+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP BC Evidence of recruitment efforts question

FMTO

Jun 8, 2019
Hello. Please, I am wondering if my employer will need to provide bona fide evidence of recruitment efforts in my case. I was hired 18 months ago in an entry position working 20 hours a week on student permit. Around 10 months after I was hired, I got promoted to the position I am currently working. After the promotion, I still worked 6 months part-time 20 hours a week while still studying, and switched to full-time after my graduation and application to PGWP, 2 months ago. I am waiting for the decision on my PGWP (I am working on an implied status) and I will start my application to PNP BC shortly. Therefore, I would like to know if the requirement to provide evidence of recruitment would be considered met as the guideline says: "if you have a valid work permit and/or employment authorization and are currently working full-time (at least an average of 30 hours per week, year-round) for the supporting B.C. employer in the occupation identified in the job offer. Thank you.

houzhou1988

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Hi there, I am also working on a PGWP, my employer did not post any job ads neither, I have worked for them for a year, will they consider the "recruitment efforts have been met"? Not sure if your problem has been solved.

Thanks!

FMTO

Jun 8, 2019
Hello. It took me longer to apply to PNP BC. I got invited and just sent my application beginning of October. I'll post the results. However, I was able to ask HR to provide me with the Indeed job posting of my initial hiring, which I submitted just in case because I was not sure as well if it would be considered recruitment efforts met.

houzhou1988

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
fair enough, my employer is currently applying for a positive LMIA for me, maybe I can submit that if I can get that.

Thanks!