+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help!! re: passport

junecec

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
hello I just got an email saying, "your application for permanent residence in canada appears to be ready for visa issuance. Your permanent residence visa can only be issued at detroit office...." then the email provides two mailing addresses, one for detroit, michigan (for us residents) and the other for windsor, ontario (for canadian residents). I'm confused as the letter specifically said visa can only be issued at detroit office. Please any advice is appreciated. Also, the letter did not mention anything about the rprf. when do I send the fee? after the visa is issued? or should i send the cheque along with the passport? i live in windsor, canada but do not have a us visa. Can I send a friend with authorization letter to get the passport stamped? please guys help me out here.....

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (transferred to Ottawa CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
I don't know specifics around the windsor/detroit border, but with the buffalo office, you can send your mail to a PO box in Ft. Eerie, which the Buffalo office collects on a daily basis. So I imagine your note is suggesting a similar scenario, the Detroit office picks up mail in Windsor. Buffalo does sometimes allow people to bring passports in person via a representative, but if your letter doesn't state that it allows that, you may not be able to do it.