+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pnp concern

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Hello, My friend got his PNP approved last week, he also filed his PR last week, but the sad part is that his work permit expires in Feb 4th, what would he do if his file number dint come before that date? can he apply for open work permit, attest he will have a status and its processing time also takes 3 months even if its gets rejected his File number will come before that? Is that a good idea?
congratulations,
He can try to apply closed permit, make sure get a support letter from MPNP while he applying for work permit.
He can check on BOWP at IRCC , see if he meet the requiremtn to apply.
Yes, it can be an idea that he pretend he does not know the requirement. Apply it as buying more time. Hopefully in processing time, he will get the File Number and attached it to webform for updates on his application.
If he got refused, then reapply with everything on. But he will need to pay the fee again to apply.

Reactions: imsayooj

imsayooj

Nov 5, 2019
Thank you so much! His current employer doesn't accept closed work [permit. I guess there are only a few companies which allows you to work under closed work permit. So he is planning to wait until Feb 1st for his File number. If it doesn't come he is going to apply for open work permit at lest he will have a status as its processing time takes 3 months. Is there any way he can add the file number to the work permit once he got his file number?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Thank you so much! His current employer doesn't accept closed work [permit. I guess there are only a few companies which allows you to work under closed work permit. So he is planning to wait until Feb 1st for his File number. If it doesn't come he is going to apply for open work permit at lest he will have a status as its processing time takes 3 months. Is there any way he can add the file number to the work permit once he got his file number?

it is not the company cannot do it. they just dont want to go thru hustles... he can add as webform at ircc.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
What was the outcome?