+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - do you have to reside in Province of Nomination?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
See my signature

Shining Star

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2016
Doc's Request.
01/06/2016 and 07/06/2016
Nomination.....
09/12/2015
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09/01/2016
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
« Reply #667 on: June 18, 2016, 04:03:00 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi all,

I have a scheduled holiday trip to the US in July and now that I have also received a PPR and submitted my passport for visa, I plan to make an entry into Canada during this trip. I this regard, I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the following questions or share their own experience:

1. I plan to travel by road and cross the border through Buffalo.
(i) Can I rent a car in USA and take it to Canada and return it on my way back to US?
(ii) If yes, will I be able to do it on my UAE license (it's already in English and I have used it before to drive across in US)
2. Do I need to share the entire plan, especially that I will be there for just a few days and will be visiting the province that has nominated me (Saskatchewan), for a few days, with the border authorities in Canada?
2. In terms of Proof of Funds, I'll have to take a combination of cash and draft along with me to the US for further presentation in Canada. However, since I plan to make a quick trip to Canada, I will also have to bring the same amount back. But the issue is that if you visit USA while carrying money over USD 10,000, you have to declare it. As such declaration is not an issue but I will have to declare it 4 times, i.e. first while entering into USA, second time while exiting USA for Canada, third time while reentering USA and the fourth time when leaving USA after I finish my holiday trip.
3. I plan to reach Toronto first but then also visit SK for a few days and follow the "first things to do" list while I am there. Is there anything special that I need to plan or be aware of?
4. As for the PR card, I'm not sure if I'll get it within the few days I will be there for so is there a way to get it delivered to a friend or close relative and then later, they bring it for me?

Thanks in advance!

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Shining Star said:
« Reply #667 on: June 18, 2016, 04:03:00 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi all,

I have a scheduled holiday trip to the US in July and now that I have also received a PPR and submitted my passport for visa, I plan to make an entry into Canada during this trip. I this regard, I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the following questions or share their own experience:

1. I plan to travel by road and cross the border through Buffalo.
(i) Can I rent a car in USA and take it to Canada and return it on my way back to US?
(ii) If yes, will I be able to do it on my UAE license (it's already in English and I have used it before to drive across in US)
2. Do I need to share the entire plan, especially that I will be there for just a few days and will be visiting the province that has nominated me (Saskatchewan), for a few days, with the border authorities in Canada?
2. In terms of Proof of Funds, I'll have to take a combination of cash and draft along with me to the US for further presentation in Canada. However, since I plan to make a quick trip to Canada, I will also have to bring the same amount back. But the issue is that if you visit USA while carrying money over USD 10,000, you have to declare it. As such declaration is not an issue but I will have to declare it 4 times, i.e. first while entering into USA, second time while exiting USA for Canada, third time while reentering USA and the fourth time when leaving USA after I finish my holiday trip.
3. I plan to reach Toronto first but then also visit SK for a few days and follow the "first things to do" list while I am there. Is there anything special that I need to plan or be aware of?
4. As for the PR card, I'm not sure if I'll get it within the few days I will be there for so is there a way to get it delivered to a friend or close relative and then later, they bring it for me?

Thanks in advance!
2) Not really required
2) You better declare the fund 4 times if you need to but get them with you.
3) Other than getting SIN and applying for health card (if you are coming back shortly) there is nothing essential as such at that point of time.
4) You can give address of a friend.

sheraz01

Oct 13, 2014
You can land in any province than that has nominated you. Please read extract of cic document OP 7-B PROVINCIAL NOMINEES. My question is if you land somewhere else how could you justify CBS officer that later you will visit your nominated province after visiting your friend or family?

"cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf"

The nominating province should always be accurately coded and this coding must remain
unchanged throughout the landing process. There have been many cases where provincial
nominees nominated by one province indicate upon landing that they are destined to another
province, and Canada Border Services Agency officers have taken it upon themselves to
change the province of destination on the file. It has been found that in most of these cases,
the new permanent resident is simply visiting friends or family on their way to their new home,
and most do end up reporting to and settling in the province that nominated them.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
sheraz01 said:
You can land in any province than that has nominated you. Please read extract of cic document OP 7-B PROVINCIAL NOMINEES. My question is if you land somewhere else how could you justify CBS officer that later you will visit your nominated province after visiting your friend or family?
Anything that shows your connection to the province. A house bought, a rental agreement, job offer, driver license with address, connecting flight etc

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Probably this has been answered somewhere here amongst all these posts. But can someone please send me a link to the page that used to say we need to stay in new Brunswick for 2 years ? Do they ask us anything at the port of immigration ?