+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pnp concern

imsayooj

Nov 5, 2019
hi, I have a question my friend got fired from his job and his pnp is still in process, what is the next step he can do ?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Call PNP , let them know. N find new job that meet their requirements. Cause if PNP call the former boss, he or she will said your friend been fired. Plus you friend is no reporting, could caught in misrepresenting and there maybe penalties, cancel the application or ban from applying in certain years.

imsayooj

Nov 5, 2019
Thank you for your response and We appreciate it. He found a new job and can he update with the new job letter? and what reason he should give the pnp in changing the job. I have heard like the pnp will only be calling the new employer not the old one is that true?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Thank you for your response and We appreciate it. He found a new job and can he update with the new job letter? and what reason he should give the pnp in changing the job. I have heard like the pnp will only be calling the new employer not the old one is that true?

Usually you need approval from PNP to change to other job. They hope the other job is better for you n hopefully on same NOC. Just say he been fire n fortunately got the second job that match the requirement in short time.

Right now in his PNP profile, only old employer information in there. Unless you report with the latest details, so they can call the new boss. It is applicant responsible to update their profile. On moment been fired, he should have report.

imsayooj

Nov 5, 2019
Will they cancel his PNP as he was fired from job and his work permit expires in 3 months that is Feb 2020. what would he do if PNP is cancelled, Can he extend his work permit at any course ?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Will they cancel his PNP as he was fired from job and his work permit expires in 3 months that is Feb 2020. what would he do if PNP is cancelled, Can he extend his work permit at any course ?

this is why, he have to communicate with pnp for any updates. I don't think they will cancel it. I have friend that got paid off from Sears, the officer end up give her time to find new job.

So just be honest and accurate. Good thing is your friend found new job, I hope the new job is same category as before n still meet the requirements.

Inform them asap. Don't delay.

Reactions: imsayooj

imsayooj

Nov 5, 2019
so did your friend again worked for 6 more months in the new company ? or did the PNP officer approved the file after updating ?

imsayooj

Nov 5, 2019
Yeah thats true but he is also concerned about his work permit that expires in 3 months and if they ask them to work 6 more months he will be in trouble

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
so did your friend again worked for 6 more months in the new company ? or did the PNP officer approved the file after updating ?

you cannot justify its approval.

Once you change job, just work on the job for long till everything done.

And again if you change job, you need to ask permission ahead before you do so. Any updates can cause reassessment n take longer time to get your approval. So be careful.

But always keep in mind, any dishonest, inaccurate , misrepresented, can cause you ban from applying.

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Check on Bowp on ircc. But first need nominated approval from pnp.

N probably he won't get enough time to get aor but at least keep all stuff recorded to proof later u submitted or application to ircc.

So deal with pho first. Anything happen they may also issue work support letter to apply for work permit when hhis nomination approved.

Each province works differently.

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Thank you for the info and can we extend the work permit if the Company doesn't support "LMIIA" ?
depends on the current work permit he is holding? if PGWP, he can apply BOWP ( look up online what the requirements needed to apply that). If he is holding a closed work permit, he will need to apply LMIA for extension of closed permit.

LMIA.... the employer need to apply on ircc ( $230). thats why looking for boss or company that willing to help out is important.

imsayooj

Nov 5, 2019
Absolutely, He is holding an open work permit that is pgwp i guess but his current employer doesn't support LMIA and his work permit expires in Feb 4th 2020.