+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLZZ!! CO OP STUDY WORK PERMIT URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED

Shezzy

Aug 14, 2014
Hi All,
Hope you are doing well. I am currently in masters studies at U of C. I am not enrolled in a co op program but I applied in one company and got co op offer. I got letter from my supervisor indicating that co op is very important for me. Can I get co op study permit if I apply for it now? Please help me and guide me. Also, if you know someone who has gone through this same case do let me know.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Shezzy said:
Hi All,
Hope you are doing well. I am currently in masters studies at U of C. I am not enrolled in a co op program but I applied in one company and got co op offer. I got letter from my supervisor indicating that co op is very important for me. Can I get co op study permit if I apply for it now? Please help me and guide me. Also, if you know someone who has gone through this same case do let me know.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards

You will need a letter from school, stating that Co-op is a part of your program. What supervisor says doesn't matter.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Its good news from one end, that you got a letter and co-op job offer, but on the other hand, I think CIC will give you hard time issuing CO-Op work permit.
I did my Co-Op, but I was formally enrolled in Master co-op program and paid university fees. And then my university Co-OP administrator wrote a letter which said " CO-Op is integral part of my studies" and I must need to pass co-op term in order to get my final degree.

In your case, if your university can write you such a letter, then you can apply for co-op work permit. Here are the requirements for co-op

Determine your eligibility
To be eligible for a work permit, you must meet the following requirements:

You must have a valid study permit.
Your intended employment must be an essential part of your program of study in Canada.
Your employment must be part of your academic, vocational or professional training program offered by a designated learning institution, certified by a letter from a responsible academic official of the institution.

Your co-op or internship employment cannot form more than 50% (percent) of the total program of study.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp

Good luck