+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help

NAT.HAD

Jun 8, 2019
Hi,
I was wondering if someone can give me some advice.
My partner (Canadian citizen) is going to sponsor me (Austrian Citizen) after we get married. We’ve known each other since we’ve been kids and have been in a relationship since 8 years. We also have been living together for several years (we have a joint lease). Just a bit of background: He is originally Jordanian. I am also half Jordanian. That is where we met as kids at school. Both of us don’t really identify with that culture much since we’ve not lived there since we’ve been kids. We’re both nearly 30 now.
So to my question: will it be an issue if I we get married in Austria (my country) with only a small reception of about 30-50 people of our closest family and friends? Is that a red flag considering our cultural background? Also do you have any other advice to prove our relationship is genuine? Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I was wondering if someone can give me some advice.
My partner (Canadian citizen) is going to sponsor me (Austrian Citizen) after we get married. We’ve known each other since we’ve been kids and have been in a relationship since 8 years. We also have been living together for several years (we have a joint lease). Just a bit of background: He is originally Jordanian. I am also half Jordanian. That is where we met as kids at school. Both of us don’t really identify with that culture much since we’ve not lived there since we’ve been kids. We’re both nearly 30 now.
So to my question: will it be an issue if I we get married in Austria (my country) with only a small reception of about 30-50 people of our closest family and friends? Is that a red flag considering our cultural background? Also do you have any other advice to prove our relationship is genuine? Thanks
Just go through the checklist, put it together and you should be fine. A 30-50 person reception is not that small and nothing to be embarrassed or shy about, nothing like a secret marriage.

Since it seems you both lived in Jordan some of the time as children and met there, I think it would be worthwhile to include a short letter of explanation that you both have Jordanian backgrounds but aren't 'culturally' (religiously?) Jordanian - however you wish to express that. This can pretty easily be seen by you living together for years anyway but why not address it outright? Just keep it short and factual.

Just my opinion though- others might disagree on that point. I doubt it's a big factor in your case anyway.

Reactions: NAT.HAD

NAT.HAD

Jun 8, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply, it definitely gave me some peace of mind. I think I’ll address it in my letter like you suggested.

Reactions: armoured

singh_harman94

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
25-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
Agreed with what armoured suggested.
Just include the Marriage registration Certificate with you application package. That would satisfy the requirement. And to as of relationship proof, just provide the documents which are mentioned in the IMM5533 document checklist.
Keep everything short and precise.

Reactions: NAT.HAD