+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience about Criminal Rehabilitation application in 2017

US2CANADA1

Feb 18, 2018
Sorry, I also provided three recommendation letters. Yes I did provide FBI, state and India PPC. I did not get expunged because it's not easy. I talked to lawyer for expungement but all said you can try but it's not guaranteed. Did you get expunged?
Yes i have expunged my case few years back

US2CANADA1

Feb 18, 2018
Sorry, I also provided three recommendation letters. Yes I did provide FBI, state and India PPC. I did not get expunged because it's not easy. I talked to lawyer for expungement but all said you can try but it's not guaranteed. Did you get expunged?

You should try to expunge your case through the court and that’s going to be very helpful for your future in US and as well as in canada.
My attorney told me the same thing that it’s not guaranteed to get expunged but i tried and fortunately i was successful.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
You should try to expunge your case through the court and that’s going to be very helpful for your future in US and as well as in canada.
My attorney told me the same thing that it’s not guaranteed to get expunged but i tried and fortunately i was successful.
I just realized I provided Minneapolis PPC instead Minnesota state PPC. Now I am afraid they may reject my application. Do you know if they give you a chance to submit missing document? I remember you said they rejected because your India PPC was missing. In my case, I submitted city ppc instead state PPC.

US2CANADA1

Feb 18, 2018
I just realized I provided Minneapolis PPC instead Minnesota state PPC. Now I am afraid they may reject my application. Do you know if they give you a chance to submit missing document? I remember you said they rejected because your India PPC was missing. In my case, I submitted city ppc instead state PPC.

I remember you said , you have applied thru the attorney so contact your attorney and ask him if you can update the state PCC on your file ?
i believe you still have time to do it because CIC doesn't ask for more documents and they just reject the application according to my previous experience.
they should open the file to process our applications after at least 10 months from the receive date. and once they start, they will not ask anymore docs, they either approve or reject so don't waste the time and contact your attorney for the quick update.
may GOD make easy for you. Good Luck...

Tine2015

Oct 31, 2017
I am also applying for PR now. My criminal rehab application was submitted in May 2017. Did you hear anything back on your PR case?
The last time i heard about my PR application when they ask me to do remedical last may 2017 and some additional docs

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
The last time I heard about my PR application when they ask me to do remedical last may 2017 and some additional docs
Are you a primary applicant for PR application? Did you apply PR via express entry or family-based immigration? Did you also at Canada Consulate, Los Angeles or somewhere else?

minicamp

Sep 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-16
AOR Received.
24-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Been ~1 year here waiting on the criminal rehabilitation to go through. Was hoping it would go quick as they didn't ask for it until the very end of the PR application and had heard that they sometimes speed those up.

As far as documentation, had to get a background check from every state I've been to since I was 18. Official-mailed-to-you versions, the ones you can pay for and see on the internet don't count. Had to wait on all those. And like other people have said, printed out the local laws, found the Canadian equivalent, then attached those as well.

They also asked for a written explanation of anything that showed up.

This was from a couple misdemeanors from 15 years ago. So take that 10 year thing with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Been ~1 year here waiting on the criminal rehabilitation to go through. Was hoping it would go quick as they didn't ask for it until the very end of the PR application and had heard that they sometimes speed those up.

As far as documentation, had to get a background check from every state I've been to since I was 18. Official-mailed-to-you versions, the ones you can pay for and see on the internet don't count. Had to wait on all those. And like other people have said, printed out the local laws, found the Canadian equivalent, then attached those as well.

They also asked for a written explanation of anything that showed up.

This was from a couple misdemeanors from 15 years ago. So take that 10 year thing with a grain of salt.
If i understood correct then you heard back or got your criminal rehab approved from them when you applied for PR application. Am i correct? Where did you apply? Was it in USA?

minicamp

Sep 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-16
AOR Received.
24-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
If i understood correct then you heard back or got your criminal rehab approved from them when you applied for PR application. Am i correct? Where did you apply? Was it in USA?
No, it hasn't been approved yet. I'm still waiting. I filed for PR first, and yeah I filed outland for USA, but I'm actually in Canada. They didn't ask for the criminal rehab until ~6 or 7 months after I filed for PR. Haven't heard anything since then. I actually emailed them recently to make sure everything was alright and just got a generic response, but yeah, that's where that's at.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
No, it hasn't been approved yet. I'm still waiting. I filed for PR first, and yeah I filed outland for the USA, but I'm actually in Canada. They didn't ask for the criminal rehab until ~6 or 7 months after I filed for PR. Haven't heard anything since then. I actually emailed them recently to make sure everything was alright and just got a generic response, but yeah, that's where that's at.
Thanks for your reply. I applied for CR in May 2017 and now i am going to apply for PR. I hope they might approve both applications together but not sure how do they work?

APD

Jun 28, 2017
Torontro
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Gents,
I applied for both CR & PR 2 weeks ago to Centralized Intake Office Sydney NS.

So far they did not send my application packages back yet hope they process my apps.