+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share the experience who stayed 4 years outside canada and returned back without any issue.

Discussion in 'Permanent Residency Obligations' started by Superboy, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Hi I lived 4 years outside canada due to family obligations but now I want to return back and stay their.pr card is valid till Oct 2020. Can anyone share his experience of returning back without any issue at POE. Thanks

2. Be calm & honest, don't volunteer more information to POE officer. show them your determination of permanent settle down,and pray for your answers not surprising them.

3. Thanks for reply.Just one question if I am reported what will happen then. Will I need to renounce pr at Poe because I don't have any h &c grounds.will I be allowed to travel back to my home country.

4. Yes you will be allowed to enter and have the opportunity to appeal but without H&C reasons it is pointless. Of course you will be able to return to your home country. The date on your PR card is not what counts. It is 730 days within 5 years of the landing date.

5. Thanks for reply.Assuming i am waved at poe and i stay for more than 2 years say after 2.5 years i renew my pr card will their be any problem because i will be applying for renewal well beyond the pr card expiry date.

6. No there won’t be a problem. You won’t be able to leave Canada during that time and can’t sponsor anyone either.