+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Linked Express Entry Application Rejected at Completeness Check Stage

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi All - I would like to thank this forum for helping me with my PR journey, I got my PR successfully and am in Canada now. This query is for a friend -

My friend's family (Friend - primary applicant, Spouse, 2 kids) received AINP nomination and got the ITA because of it. They submitted their documents post ITA a month back and received a message yesterday saying that their application has been rejected due to incomplete document submission - specifically related to the birth certificate of one of the dependent children.

One of their children was born in France and they have the original certificate in French and a true copy in English. They uploaded the English version during document submission but missed uploading the French original. The immigration officer has rejected the application due to this - they did not receive any ADR.

Now, I would like to know what their options are -

1) Can they upload the French birth certificate in a webform and request IRCC to reopen their application? What are the chances of IRCC reconsidering their request?
2) Their AINP nomination is tied to their Express Entry profile. If they have to create a new express entry profile to get back into the pool, will Alberta Immigration provide an updated nomination form? Without the 600 points from AINP nomination, they will not get ITA.

Their AINP nomination is expiring by the end of Feb 2024 and they need to decide their next steps ASAP.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs on this