+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please...HELP WANTED

laurelle

Jul 6, 2012
I am a Canadian citizen living in BC and I am wanting to sponsor my Commonlaw husband who is an American citizen from Tacoma Wa. He is with me in BC on a visitor visa that has been extended twice now and will be running out in July 2013. I have started paperwork and I find it all very confusing. What I would like is for someone who has been through this process to walk me through the appropriate form so I am making sure I am doing it correctly. I would really really appreciate someone to help me. thank you so much

Laurelle

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey, and welcome to the forum.

Start by reading the first post - "spousal sponsorship" by Leon. No need to read the whole thread, the first page is enough. It will give you an overview.
Then - download the forms, print them, READ the guideline, and start gathering the papers. It takes a while to get everything together, but it's feasible. It feels very confusing at first, but once you've read it a few times, it will make sense. There is a checklist included in the papers, and it's the best way to organise your application.

Good luck,
Sweden

papirico

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
Read, read and read more. Everything is clear, in plain English or French and step by step in CIC's forms.
These words should be put by the administrator in RED ink and in 15 pt. font so everybody can see it clearly next to Leon's thread at top of the list.
If what you really want is someone do it for you, go see a lawyer. And start with the host of this forum. Not sure why everyone asks for one if there seems to be a good one here already.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
laurelle said:
I am a Canadian citizen living in BC and I am wanting to sponsor my Commonlaw husband who is an American citizen from Tacoma Wa. He is with me in BC on a visitor visa that has been extended twice now and will be running out in July 2013. I have started paperwork and I find it all very confusing. What I would like is for someone who has been through this process to walk me through the appropriate form so I am making sure I am doing it correctly. I would really really appreciate someone to help me. thank you so much

Laurelle
1) print all forms a guides from cic site

2) read guides

3) do draft 1 of forms to get a feel for it

4) post questions or read various threads on this site

5) while doing the above you can be collecting various documents