+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP extend work permit

sandeep350989

Dec 17, 2013
Hi

My work permit expired on Dec14th and I have sent paper application by post to extend my workpermit on same day.I am PNP nominee,,,,but as I posted the application it was received by CIC on Dec17th,,,Do I have to restore my status as well as CIC got the application after my expiry or is it fine just to extend the permit,,,In my paper application I did not select restoring status thinking tht I am applying for extension the same day irrespective of when CIC actually received it,,,,,Please let me know whether restoration is required

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per the requirement, they should have received your app on the day your work permit has expired. But i don't think it's a big issue as you have sent your app by mail, and it will rreviewed by officer atleast after a month.

I think you will be ok. Just a suggestion, you can check current processing time by paper application on CIC website, when you reach near that time, dial cic call center, and try to check your application by automated service. (you will need UCI and DOB). It may help you to plan accordingly incase they reject it.

Hope this helps !!

sandeep350989

Dec 17, 2013
Thanks for your reply

Is it possible to send them restoration application now by paying $200 restoration fee.usually it has to be sent with paper application,,,but can I send it separately now so that application will be fine?

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
Hello,
I have some concerns in regards to my situation.
I am a bc pnp nominee and my federal file (NON EXPRESS ENTRY) has been submitted and i have been already been asked to submit landing fees. My work permit expired on sep. 2017 and i applied one month ahead of expiration however it got rejected as i missed paying $100.00 fees.
I got migration consultant to ile restoration application where he made me pay $200.00 (restoration application)+ $155.00 (work permit application) +$100.00 ((open work permit fees)
My work permit before was open work permit and had no restrictions on my permit or nomination certificate.

Do u think my lawyer has done right thing as lately i am hearing about this compliance fees. Kindly help any type of suggestions/input are helpful as very stressed right now and dont know what to do

Oct 5, 2017
Hello,
I have some concerns in regards to my situation.
I am a bc pnp nominee and my federal file (NON EXPRESS ENTRY) has been submitted and i have been already been asked to submit landing fees. My work permit expired on sep. 2017 and i applied one month ahead of expiration however it got rejected as i missed paying $100.00 fees.
I got migration consultant to ile restoration application where he made me pay $200.00 (restoration application)+ $155.00 (work permit application) +$100.00 ((open work permit fees)
My work permit before was open work permit and had no restrictions on my permit or nomination certificate.

Do u think my lawyer has done right thing as lately i am hearing about this compliance fees. Kindly help any type of suggestions/input are helpful as very stressed right now and dont know what to do

Hello he did the wrong think my friend same thing happen to me on aug 04,2017 they refused my extension due to $100 and I did open work permit on restoration so they refuse it on oct 25,2017. So today I m going back home. Even though I had federal file number they still refuse my file saying that in restoration it has to close work permit. Your best option is withdraw the work permit file and find close work permit. I hope this will help you. All the best.

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
Hello he did the wrong think my friend same thing happen to me on aug 04,2017 they refused my extension due to $100 and I did open work permit on restoration so they refuse it on oct 25,2017. So today I m going back home. Even though I had federal file number they still refuse my file saying that in restoration it has to close work permit. Your best option is withdraw the work permit file and find close work permit. I hope this will help you. All the best.
Thankyou so much for your reply, so what will happen to your pr file in process now. I am really sorry about what happened.

Oct 5, 2017
Thankyou so much for your reply, so what will happen to your pr file in process now. I am really sorry about what happened.
As per my talk with cic they told pnp is international program file will be still on even i go back not sure it will be approve or not. only bc pnp officer will let you know. my alberta pnp officer is no vacation uptill 11 nov. if i get any answer from him i will let you know my friend.
but try to find close work permit option you will be fine.

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
So you have to start over , wouldn't they continue from the ongoing process. I called cic and the agent yesterday told me that she left message on my application that i want to withdraw however my consultant who is away till next week still says its in process.

It just sucks , i paid him fees too and i expected him to do right job but i just dnt knw what to do now as i do not have access to application.
I am going to contact cic on monday. do u think there is any number where i can call them,

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
Actually any email where i could write them emai requesting to withdraw my application, My fioncee is canadian resident do you think he can be of any help in this regard if we plan to get court marriage ?