+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - PGWP work as a part time online teacher?

A78945612

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
Hi folks,

I have my PGWP since 2021 and the only occupation restriction I can see is I can't work related to sex business.

However, I checked IRCC website and they say if I want to work in education industry, I need to upload my medical with my application, which I didn't because my intended work wasn't teaching by that time.

After I got my PGWP, I worked shortly as an online part-time teacher for an education consulting company (it's not a school). I wasn't with the kids in the same room since it's online. I also volunteered remotely with secondary school students for an engineering project.

Is it okay I did all these? My concern is I didn't upload a medical result with PGWP, but also there is no occupation restrictions as for teaching stating on my work permit. Also, both of them are online.

Thank you.

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
Hi folks,

I have my PGWP since 2021 and the only occupation restriction I can see is I can't work related to sex business.

However, I checked IRCC website and they say if I want to work in education industry, I need to upload my medical with my application, which I didn't because my intended work wasn't teaching by that time.

After I got my PGWP, I worked shortly as an online part-time teacher for an education consulting company (it's not a school). I wasn't with the kids in the same room since it's online. I also volunteered remotely with secondary school students for an engineering project.

Is it okay I did all these? My concern is I didn't upload a medical result with PGWP, but also there is no occupation restrictions as for teaching stating on my work permit. Also, both of them are online.

Thank you.
- Is the education consulting company in Canada (if yes, which province)? which classes (KG, elementary)?
- What were you teaching? I mean is it teaching or training?
- Volunteering isn't work.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi folks,

Thank you.
Volunteering is not a job, but you should have sent the medical information as they requested. At the time you will apply for PR they will request your background for last 10 years and they'll know you worked without showing the required document.

Everybody with a wp, PGWP cannot work related to sex business, that is a default text for everyone.

A78945612

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
Volunteering is not a job, but you should have sent the medical information as they requested. At the time you will apply for PR they will request your background for last 10 years and they'll know you worked without showing the required document.

Everybody with a wp, PGWP cannot work related to sex business, that is a default text for everyone.
Hi thanks for replying. They never asked me to submit a medical for my PGWP. I think they might have used my old medical check to waive the requirement (as what other people told me)