+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plz. advise asap

habo

Jan 15, 2013
hi there,

i have been checking here for a while n found my case different,,,so thought to share and please help :

i applied on august 17,2012
recieved a letter and checked status online : saying we sent u the letter of ack. on aug. 17,2012

in process : on dec. 22

every single one says they start processing few months ( up to 11 months ) after the ack. letter date ,,,so why mine is 4 months after ???!!!!

dont get me wrong i m not sad :)))) but i hope its ok n that doesnt mean that there is something wrong with my app. ,,,any comment ???

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
habo said:
so why mine is 4 months after ???!!!!
Do not worry! Your case went into process within a short amount of time, but you will probably have to wait a long time for the test! Mine went into process less than 5 months after we mailed it. It has been in process for 1 year and I still have not received test invitation yet.

habo

Jan 15, 2013
do the people who get RQ ,,,Their status says in process as normal procedure then they either get the RQ or not ?

Cool-Man

Jan 8, 2012
Your timeline is same as mine, and even mine is faster...
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2012.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 16, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.
We sent you a letter on October 25, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (as my citizenship photos were not signed)
After sending the missing requirments, I got RQ on 17/12/2012 :(

habo

Jan 15, 2013
thanks for the replies.

cool-man : May I ask What was your problem to get the RQ ? how long they gave you for the RQ to finish and send it to them? i didnt get that written under ma status online :

We started processing your application on Dec., 2012.
We sent you a letter on Dec., 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Cool-Man

Jan 8, 2012
Nothing wrong at all with my application as I have completed 1117 days before applying for the citizenship. As I understood from other forums that CIC started sending RQ to most of applicants with and without reason. They have given me 45days as per their notice to reply back from the day of issuance the notice. I recieved my RQ on 27/12/2012 and the date of notice was 17/12/2012.

habo

Jan 15, 2013
ohh ok ,,,good luck cool-man.

quick questions :

1- status: in process does it mean that it has been transferred to the local office ? how can i know my local office?
2-what RQ is ? what documents they ask for?

thanks alot for your help.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
habo said:
ohh ok ,,,good luck cool-man.

quick questions :

1- status: in process does it mean that it has been transferred to the local office ? how can i know my local office?
2-what RQ is ? what documents they ask for?

thanks alot for your help.
1. Possibly. Where you live in Canada determines your local office.

2. Issued if CIC have concerns about your residency in Canada and/or for Quality Assurance reasons.

Risk factors

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-requirements-checklist-reasons-for-a-residence-questionnaire-t131555.0.html

Form format and docs required

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-does-residency-questionnaire-look-like-t130364.0.html

habo

Jan 15, 2013
hi Msafiri,,

Thanks for your reply,,,, really appreicate it,,just saw it today :)
i need to ask you a question :

Do u think its a good idea to prepare the TRAVEL record and the health record papers from now just in case i get a RQ in the future i have them ready ??

where i can i get both and how can i apply for both : Travel record and Health record documents ?

Again thank you so much for being very helpful.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@habo

Is this shows on your status
We started processing your application on Dec., 2012.
We sent you a letter on Dec., 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

If so please call Cic right away because this means they either asked for more information or issued you a Residence Questionnaire(45 days is the submission deadline) please check and let us know.

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
I got RQ in Sept. 2012 and send all docs required and I dont have this extra line on my status

It is still say, "We started processing your application ....blablalba" no mention about RQ though I got one 6 months ago

I agree with Mary Chad you should call CIC, why do they write that ?