+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP EE & CEC double applicants thread

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
129
31
I've seen some posts where some people have waited for a long time on your PNP EE application without hearing back from IRCC but have applied again recently with CEC and got CoPR. Can you share what your experience was like?
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
75,989
13,021
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've seen some posts where some people have waited for a long time on your PNP EE application without hearing back from IRCC but have applied again recently with CEC and got CoPR. Can you share what your experience was like?
I don't think that's correct. You can't have two EE applications at the same time.

I think these are situations where people have applied under paper-based PNP streams (i.e. non-EE) and then also under CEC.
 

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
129
31
I know it's not permitted but I'm hearing that some people have done this already, like https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-pnp-applicants-no-movement-in-application.712415/page-57#post-9445136
Don't know the exact circumstances, but this as well https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-pnp-applicants-no-movement-in-application.712415/page-57#post-9445049

I've been waiting 15 months and still stuck at security not started. I feel like there's nothing to lose from trying.
 

Princes2020

Hero Member
Jan 1, 2020
345
170
With the discriminatory treatment of inland pnp applications as against CEC applications, many applicants are considering filing another application under CEC. I am also thinking the same and will explain in LOE why I have two EE applications. My pnp is employer driven, if I lose job,fired, company closed, what I would do? I won’t have the CEC options open forever as CEC points may go up again anytime. In that case I will need to go through another round of pnp?
 

lostinquebec

Hero Member
Feb 8, 2019
315
87
I know it's not permitted but I'm hearing that some people have done this already, like https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-pnp-applicants-no-movement-in-application.712415/page-57#post-9445136
Don't know the exact circumstances, but this as well https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-pnp-applicants-no-movement-in-application.712415/page-57#post-9445049

I've been waiting 15 months and still stuck at security not started. I feel like there's nothing to lose from trying.
It may have been a non-EE PNP program, or they withdraw their previous application before/after applying under CEC.
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
75,989
13,021
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
With the discriminatory treatment of inland pnp applications as against CEC applications, many applicants are considering filing another application under CEC. I am also thinking the same and will explain in LOE why I have two EE applications. My pnp is employer driven, if I lose job,fired, company closed, what I would do? I won’t have the CEC options open forever as CEC points may go up again anytime. In that case I will need to go through another round of pnp?
It's a policy that you can't have to EE applications. IMO an LOE will not be accepted.

I think you need to make the hard decision of either withdrawing PNP and hoping to be selected under CEC - or continuing with PNP only.
 

Princes2020

Hero Member
Jan 1, 2020
345
170
It's a policy that you can't have to EE applications. IMO an LOE will not be accepted.

I think you need to make the hard decision of either withdrawing PNP and hoping to be selected under CEC - or continuing with PNP only.
If it’s going to be hard anyways then maybe I would let it go the harder way through court. I will fill CEC while pnp will remain under process. I will let IRCC reject/refuse either of the applications(or maybe both). Then I will see my legal options.
 

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
130
63
Guys,
I have been through the Immigration Act and found the following relevant portion under section 10. It's legal language and I am hoping if someone has an idea what's these 2 sections are actually saying.

The question is if an applicant already has one application under process, can he create another profile, receive ITA and file another application?

New expression of interest
(5) A foreign national who has submitted an expression of interest may not submit another one before the expiry of the period referred to in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(f).

Instructions
  • 10.3 (1) The Minister may give instructions governing any matter relating to the application of this Division, including instructions respecting
    • (f) the period during which a foreign national remains eligible to be invited to make an application;