+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help

robflo

Jul 14, 2009
hello everyone, I'd like to get some some on something that I'm not sure of,. my wife and I are applying to bring her mother and two sisters, we received a letter from immigration asking for the for additional info, they say that they are ready to begin processing the sponsorship application, I have collected all the documents requested, but my concern is this, my family lives in Peru therefore the birth certificates are in Spanish, I was told before that I didn't have to translate them to English, I don't know whether that is true or not but it took sometime for me to get these documents sent to me here in Canada, and I only have a couple of weeks before my 90 days run out, my questions is this: Can I send the documents with the birth certificates ( in Spanish). IS there going to be a problem?
Please advice,
Thanks

greenoil

Star Member
May 3, 2012
The official languages in Canada are English and French. I guess you submitted the application in [English] so you need to send an [English] certified translation to be sure. Even a CIC agent can read/speak Spanish fluently, your document will still get return. So, send a certified copy of the birth certificate (don't send the original), and the certified [English] translation of the birth certificate.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
I agree with greenoil...have your birth certicate translate certified to English..otherwise will cost delay.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
robflo said:
hello everyone, I'd like to get some some on something that I'm not sure of,. my wife and I are applying to bring her mother and two sisters, we received a letter from immigration asking for the for additional info, they say that they are ready to begin processing the sponsorship application, I have collected all the documents requested, but my concern is this, my family lives in Peru therefore the birth certificates are in Spanish, I was told before that I didn't have to translate them to English, I don't know whether that is true or not but it took sometime for me to get these documents sent to me here in Canada, and I only have a couple of weeks before my 90 days run out, my questions is this: Can I send the documents with the birth certificates ( in Spanish). IS there going to be a problem?
Please advice,
Thanks

yes you have to get birth certificate and police checks translated to english by a certifed translator....not just a friend

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-06-2012, VISA 11-06-2012, PP Arrived 20-06-2012
under which category r u sponsoring ur aunty (mothers sister)???
robflo said:
Please advice,
Thanks