+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plz help !! sponser and marry without paretns approval !

x-zenon

Jan 2, 2010
hello every one ... and thanks in advance for any help ...
this is our situation ... its a bit confusing but i just need to know our chances
i advice you to get a cup of tea first lol haha it will take some time okay lets start :

1- i am egyption man marrying to canadian girl she is coming on march and we intend to marry once she come

2- we realhy have problems with parents at both sides ... due to religion diffrance .... and both parents are strict ..

3- she will stay with me in egypt for like 3 monthes

questions :

1- in the forms they ask about parents do they know about the marriage and did they attend the propose .. what if they dont know ? will this cause our application to be refused ? and what if they know but dont accept and will not attned the propose...

2- she is out of canada for a tourism tour she will be out for like 6 monthes 3 of them will be in egypt so i was thinking about investing this time at the application ... can she sponser me from outside canada ? with consideration that her mailing adress will be in egypt and she quiet her job for her trip or we better wait tell she go back and find a job ?

3- if her as a sponser was refused can we apply again ??

thats it up till far ! i have more questions but i think its enough for now really any any piece of advise will be more than usefull .. thanks in advance

luis_riquelme

Jan 2, 2010
my situation was kind of the same i left my country canada, because my family made my life hell, my parents which are much older they had me when they were older, they came, but my sisters non of them came.

U have to be honest explain the situation, the rest is proof of your relationship, if its GENUINE i really hate that word, they always use that , tell your story i the simplest way possbile dont write a book ....lol....just tell them your situation.

x-zenon

Jan 2, 2010
thx for your reply as i am completely newbie in this process can u kindly direct me ? wich form will that be included with ? do u mean to write a sheet of paper with our situation and our future plans ?? u know dude ? we even have names for our future sons .. and this is my e-mail .. for any one to send e-mails or chat

vodo_virus@hotmail.com

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, I will try to help as much as I know, and don't be made if I am a little severe, I spent like 6 month multiply by 12 hours daily on this forum, so I read a lot, and have SOME knowledge how immigration think.
1-you planning to marry her in Egypt, I presume you are Muslim and she is Christian, you have to watch out for what kind of marriage you will have, because immigration look closely to the kind of marriage, if it recognized in the country where it took place and the religion of the applicant and the sponsor as well.
2-They look closely to the acceptance of the parent for the marriage, to see if your marriage is known for the public, or it is just for immigration purpose.
3-as part of being the Sponsor, she is supposed to have a job and an address in Canada.
4-If she is refused as sponsor, that means she didn't met the requirement to sponsor, before re-applying (if possible in this case, not sure) she has to improve whatever she was refused for as sponsor.
5-About the parent, I guess lot of people face this problem, maybe a good explanation for why they are refusing, and how you both are sure that you are doing the right decision, and that later on you both sure that they will give you (both sides) their blessing, accompanied with proof, pictures of the wedding and who attended the wedding, not only you and her and the witness, emails, phone calls, chat, msn, card...any proof that you can put your hand on.
It won't be easy, but it isn't impossible, where there is a will, there is a way.
Good luck

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. It is not an automatic refusal. If they do now know about the marriage, you have a to provide a good explanation for it.
2. If she is a Canadian citizen she may sponsor you from abroad, but she has to prove that she intends to return to Canada.
3. You can apply again, but unless something material has changed they will just refuse you again and you will keep spending your money.

Regarding rorita_76's points:

1. No, they will not discriminate based on religion. They will, however, demand that the wedding is legal in the country where it took place.
2. It is one factor, but that by itself will not cause either denial or acceptance.
3. No, this is incorrect. PRs have to be in Canada, but Canadian citizens only have to prove that they will return to Canada. There is no need at all to have a job. The sponsor just has to not be on welfare or in bankruptcy.
4. This is correct.
5. Yes, a good explanation is key. :)

munanicole

Oct 30, 2009
@ rorita_76:

Please, did you say one has to have a job to sponsor a spouse?
If yes, pls do U have a CIC link that states this?

Thnx!

EDIT: It seems Karlshammar already answered my ?.
Gosh! I freaked out cos I plan to be the sponsor but Im nt currently employed.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey, I am talking based on my personal experience.my husband is canadian citizen since 1993, he left Canada in 1998 and went to the US for a better job. The embassy before approve me, asked us for proof of relocating in Canada, she asked for a house and a job for my husband in Canada, From this I assumed that the sponsor is suppose to have a job in Canada, not sure, but I guess it is logic , by having a job and a house or place to stay, you will show for the CIC that after your spouse/husband get his PR , you both will live in canada

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thanks Karlshammar for correcting my info..:)) even if we feel that we know a lot about this procedure, there is always info that we don't know, or worth...understand it in a wrong way...:))

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rorita,

If the sponsor is outside of Canada you have to prove intent to relocate Canada, which can be in the form of a job, a house, admissions to a school or something along those lines. However, the job itself is not a requirement for sponsorship.

If the sponsor is inside Canada there is no need to prove their intent to return to Canada, of course, and they won't ask for that stuff. The only requirement then is to not be on welfare and not be in bankruptcy.

So to simplify, sponsoring a spouse has two requirements:

1. The sponsor must not be on welfare.
2. The sponsor must not be in bankruptcy.

If the sponsor is abroad, two more requirements appear:

3. The sponsor must be a citizen (PRs may only sponsor if they are inside Canada).
4. The sponsor must prove intent to return to Canada, which can take many forms.