+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please seniors... some landing issues

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
Hello, i would appreciate your valuable answers...

At the time of landing i know we have to submit the B4 form for goods to follow and accompanying, but what about money we have, does it have a place in this form or any other form..... i mean how to tell the officer that i might bring more money in the future without it being taxed since i have it before being PR.... if i have a property or a car and in the future i want to sell them and transfer the money to Canada, is it taxed...or would it be taxed if i have not mentioned these at time of landing.

and is there a difference if the money was obtained after being a PR, i mean i do landing and go back to my country and finish my job contract say for a year, the money i have in this case would be taxed or does it have to be mentioned in the tax return since at this time i became a PR... when do we actually do the tax return

Thank You

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tarekcanada said:
Hello, i would appreciate your valuable answers...

At the time of landing i know we have to submit the B4 form for goods to follow and accompanying, but what about money we have, does it have a place in this form or any other form..... i mean how to tell the officer that i might bring more money in the future without it being taxed since i have it before being PR.... if i have a property or a car and in the future i want to sell them and transfer the money to Canada, is it taxed...or would it be taxed if i have not mentioned these at time of landing.

and is there a difference if the money was obtained after being a PR, i mean i do landing and go back to my country and finish my job contract say for a year, the money i have in this case would be taxed or does it have to be mentioned in the tax return since at this time i became a PR... when do we actually do the tax return

Thank You
1. If you "land" by plane, you will be given a customs form, where you declare if you are carrying over $10K in monetary instruments. Money is not taxed, you just have to declare if you are carrying over 10K.
2. If you have a property when you "land" you need to have an evaluation. So if you sell it in the future, you have declare the difference as capital gains on your income tax.
3. If you haven't become a tax resident of Canada, you don't have to declare your overseas earnings. You don't do your first tax return, until you become a tax residence or have started earning income in Canada.

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
Thank you PMM for your quick response..

Its really great that one can get such valuabe advice from experts like yourself and other seniors, its really appreciated....

I have posted something before regarding photos at landing, i would appreciate your point of view about it....
my query is as follows (copied from previous post)

I have received our COPR for 3 persons, myself, my wife and my 1 year old child.... the photos attached to the COPR were the ones sent at the time of the initial application (while my child's photo taken when he was 1 week old, now its more than a year)... so when we do our landing, if they are going to use same photos attached t the COPR for the PR cards , then they will not be according to their specifications (as photos are older than 12 months and my child has changed since then), me and my wife's photos also have march 2011 written on the back.... The VO never asked for new photos after the birth of my son, neither at time of PPR...

So can i give them new photos in the airport at the time of landing, would they accept them. Or do i have to ask the VO to change the COPR with the attached photos to new ones.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tarekcanada said:
Thank you PMM for your quick response..

Its really great that one can get such valuabe advice from experts like yourself and other seniors, its really appreciated....

I have posted something before regarding photos at landing, i would appreciate your point of view about it....
my query is as follows (copied from previous post)

I have received our COPR for 3 persons, myself, my wife and my 1 year old child.... the photos attached to the COPR were the ones sent at the time of the initial application (while my child's photo taken when he was 1 week old, now its more than a year)... so when we do our landing, if they are going to use same photos attached t the COPR for the PR cards , then they will not be according to their specifications (as photos are older than 12 months and my child has changed since then), me and my wife's photos also have march 2011 written on the back.... The VO never asked for new photos after the birth of my son, neither at time of PPR...

So can i give them new photos in the airport at the time of landing, would they accept them. Or do i have to ask the VO to change the COPR with the attached photos to new ones.

Thank you
If the photos don't meet the specifications at the time of "landing" the BSO should take new photos, but most of the the time they don't. So carry new photos with you.