+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience about Criminal Rehabilitation application in 2017

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
No I applied under OINP Paper based.
Great. Good luck. I am in the process of gathering all documents for express entry program. I received an ITA. I mentioned details of my offense and also mentioned my CR application number in PR application. I hope it will suffice them.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Gents,
I applied for both CR & PR 2 weeks ago to Centralized Intake Office Sydney NS.

So far they did not send my application packages back yet hope they process my apps.
What did you explain your criminal rehab situation in PR application? I am briefly explaining how and what for i was arrested and also mentioning my criminal rehab application number? Now i am confused should i hire attorney? I am filing PR under express entry. Any thought?

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
No, it hasn't been approved yet. I'm still waiting. I filed for PR first, and yeah I filed outland for USA, but I'm actually in Canada. They didn't ask for the criminal rehab until ~6 or 7 months after I filed for PR. Haven't heard anything since then. I actually emailed them recently to make sure everything was alright and just got a generic response, but yeah, that's where that's at.
Did you hire attorney for your PR application or you are doing your application yourself? I did hire attorney for CR application but not sure if i should i hire attorney for PR application as well.

APD

Jun 28, 2017
Torontro
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
What did you explain your criminal rehab situation in PR application? I am briefly explaining how and what for i was arrested and also mentioning my criminal rehab application number? Now i am confused should i hire attorney? I am filing PR under express entry. Any thought?
I didn't actually explain anything because I applied both applications at Sydney office at same time same envelop. Well I didnt hire anybody to apply my CR. I don think I needed for my case due to almost 9 years since my car accident. if your case is serious yes you should hire but if its not no need.

Tomywhite

Jan 1, 2018
I didn't actually explain anything because I applied both applications at Sydney office at same time same envelop. Well I didnt hire anybody to apply my CR. I don think I needed for my case due to almost 9 years since my car accident. if your case is serious yes you should hire but if its not no need.
Why do you say if its serious you should hire a representative? I have a serious case and believe I have ticked all boxes and filled the criteria. The fee is already $1000 for a serious case, surely they will accept the application if you've given them everything they've asked.

APD

Jun 28, 2017
Torontro
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Why do you say if its serious you should hire a representative? I have a serious case and believe I have ticked all boxes and filled the criteria. The fee is already $1000 for a serious case, surely they will accept the application if you've given them everything they've asked.
Tomy,

I agree with you 100%. what I meant for serious case was like murder otherwise we are okay in my opinion.
When did you apply and where did you submit your application?

Tomywhite

Jan 1, 2018
Tomy,

I agree with you 100%. what I meant for serious case was like murder otherwise we are okay in my opinion.
When did you apply and where did you submit your application?
The Sydney office received my application on the 5th of March, they sent me an email saying processing times are currently 2-8 months.
I'm currently shaking in my boots as I am not sure if these things are most likely to get approved or refused.

APD

Jun 28, 2017
Torontro
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
The Sydney office received my application on the 5th of March, they sent me an email saying processing times are currently 2-8 months.
I'm currently shaking in my boots as I am not sure if these things are most likely to get approved or refused.
it will get approved.
People saying CIC agent do not care about your case they only care about your case is over 5 years or not.
I applied my CR and PR last 28th February but haven't heard anything from them.
Can you please share what exatly they say in your email?

Tomywhite

Jan 1, 2018
it will get approved.
People saying CIC agent do not care about your case they only care about your case is over 5 years or not.
I applied my CR and PR last 28th February but haven't heard anything from them.
Can you please share what exatly they say in ...
Heres a cut and paste mate, doesn't reveal a great lot.
Our office is currently processing Temporary Resident Permit and Rehabilitation applications in an average of two (2) to eight (8) months. If your travel is imminent we will endeavour to process your file before your trip.

There are, however, complex cases and there are no guaranteed processing times.

Our resources are dedicated to finalizing applications as quickly as possible. As such, we are unable to respond to status inquiries if your application has been in process for fewer than eight (8) months.
ur

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
It sucks man. I just learned this lesson that you follow each and every rule in America especially if you are an immigrant otherwise you could be in trouble anytime. That is a good thing to have the strict law.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Been ~1 year here waiting on the criminal rehabilitation to go through. Was hoping it would go quick as they didn't ask for it until the very end of the PR application and had heard that they sometimes speed those up.

As far as documentation, had to get a background check from every state I've been to since I was 18. Official-mailed-to-you versions, the ones you can pay for and see on the internet don't count. Had to wait on all those. And like other people have said, printed out the local laws, found the Canadian equivalent, then attached those as well.

They also asked for a written explanation of anything that showed up.

This was from a couple misdemeanors from 15 years ago. So take that 10 year thing with a grain of salt.
Did the equivalent offense for your cases have a maximum sentence of less than 10 years?