+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls explain me the reason for my application rejection

Niru424

Jan 30, 2018
Dear all,
I am writing from India, I have applied for Doctoral program in water science (4years) in INRS Quebec, got university acceptance letter. I applied my visa (Dec 20th 2017). I have submitted all my check list documents. My application rejected (29th Jan).
I have above 60% from 10th to M.tech (chemical engineering), I have worked in HINDUSTAN petroleum R&D for 4.5 years.
Reason: "Other reasons" it says, given your academic performance, your language ability in specific bands and considering your proposed course of study, travel history, ties to your home country.
As am going to doctoral program, ILETs not required it seems, becoz my frnds got visa. And my entry in Jan so it's late also but university ppl ready to review me. What may be the reason kindly help me friends. I have very less time too.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
The reasons are right there in the refusal letter and in your post. Let me put them in items to be clearer for you:
  1. your academic performance, (60% is not that high)
  2. your language ability,
  3. your proposed course of study, (you are applying to study water sciences while your education and work experience are not that relevant)
  4. travel history, (you probably don't have travel history to countries that requires visas such as US, Europe, etc.)
  5. ties to your home country. (you probably didn't show enough evidence that you have ties to your country such that you will leave Canada after your studies.)
Good Luck!

Reactions: dreamy2536

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
Dear all,
I am writing from India, I have applied for Doctoral program in water science (4years) in INRS Quebec, got university acceptance letter. I applied my visa (Dec 20th 2017). I have submitted all my check list documents. My application rejected (29th Jan).
I have above 60% from 10th to M.tech (chemical engineering), I have worked in HINDUSTAN petroleum R&D for 4.5 years.
Reason: "Other reasons" it says, given your academic performance, your language ability in specific bands and considering your proposed course of study, travel history, ties to your home country.
As am going to doctoral program, ILETs not required it seems, becoz my frnds got visa. And my entry in Jan so it's late also but university ppl ready to review me. What may be the reason kindly help me friends. I have very less time too.
I think u haven't given ielts and may got a waiver from uni
See repeat ielts and then re-apply. I can help u in writing Re-application
For further u can mail me at
prajwalsharma@hotmail.com
Dont worry

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
Now your application is closed so if u submit sth new in application your visa chances get high. See your friends got visa they were lucky but u have go with ielts now . I would strongly recommend u.
Cos 60% is average academic score and to cover that atleast 6.5 bands are needed.

Niru424

Jan 30, 2018
In my knowledge it's must document. Or else of u submitted any docs saying your scholarship student means is bit okay. But not sure.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
In my knowledge it's must document. Or else of u submitted any docs saying your scholarship student means is bit okay. But not sure.
Did your friend also have around 60% or higher than that?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
To make it clear, I have 78%in Engineering, and 83%in masters. My friend he is having around 70%both engineering and master's.
All looks good but the officer is just following the checklist. You can either go for IELTS or get a letter from the uni that your IELTS has been waived. For funds, pay stubs, tax assessment, employment letter which would have your salary on it, bank statement for the last 4-6 months, FD statement - you can collect from bank, any other assests. Now the biggest question is, are you married or single. If single then ok.

If married, what fund arrangement for your spouse/children. Is the spouse working. if your employment ends, who takes care of their expenses.