+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP-Implied status?

kurtis226

Mar 1, 2012
I`m I on "Imlpied status" if I`m still waiting for the result of my PNP application? Can I still work for my current employer under the same conditions?

Thanks

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kurtis226 said:
I`m I on "Imlpied status" if I`m still waiting for the result of my PNP application? Can I still work for my current employer under the same conditions?

Thanks
you're on implied status until your work permit application has been processed, never mind whether you get approved or not,..you can work at your current empl. until the process (Work Permit!) is finalized.

joek

Oct 3, 2012
Hi,

What steps do I need to take in order to go onto implied status?? For example, if my work permit is due to expire at the end of the month and I have not received my pnp cert, do I need to flagpole or apply for implied status online??

Thanks

osspasha

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15-2012
Nomination.....
December 27-2012
AOR Received.
January 27-2013
IELTS Request
exempted
Med's Request
March 3- 2013
Med's Done....
March 14-2013
Passport Req..
July 6-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1-2013
LANDED..........
Aug 6- 2013
you can get an open work permit

This change is effective as of December 15th, 2012. It applies to those individuals who have submitted an application for Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canadian Experience Class, a Provincial Nominee Program, or the Federal Skilled Trades Program.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/work-permit-restrictions-relaxed-for-some-federal-applicants-18122012.html

joek

Oct 3, 2012
osspasha said:
you can get an open work permit

This change is effective as of December 15th, 2012. It applies to those individuals who have submitted an application for Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canadian Experience Class, a Provincial Nominee Program, or the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
Thanks for your reply, but I meant if my wp expired before I was accepted into the program. From my understanding the open work permit is granted after you are accepted into the program you are applying for. "They have received a positive eligibility decision on their Permanent Residency application under one of the Economic Class programs mentioned above"

osspasha

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15-2012
Nomination.....
December 27-2012
AOR Received.
January 27-2013
IELTS Request
exempted
Med's Request
March 3- 2013
Med's Done....
March 14-2013
Passport Req..
July 6-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1-2013
LANDED..........
Aug 6- 2013
joek said:
Thanks for your reply, but I meant if my wp expired before I was accepted into the program. From my understanding the open work permit is granted after you are accepted into the program you are applying for. "They have received a positive eligibility decision on their Permanent Residency application under one of the Economic Class programs mentioned above"
ok let me get this straight u r waiting to be nominated and then apply for ur PR

There is no steps to achieve implied status, u r automatically on implied status while u r waiting for extension on ur work permit.

"If your visitor visa expires after you have submitted your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (visitor) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as implied status." http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

now what u r doing is change of status so i dont think u an work, put u can stay until u get response regarding this matter. u need to call immigration canada and ask them if u can work under change of status or not.

if u cant work then u do this:
wait until a week before ur expiry date, if u didnt get a positive response then apply for an extension on ur work permit "this will grant u an implied status and u can work", seeing how the work permit processing time will buy u 2 months min. make sure u apply by mail

once u get the pnp cert, u can apply for ur PRC and u can contact immigration canada and tell them u want to submit the nomination cert with ur work permit application.
its a complicated way but its all for the sake of keeping ur job

joek

Oct 3, 2012
Thanks for your reply osspasha,

I am on my 2nd IEC work permit and from my understanding this permit is not extendable. When I submit my PNP application and should this current work permit expire am I automatically on implied status you mean?
osspasha said:
if u cant work then u do this:
wait until a week before ur expiry date, if u didnt get a positive response then apply for an extension on ur work permit "this will grant u an implied status and u can work", seeing how the work permit processing time will buy u 2 months min. make sure u apply by mail
I don't quite get what you explained above, "if you can't work do this... wait a week before your expiry date" If its before my expiry date I still can work. Are you saying you can be granted an implied status or additional 2 months even if you have been refused PNP?
osspasha said:
if u didnt get a positive response then apply for an extension on ur work permit "this will grant u an implied status and u can work", seeing how the work permit processing time will buy u 2 months min. make sure u apply by mail
Sorry about all the confusion, i hope you can explain this a little more.

Thanks again!

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi. I hope I can help

It is super simple. You get implied status at the moment you applied for an extension of your work permit. You need to extend your work permit a month before the expiring date.

Therefore, in the moment when your work permit expired and you are waiting for the approval of the new work permit, that period is the implied status. That means you can still work with your employer while you wait for the new work permit.

currency13

Jan 15, 2013
Hello dear good people, im an electrical electronics engineer by profession and im in Niger ia. Pls im tired of the islamic unrest here, last month my company was burnt down by this people and my 4 month old son was badly injured. Please how do I relocate to canada, through the easiest means. Where do I go to apply and what is the cost, somebody please help me.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
chimbombo said:
Hi. I hope I can help

It is super simple. You get implied status at the moment you applied for an extension of your work permit. You need to extend your work permit a month before the expiring date.

Therefore, in the moment when your work permit expired and you are waiting for the approval of the new work permit, that period is the implied status. That means you can still work with your employer while you wait for the new work permit.
what if you got your nomination and there is less than a month left for your work permit to expire?

Like a friend of mine got her LOA on Jan 11 and her work permit expires Jan 23

joek

Oct 3, 2012
Then I would be a very happy man! =) I heard from a friend that he got his nomination cert last week after applying at the end of November without an interview either.