May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

I received my COPR today. However, there is a small mistake in it. It says my last port of entry is Halifax and last date of entry as Aug 21, 2012. This is when I entered canada for the first time for my studies.

However, my last port of entry is Toronto and date of last entry was Aug 16, 2014. Rest all the details are correct. Please advise what should i do? I am thinking to go to coutts for my landing this weekend, will this be a problem? I am very worried as I have a trip to India end of this month and don't want this mistake from CIC hamper my travel plans.

Thanks in advance.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
pkumthek said:
Hi friends,

I received my COPR today. However, there is a small mistake in it. It says my last port of entry is Halifax and last date of entry as Aug 21, 2012. This is when I entered canada for the first time for my studies.

However, my last port of entry is Toronto and date of last entry was Aug 16, 2014. Rest all the details are correct. Please advise what should i do? I am thinking to go to coutts for my landing this weekend, will this be a problem? I am very worried as I have a trip to India end of this month and don't want this mistake from CIC hamper my travel plans.

Thanks in advance.
This won't be any issues at your landing. It happened to me as well and many forum members reported this. Don't worry, you will be fine. Happy landing.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does that means that some people have the date of the last entry and some have he date of the first entry ?

Do you have a link for this topic in the forum ?

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, so what should I do at the border? Should I mention CBSA about this mistake and if yes will they change it in their system? As I want this COPR to apply for my Permanent resident travel document while I am in India. Thanks.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdotk said:
does that means that some people have the date of the last entry and some have he date of the first entry ?

Do you have a link for this topic in the forum ?
On my COPR there is Orginal entry date, Last entry date and Last port of entry.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
f1ahmed said:
This won't be any issues at your landing. It happened to me as well and many forum members reported this. Don't worry, you will be fine. Happy landing.
Thanks, so what should I do at the border? Should I mention CBSA about this mistake and if yes will they change it in their system? As I want this COPR to apply for my Permanent resident travel document while I am in India. Thanks.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
i had the same issue. my original and last entry were different. when you do the landing just let the officer know about it. the officer i had just made a comment on my copr about it and marked the correct dates per my passport stamps. its not a big deal really and this won't affect you at all.

p.s. i did my landing at edm cic office.

good luck

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
pkumthek said:
I did not tell them anything as I did not think it would be an issue anywhere. But you can for sure mention it in the border. They have your passport and will be able to verify in their system. Good luck.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy.cic said:
i had the same issue. my original and last entry were different. when you do the landing just let the officer know about it. the officer i had just made a comment on my copr about it and marked the correct dates per my passport stamps. its not a big deal really and this won't affect you at all.

p.s. i did my landing at edm cic office.

good luck
Ok Andy thanks a lot. I will mention that to the officer as it would be better if he puts a remark on my copr because i will using that for applying my travel document next month.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
f1ahmed said:
I did not tell them anything as I did not think it would be an issue anywhere. But you can for sure mention it in the border. They have your passport and will be able to verify in their system. Good luck.
Thank you very much.