+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience about Criminal Rehabilitation application in 2017

Damsel001

Sep 30, 2019
Hello everyone. I am glad to be here and very hopeful of getting an answer. I am currently awaiting my ECA report to get ITA, however, my husband is criminally inadmissible, but would be eligible for a CR by January 2020. He won't be going with my son and I and intend to start the CR by Jan. I Love him and don't want a divorce, but I am scared this might affect my PR application as a medical and police clearance is required of him even though he is not accompanying us.
My Questions:
1. If I accept ITA (hopefully by mid October) should I wait for him to start CR first so I can include the number?
2. Will CIC wait for his CR to be approved before starting my PR application, even thought I am the PA?
3. What other options do I have to prevent my application from being overly delayed or rejected?
I would really appreciate a response in this matter. Thanks in advance.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
So I just received all my documents back. I now have it in writing that I do not need Criminal Rehabilitation. And I never needed a TRP. I hired a lawyer who told me I had to do both of them so I am really disappointed about all the money I spent.

(I had a speeding (reckless driving) ticket from 2012, which is a misdemeanor in the US).

Does anyone know whether I can get my money back? I paid a lot of money for a service I never needed and the lawyer gave false advice.

SinghHarry

Jan 29, 2019
Hello everyone. I am glad to be here and very hopeful of getting an answer. I am currently awaiting my ECA report to get ITA, however, my husband is criminally inadmissible, but would be eligible for a CR by January 2020. He won't be going with my son and I and intend to start the CR by Jan. I Love him and don't want a divorce, but I am scared this might affect my PR application as a medical and police clearance is required of him even though he is not accompanying us.
My Questions:
1. If I accept ITA (hopefully by mid October) should I wait for him to start CR first so I can include the number?
2. Will CIC wait for his CR to be approved before starting my PR application, even thought I am the PA?
3. What other options do I have to prevent my application from being overly delayed or rejected?
I would really appreciate a response in this matter. Thanks in advance.
Ur CR process may start at the same time of your post ITA submission. It is beneficial if you start the CR process before ITA so that you can enter the information in your PR application. Both the applications will be processed concurrently, but your PR will not be approved until ur CR is approved. If CR is approved, it is highly unlikely that ur PR application will be rejected on the basis of CR alone.

carissa2019

Oct 2, 2019
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my experience applying for CR. I was convicted of felony theft in Minnesota in 2002. I was on probation until 2014 and my conviction was deemed a misdemeanor in May of 2014. Fast forward to 2019. I have a fiance who lives in St. John, New Brunswick who I have visited many times by flying to St.John. In June, I planned to spend a couple of months during the summer with him to plan our wedding and to visit his family, so we drove my vehicle from Minnesota to Maine where we tried crossing the border. To my absolute surprise, the officers took me aside and after questioning, told me I was inadmissible due to serious criminality based on Canadian law even though it was so long ago and a misdemeanor.
I was devastated. My fiance had to be picked up by his brother and brought back to his home in St. John and I had to turn around and drive home 1800 miles, alone.
In June I filed for an expungement of my case and had my hearing on August 13th. The judge has 90 days to make his decision. This would be the fastest and preferred route and I really hope this goes my way.
In July I hired a Canadian immigration lawyer who helped me with the application process. My fiance's father passed away in early July and the lawyer helped me get a TRP for one week to be able to visit for the memorial in August.
The TRP we applied for asked for multiple visits but they only approved me for one 7-day visit and the agent who reviewed my paperwork in the Toronto airport made it sound like I would not be approved for further TRP's.

I received a confirmation letter dated 8/22/2019 stating my CR application was received on 8/15/2019.

Good luck to everyone going through this process!!!!!!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my experience applying for CR. I was convicted of felony theft in Minnesota in 2002. I was on probation until 2014 and my conviction was deemed a misdemeanor in May of 2014. Fast forward to 2019. I have a fiance who lives in St. John, New Brunswick who I have visited many times by flying to St.John. In June, I planned to spend a couple of months during the summer with him to plan our wedding and to visit his family, so we drove my vehicle from Minnesota to Maine where we tried crossing the border. To my absolute surprise, the officers took me aside and after questioning, told me I was inadmissible due to serious criminality based on Canadian law even though it was so long ago and a misdemeanor.
I was devastated. My fiance had to be picked up by his brother and brought back to his home in St. John and I had to turn around and drive home 1800 miles, alone.
In June I filed for an expungement of my case and had my hearing on August 13th. The judge has 90 days to make his decision. This would be the fastest and preferred route and I really hope this goes my way.
In July I hired a Canadian immigration lawyer who helped me with the application process. My fiance's father passed away in early July and the lawyer helped me get a TRP for one week to be able to visit for the memorial in August.
The TRP we applied for asked for multiple visits but they only approved me for one 7-day visit and the agent who reviewed my paperwork in the Toronto airport made it sound like I would not be approved for further TRP's.

I received a confirmation letter dated 8/22/2019 stating my CR application was received on 8/15/2019.

Good luck to everyone going through this process!!!!!!
All the best to you.

Prex29

Mar 20, 2019
Has anyone heard or went through the C.R process and was approved but your EE file was also sent to the consulate country were your C.R was applied for?

I was infomed of this when I uploaded the C.R approval letter on my online EE profile
I previously sent a post here stating my C.R was approved on Sept 27, however I am yet to hear anything from IRCC, requested my GCMS notes a month prior and haven't received till after 40 days now. Any info on this guys?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Has anyone heard or went through the C.R process and was approved but your EE file was also sent to the consulate country were your C.R was applied for?

I was infomed of this when I uploaded the C.R approval letter on my online EE profile
I previously sent a post here stating my C.R was approved on Sept 27, however I am yet to hear anything from IRCC, requested my GCMS notes a month prior and haven't received till after 40 days now. Any info on this guys?
I've not come across that... they do sometimes sent cases to local VOs with or without CR though.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Anyone recently applied in Sydney Consulate (Australia)? What is the processing time?

Prex29

Mar 20, 2019
Hello all,
Wanted to find out if a profile gets a ghost update when the date the medical was done exceeds a year. I got a ghost update and it coinsides with when I did my medical. Any thoughts?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hello all,
Wanted to find out if a profile gets a ghost update when the date the medical was done exceeds a year. I got a ghost update and it coinsides with when I did my medical. Any thoughts?
Are you in the right thread?

Or did you apply for CR and PR at the same time?

Prex29

Mar 20, 2019
Are you in the right thread?

Or did you apply for CR and PR at the same time?
I applied for PR and CR at the same time. My CR has been approved, however it seems the medicals for three out of four of my family members just expired.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I applied for PR and CR at the same time. My CR has been approved, however it seems the medicals for three out of four of my family members just expired.
Ghost updates are usually when CO updates your file, but the update is not visible to applicant...

How long did your CR took if u mind sharing?