Jul 31, 2012 MR done / Aug 06, 2012 received at LVO
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2012 / Decision Made: Sep 13,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 24, 2013 - God is great!
ASJ,

Participation in CIIP is entirely voluntary. It will not affect the immigration procedures in any way. Actual participation in a CIIP orientation session is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/index.php/about-ciip/who-is-eligible?lang=en-GB

ASJ said:
Hi Everyone,

With my MR/PPR i also received CIIP letter & believe all who have received MR/PPR so far would have received it. Has anyone attended this program so far, would this in any way affect our application process?

regards,
ASJ

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
pkrandp said:
Hi JonMonc,

My situation is same as yours. My work permit is getting to expire in October 2012. I applied for a new work permit(still in process)
using the AINP nomination which expired on 22 January 2012.

How do you know that you can't apply apply for work permit if AINP nomination expired.
I am not sure if there is anything to do with the expiry date on nomination for applying work permit.
Hoping for the best!

Please provide your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Pkrandp
I thought the same before. But after seeing the expiration date I thought otherwise. But others have done it so I am hoping I will be able to do it as well. I will keep you updated on how it goes. Let me know as well. Thanks

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
dee001 said:
Hi Jonmonc,
I was in the same situation. My work permit expired in May 2012. I requested for a work permit support letter from Ontario Immigration, and applied for a work permit online. I did not need an LMO because the support letter replaces it. You should call NB and asked them what you should do.
Thanks! Did you get an open work permit or one listing your employer? Also can u give a little background... did u go in with an open work permit etc? Let me know.

JonMonc

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
dee001 said:
Hi Jonmonc,
I was in the same situation. My work permit expired in May 2012. I requested for a work permit support letter from Ontario Immigration, and applied for a work permit online. I did not need an LMO because the support letter replaces it. You should call NB and asked them what you should do.
New processing timeline just posted at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp

CEC: 14 months
Detroit: 16
LA:16
NY:17
Seattle:18
India: 10
Hong kong:34

If Hong Konk takes much more time to process own applications, how can they have resources to help India VO? ......? ???

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
bkd1969 said:
prasamp:
per sharuu, following is his statement for another folk regarding GCMS:

"The Group Name should be in the first or the second page, thats where you can find those details. It basically represents if you are within a particular batch. If nothing is there, then your file has yet to be reviewed and your ECAS should be app received at this point. "

I just rechecked my GCMS, there is no group name or group number on the first page. So I guess no VO attached my file yet. How is your group status?
hi bkd1969.. thanks for the info...but as told before no Visa officer yet...all looks blank :) so back to the process of waiting...just that after 8months to see nothing happening on the file is little frustrating...but guess will get through soon...hoping for the best

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
prasamp said:
hi bkd1969.. thanks for the info...but as told before no Visa officer yet...all looks blank :) so back to the process of waiting...just that after 8months to see nothing happening on the file is little frustrating...but guess will get through soon...hoping for the best
Like your attitude.

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
jonmonc said:
Thanks! Did you get an open work permit or one listing your employer? Also can u give a little background... did u go in with an open work permit etc? Let me know.

JonMonc
I had a postgraduate (open) work permit previously. When it expired, I applied for a new work permit with the nomination certificate, support letter, job offer letter and medicals receipt, then I was given a closed work permit. I got another job, so I tried to change the name of the employer on the work permit, but they gave me an open one.

Suhpat

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010 and Feb 2012
Med's Done....
June2012
Passport Req..
June2012
VISA ISSUED...
May2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
rubyhero said:
suhpat don't to worry dear...mine was also not shown medical received ...i jumped directly from in process to decision made.....so be happy
Thanks, Ruby hero. This is quite relief.

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
dee001 said:
I had a postgraduate (open) work permit previously. When it expired, I applied for a new work permit with the nomination certificate, support letter, job offer letter and medicals receipt, then I was given a closed work permit. I got another job, so I tried to change the name of the employer on the work permit, but they gave me an open one.
Interesting! I am thinking about the same issue... can I change jobs within New Brunswick when my PR through NBPNP with employer support is in process? Thanks for the info.

JonMonc

litous

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Hello Bajii Kang,

Do you have a travel history too? I was looking at tracksheet and was wondering whats causing the delay to some applications and some are quick.

billooocheung

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2012
AOR Received.
24-04-2012
Med's Request
24-04-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
Hark12 said:
I got my passport on Aug 17 with visa. Visa was issued by Hong Kong. Very exciting.........
congrats!!!

billooocheung

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2012
AOR Received.
24-04-2012
Med's Request
24-04-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
Does anybody get any update from Ottawa? three months after medicals ...this waiting is terrible ...

B

bajji kang

litous said:
Hello Bajii Kang,

Do you have a travel history too? I was looking at tracksheet and was wondering whats causing the delay to some applications and some are quick.
no dear..i dnt have traveling history...its jst have bad luck that process has not been so smoooth....prsently wht cause the delay is...i have chaged my name before applying for the passposrt as most of the ccoutries object on having only 'singh and kaur' with real name...so i have addedd surname for any inconvenience...but now cic came up with another issue of showing pcc of my old name...lolzzz...and it wasnt easy task as per the procedure pcc is issued against passport as main evidence...so i had to run from pillar to post to get my pcc with old name(without surname) now i have sent it to cic...lets c....wht futures holds for me....earlier....they sent me e mail to submit additonal documents...before medicals...i also got nomination after almost 6 months....so the its not been so easy on me..every time there is hurdel and m tired of it,,,,m just hoping,wishing,praying to go threw it with positive outcome....and i guess i will b the happiest person to get magic stcikr after all this mess....HOPEEEEEEE....pray thr same for my fellow members....and offcourse MANNU....