+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP and changing province affect citizenship later?

lion21

Mar 4, 2017
I know its a far cry but asking now as I am planning to change province now.

We did our 1st time landing at Toronto (ONIP) in Aug 2018, now its been almost 1.5 years. My spouse has been staying in this province since then. (I am the primary applicant) I had gone back to my home country after soft landing and came back to Ontario in June 2019. Now we are planning to move for job in Alberta.

Note that my spouse hasn't got a job since past 1.5 years was in Ontario. So may be by this move it may open up doors to opportunities in another province.

Is it ok to move out of Ontario, as technically we have spent 1.5 years since 1st landing (though physically i was away from Sep 2018 to Jun 2019)?

Do we have to spend minimum 2 years in Ontario or prove that we tried our best to settle in but couldn't find any good job that's why moved out? Will this affect us later while citizenship application?

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
I know its a far cry but asking now as I am planning to change province now.

We did our 1st time landing at Toronto (ONIP) in Aug 2018, now its been almost 1.5 years. My spouse has been staying in this province since then. (I am the primary applicant) I had gone back to my home country after soft landing and came back to Ontario in June 2019. Now we are planning to move for job in Alberta.

Note that my spouse hasn't got a job since past 1.5 years was in Ontario. So may be by this move it may open up doors to opportunities in another province.

Is it ok to move out of Ontario, as technically we have spent 1.5 years since 1st landing (though physically i was away from Sep 2018 to Jun 2019)?

Do we have to spend minimum 2 years in Ontario or prove that we tried our best to settle in but couldn't find any good job that's why moved out? Will this affect us later while citizenship application?
Citizenship doesnt have any effect of your PNP. PR is Federal issued. PNP is just a nomination. It is nothing to do with you once you become PR.
PNP province may track you just for info to know how effective the PNP program is but nothing else. You can move province anytime after landing.