+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help , Restoration of status Refused

alinuz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Hi,
My work permit expired on 2 July 2016. i applied for extension on the 2 June 2016. At the time applied for work permit extension i did not receive an ITA .I received ITA on in September and submitted me PR application on 18 September on the 19 September i received a letter stating that my work permit extension has been refused stating that " You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because we have no record of an application for permanent residence in our system for yourself." and "You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status," therefore i applied for restoration of status as o had submitted PR application under express entry CEC and received ROA. I attached the ROA letter with the application. CIC refused the restoration stating "You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because foreign nationals who have let their status expire are not eligible for a Bridging Open Work Permit" now first they say i can apply for the restoration with in 90 days from expiration of status and then refused me that i applied after status expired. My restoration period ends on 18 December. My PR application is in process with madical stage passed and application under review.

My Question is : What are my options to stay in Canada now after 18 Dec 2016? Can i apply for a visitor visa within Canada in order to stay till i my PR application is approved ?

mrawa

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
You are not eligible for BOWP when you are on restoration which is why they refused your BOWP application when you applied 2nd time. Now, you can only apply for visitor visa or for student visa.