19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
Hi

With 4 months for my Canadian Visa and Work Permit to expire and no sign of my PR application getting through within this period, I did like to know what my options are if I wish to continue working in Canada. I applied for a PR through the PNP process in New Brunswick last year. So I do have a Provincial Nomination Certificate from last year. Could I use this certificate rather than going through the LMO process to get a work permit? I did prefer an open work permit so as to reduce as much dependency on my current employer at this point. Anybody in the same boat as me? Any suggestions?

Thanks
JonMonc

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jonmonc said:
Hi

With 4 months for my Canadian Visa and Work Permit to expire and no sign of my PR application getting through within this period, I did like to know what my options are if I wish to continue working in Canada. I applied for a PR through the PNP process in New Brunswick last year. So I do have a Provincial Nomination Certificate from last year. Could I use this certificate rather than going through the LMO process to get a work permit? I did prefer an open work permit so as to reduce as much dependency on my current employer at this point. Anybody in the same boat as me? Any suggestions?

Thanks
JonMonc
though i went for LMO recently and the reason was because of my province quebec...as per quebec govt nominees from province still need to apply for LMO/CAQ and then for wp.. but if you are selected by other provinces then you can ask the provincial immigration to send you a letter and then your employement letter with which you can get the wp in border...but an open work permit i am not sure how to get that...if your provincial nomination was not given with validated employement then you can apply for open work permit...if your province had validated your employement and given points at the time of your selection then i doubt you can go for open work permit... in my case i had to apply for lmo from employer etc...and once i got everything the rule changed :) now in quebec also provincial nominess can get wp without having lmo..

hth
prasamps

Suhpat

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010 and Feb 2012
Med's Done....
June2012
Passport Req..
June2012
VISA ISSUED...
May2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
manubobby said:
hi suhpat.. ive just checked out the track sheet and seems like medicals received have not been updated.. what is the situation regarding that?? has it been updated on ecas yet?? cheers
Mannu, My status still does not show Medical received.

I had a spell mistake done by Canadian Immigration Officer so I asked them to correct my first name as per passport, I do not know whether that causing a trouble and delay or something else.

As soon as I have some thing I will update you. Thank you.

Best wishes for you and your family.

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
prasamp said:
though i went for LMO recently and the reason was because of my province quebec...as per quebec govt nominees from province still need to apply for LMO/CAQ and then for wp.. but if you are selected by other provinces then you can ask the provincial immigration to send you a letter and then your employement letter with which you can get the wp in border...but an open work permit i am not sure how to get that...if your provincial nomination was not given with validated employement then you can apply for open work permit...if your province had validated your employement and given points at the time of your selection then i doubt you can go for open work permit... in my case i had to apply for lmo from employer etc...and once i got everything the rule changed :) now in quebec also provincial nominess can get wp without having lmo..

hth
prasamps
Thanks prasamps! I just checked... My PNP certificate letter expired in July 2012, so perhaps LMO is the only option. I am not sure if my employer would be willing to go through the entire LMO process all over again :( Well lets hope the PR gets done by then!

JonMonc

tidebreaker

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Those living in Canada, whose VO is Delhi.
How long after you send your passport, did you get status "Decision Made" and Visa sticker?
Is it longer if you stay in Canada?
I live in Canada and Delhi received my passport on Aug 17th.
Just wondering how long is the wait!!
Share your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.

pkrandp

Nov 28, 2010
jonmonc said:
Thanks prasamps! I just checked... My PNP certificate letter expired in July 2012, so perhaps LMO is the only option. I am not sure if my employer would be willing to go through the entire LMO process all over again :( Well lets hope the PR gets done by then!

JonMonc

Hi JonMonc,

My situation is same as yours. My work permit is getting to expire in October 2012. I applied for a new work permit(still in process)
using the AINP nomination which expired on 22 January 2012.

How do you know that you can't apply apply for work permit if AINP nomination expired.
I am not sure if there is anything to do with the expiry date on nomination for applying work permit.
Hoping for the best!

Please provide your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Pkrandp

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jonmonc said:

JonMonc
jomonc... i dont think so expiration of your letter has anything to do here...you can still ask for a new letter stating your previous letter was expired...or if you are planing for a renewal you might not be required to submit the letter at all..that letter is nothing but a proof that you were selected by province so go ahead and get that done before WP expires so that you can hold on to your status here..

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
prasamp said:
jomonc... i dont think so expiration of your letter has anything to do here...you can still ask for a new letter stating your previous letter was expired...or if you are planing for a renewal you might not be required to submit the letter at all..that letter is nothing but a proof that you were selected by province so go ahead and get that done before WP expires so that you can hold on to your status here..
in addition to that...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp#inside

Eligibility to apply from inside Canada

You can only apply for a work permit from inside Canada if:

you have a valid study or work permit, or your spouse or parents have a study or work permit
you have a work permit for one job but want to apply for a work permit for a different job
you have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more or
you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada. You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit.

HOPE THIS HELPS

mysteryocean

Jun 20, 2010
swift current SK Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
no request!!
Nomination.....
01-08-11
AOR Received.
CIO 16-03-12 NDVO 03-04-12
Med's Request
23 July 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
23 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Already in canada
tidebreaker said:
Hi,
Those living in Canada, whose VO is Delhi.
How long after you send your passport, did you get status "Decision Made" and Visa sticker?
Is it longer if you stay in Canada?
I live in Canada and Delhi received my passport on Aug 17th.
Just wondering how long is the wait!!
Share your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
my passport reached there on 11th august, my consultant was supposed to send fees and he sent it on 18th so i think they havent received my RPRF yet. neither my status has shown " medicals received" yet. Does your eCAS shows Medical received? when did u do your medicals?

tidebreaker

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mysteryocean said:
my passport reached there on 11th august, my consultant was supposed to send fees and he sent it on 18th so i think they havent received my RPRF yet. neither my status has shown " medicals received" yet. Does your eCAS shows Medical received? when did u do your medicals?

Did my medicals on Aug 13th and my passport reached on Aug 17th.
No status change!

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
prasamp said:
update from my side...though looks alarming...i am thinking not to worry much for another 2months... got my GCMS notes today...report was taken on 23rd July. As of no checks is initiated...i dont see anything in progress...all status are "NOT Started"

God knows when its going to be started :)

For now the wait continues
prasamp:
per sharuu, following is his statement for another folk regarding GCMS:

"The Group Name should be in the first or the second page, thats where you can find those details. It basically represents if you are within a particular batch. If nothing is there, then your file has yet to be reviewed and your ECAS should be app received at this point. "

I just rechecked my GCMS, there is no group name or group number on the first page. So I guess no VO attached my file yet. How is your group status?

rubyhero

Jan 29, 2012
bains said:
hello everyone

i got my passport stamped with VISA yesterday
really happy n wish all the best to rest of the guys

special thnx to manubobby for creating such a wonderful forum.....
n thnx to all of u for all your help...............

will b flying to CANADA finally................on 12th oct 2012

Thanks
bains
congrats dear.....

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
jonmonc said:
Hi

Thanks
JonMonc
Hi Jonmonc,
I was in the same situation. My work permit expired in May 2012. I requested for a work permit support letter from Ontario Immigration, and applied for a work permit online. I did not need an LMO because the support letter replaces it. You should call NB and asked them what you should do.

rubyhero

Jan 29, 2012
Suhpat said:
Mannu, My status still does not show Medical received.

I had a spell mistake done by Canadian Immigration Officer so I asked them to correct my first name as per passport, I do not know whether that causing a trouble and delay or something else.

As soon as I have some thing I will update you. Thank you.

Best wishes for you and your family.
suhpat don't to worry dear...mine was also not shown medical received ...i jumped directly from in process to decision made.....so be happy

ASJ

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Hi Everyone,

With my MR/PPR i also received CIIP letter & believe all who have received MR/PPR so far would have received it. Has anyone attended this program so far, would this in any way affect our application process?

regards,
ASJ