12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
Hi folks,

I have been working in Canada for 15 months now and was invited to apply for PR in the last round... I have been working at 1 full-time and 1 part-time job simultaneously. I was trained for the part-time one (it matches my educational background better), but am using the full-time one as my primary NOC to apply. So my question is: should I SUBMIT detailed letter of employment for the part-time job as well? It is a big company so HR only has a standard proof letter for me-- need to spend some time with my direct supervisor if I want a detailed one with my duties on. Any advise on this?

Cheers :D

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thank you for the information! However, I am not using this part-time job for any point since I am doing a full-time job at the same time. For some reason the IRCC still ask me to provide same documents for both jobs I currently have...
So if you're not taking points for this job, you don't have to give anything is details, this would go in the other docs.

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
So if you're not taking points for this job, you don't have to give anything is details, this would go in the other docs.
Emmm... Maybe instead of listing it in my working history, I should move it to my "personal history", as my other jobs I did while I was studying full-time? Or I should just go ahead and e-mail my direct supervisor to get a reference letter anyway...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi folks,

I have been working in Canada for 15 months now and was invited to apply for PR in the last round... I have been working at 1 full-time and 1 part-time job simultaneously. I was trained for the part-time one (it matches my educational background better), but am using the full-time one as my primary NOC to apply. So my question is: should I SUBMIT detailed letter of employment for the part-time job as well? It is a big company so HR only has a standard proof letter for me-- need to spend some time with my direct supervisor if I want a detailed one with my duties on. Any advise on this?

SInce you are doing both jobs simultaneously, the part-time job will not add anything to your score or eligibility. It sounds like you included it in your profile (not necessary) and have already received an ITA. Because you included it in your profile, you have been asked to provide the letter of reference. Is that about right?

You have two choices - if you can, delete the part-time job from your profile, and the request for the letter will go away. Of course you include this job on your background declaration, but you don't need it in your profile.

Alternatively, just submit the letter you have. It will not make any difference one way or the other.

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
SInce you are doing both jobs simultaneously, the part-time job will not add anything to your score or eligibility. It sounds like you included it in your profile (not necessary) and have already received an ITA. Because you included it in your profile, you have been asked to provide the letter of reference. Is that about right?

You have two choices - if you can, delete the part-time job from your profile, and the request for the letter will go away. Of course you include this job on your background declaration, but you don't need it in your profile.

Alternatively, just submit the letter you have. It will not make any difference one way or the other.
I really appreciate your help with this... It looks like I can't delete this in my profile anymore. But the good thing is I am not claiming any points for this. I will go ahead and submit the current letter I have (with starting date, wage, title but without detailed duties). I'll focus on my full-time one since I need that as my primary NOC to apply for PR. Finger crossed :D