+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plz let me know if Academic Qualification do matter for spouse visa?

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
Academic Qualification do matter for spouse visa?

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
Rocky636 said:
Academic Qualification do matter for spouse visa?
Academic qualification is not required for federal spousal sponsorship, however sometimes it is used to determine the truthfulness of the marriage. It is highly unlikely that someone with a doctorate degree will marry someone who has not even completed high school.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter, no.

Helios, are you sure of this? Is it in the OP manual, or is it personal opinion?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
They always compare the spouses - their religion, culture, education, age etc. They take all of that into account when deciding how likely you are to be a genuine couple. The more two people have in common, the less curious they get. As helios said, if a man with a PhD marries a woman who barely finished elementary school and then she sponsors him to Canada, CIC will wonder - why would a well educated man fall for someone like her?

The difference in education levels isn't enough for CIC to decide it's a fake marriage. But if there are other concerning factors (like maybe an age difference, not a lot of evidence,...), then it does contribute to their concerns.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitamata said:
As helios said, if a man with a PhD marries a woman who barely finished elementary school and then she sponsors him to Canada, CIC will wonder - why would a well educated man fall for someone like her?
This sounds reasonable, but is it based on actual fact on how immigration operates, or is it your own personal opinion on what makes sense and how you think they operate? I.e., is there any source whatsoever for this?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
No, there are no specific instructions like that. The closest is this from OP 2:

Officers must form an opinion based on factors which, taken together, could lead a reasonably
prudent person to conclude that a relationship was not genuine and was entered into for
immigration purposes. It is important for officers to examine the particular circumstances of a
relationship and to assess it in the context of the cultural norms of the country.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I have Master's degree, my husband has just school education and it didn't create any problems to our case at all.

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
Thanks guys thanks for the clear my confusion you all r the best :)

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
Suin said:
I have Master's degree, my husband has just school education and it didn't create any problems to our case at all.
The same for us. Husband (sponsor) has a Doctor's degree and I only a High School diploma. It was not a problem to our case at all.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing, Suin and Miryam.

I think we can all learn a lesson: we have to be very careful to judge the difference between advice based on how immigration actually operates, and advice that people give based on their personal opinions, which may or may not be shared by immigration...

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I was just looking for a post about conjugal relationships on another forum when I came across this one:

hi everyone,,,i havent been here for a while because at times i couldnt get in and ive been busy with my hubands file,,,ive read some stories here and i know how it feels friends when your husband or wife gets refused,my husband got refused from the embassy in damascus because they think our mariage was fake,,,wanna laugh guys,,he s a doctor in the uk,,,has good jobs and has a good life,,and they think he s using me to get into canada,,,WHAT A LAME AND STUPID EXCUSE.him living here ,,he will mkae less money,,,and even have to go back to school to pass exams..to get the canadian lisence,,,how many docs dream of working in the uk,,,and he wanted to give all that up for me,,because he knows my family is all here ,,,anyways i sympithise with you all,,,they are all a bunch of meatheads,,im moving to the uk to be with my husband but i swear ill win this fight with them...the only advice i can say is be strong,,,call your mp ,,AND MAKE NOISE DAM,,,dont let them intemidate you,,,because if you do they know they have all the power,,show them you know your dam rights,,,me there before i leave for the uk...im sending a nice fax at the embassy in damascus,,and tell them to stick their dam visa you know where,,,and demand that its a human being that gives my husand a visa ,,not a ****face like the officer he dealt with,,,she refused with excuses that are illegal,,because im catholic and he s muslum,,,nd because ****face doesnt understand why a doctor would marry a girl that doesnthave his education...im sorry to talk with big words and like really insulting her but i dont care,,she insulted me,,,i insult her,,i was born in canada,,,work here,,vote here,,they take off 200 bucks every two weeks on my pay for taxes that go to pay that **** faces salary,,,i work very hard as a cook,,while she sits on her butt and makes silly accusations,,anyways please all have faith and ill be praying for all of you

from mary (ps) i hope i wont get kicked out of here for the swearing
Sorry about the language and tone, but you can see there that the difference in education did play a factor. I seriously doubt it was a main factor, but looks like it was a contributing factor nevertheless.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The poster seems rather incoherent and upset, so it's hard to know whether the information is accurate or not. Either way, I do not believe this is official policy, and if it truly was a factor it was most likely the officer's personal discretion rather than anything official.

mitamata said:
I was just looking for a post about conjugal relationships on another forum when I came across this one:

Sorry about the language and tone, but you can see there that the difference in education did play a factor. I seriously doubt it was a main factor, but looks like it was a contributing factor nevertheless.

naveen636

Mar 17, 2009
Hi Again,
actually my wife is graduate and i am high school pass out + one year diploma in computers + 8 years work experience and working for national based company from last 8 years.

If look from my side guys me and my wife never think about this all crappy system that they made so many things make marriage fake and stop husband wife live together ......... i mean if u don't have idea about this immigration system and u r in love and after long term relation finally got married to ur lover simply......... so where is ur fault? i am right or wrong? it's just my personal thought which one i want to share with u all so at least u can understand that what king of Q. i am asking to my self... :(

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
Karlshammar said:
It doesn't matter, no.

Helios, are you sure of this? Is it in the OP manual, or is it personal opinion?
Like I said it academic qualification doesn't matter for spousal sponsorship. However since each IO uses personal discretion on the truthfulness of the marriage. Some of them will raise the issue. The point is, if it is a genuine marriage, you will get through eventually.