On your passport, the most important things are that your name, DOB, passport number and passport details are correct.

Remember, things like the address stated on the passport can change, depending on how long your passports remain valid for.
For example, my passport is valid for 10 years at a time. And my home address has changed in that time - I lived in South Africa, now I live in UAE.
But that has never caused any issues.

I would suggest not changing your passport. That will just cost you extra and also could create problems, which can be avoided.

Reactions: SRayhan87

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
What is the issue with your PCC?

You don't need to (and shouldn't) change your passport just for PCC. That's extra hassles you don't need.
On your passport, the most important things are that your name, DOB, passport number and passport details are correct.

Remember, things like the address stated on the passport can change, depending on how long your passports remain valid for.
For example, my passport is valid for 10 years at a time. And my home address has changed in that time - I lived in South Africa, now I live in UAE.
But that has never caused any issues.

I would suggest not changing your passport. That will just cost you extra and also could create problems, which can be avoided.
I would be more than happy if ithis is not create any problem.
But how can i proceeed if they do not provide me police clearence certificate just because of the wrong police station name???
I am trying to pursue with them, i don't know they will agree or not. If they don't then it could be a problem for me.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
I would be more than happy if ithis is not create any problem.
But how can i proceeed if they do not provide me police clearence certificate just because of the wrong police station name???
I am trying to pursue with them, i don't know they will agree or not. If they don't then it could be a problem for me.
You can go to any police station and give your fingerprints for the police clearance.
It doesn't have to be a specific police station or the police station mentioned in your passport.
As far as I know, the police station does not issue the clearance letter, the Police HQ does. Your fingerprints are taken, and that and fees receipt are sent to the Police HQ department that handles issuing police clearance certificates.

This is from the CIC website:

How to Get a Police Certificate - Bangladesh
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes

Name of document(s) to get: Police Clearance Certificate

How to get a Police Certificate
If you are a citizen of Bangladesh
If you live in Bangladesh:
You should apply in person at your local police station.

If you live outside of Bangladesh:
You may authorize a third party to apply on your behalf, who can contact the relevant police station where you last resided. You can also contact the nearest Bangladesh Embassy, Consulate or High Commission.

Information and documents you need:
Special notes and considerations
N/A

Sengkang

Star Member
May 16, 2018
good luck to all! i'm currently in CIC stage already.
just patiently waiting and hoping there won't be any issue.

here's my NB timeline for reference:

January 31, 2018 - NB EOI
March 22, 2018 - NBPNP ITA
April 30, 2018 - Fedex'd docs to NB
May 2, 2018 - Docs received by NB
May 4, 2018 - NB AOR
May 18, 2018 - NB Nomination
May 23, 2018 - CIC ITA