26-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2012
Passport Req..
26-Jun-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-Jan-2013
Friends,

Can someone help me clarify this question? Thanks in advance.

I applied for Canada PR during February 2010. My spouse lived in USA for 2 years (2004-2006). We submitted US (FBI) PCC along with full documents. He doesn't have a foreign travel history after 2006.

I received Medical request few days back. Here's the exact word used in requirement list.

“ORIGINAL RECENT Police clearance certificate for yourself and spouse for all the countries stayed for six months or more since the age of 18 years.”

Do I do need to submit fresh PCC from USA (FBI)? Or Can I write an explanation letter saying we don't have foreign travel history for past 6 years. Proof – There is no valid visa present in passport.

I have only 38 days remaining to submit medical + passport and PCC from FBI will take approximately 2 months.

Centaur

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Re: PCC request along with MR

angelruth said:
Friends,

Can someone help me clarify this question? Thanks in advance.

I applied for Canada PR during February 2010. My spouse lived in USA for 2 years (2004-2006). We submitted US (FBI) PCC along with full documents. He doesn't have a foreign travel history after 2006.

I received Medical request few days back. Here's the exact word used in requirement list.

“ORIGINAL RECENT Police clearance certificate for yourself and spouse for all the countries stayed for six months or more since the age of 18 years.”

Do I do need to submit fresh PCC from USA (FBI)? Or Can I write an explanation letter saying we don't have foreign travel history for past 6 years. Proof – There is no valid visa present in passport.

Please help.

While I am not an expert in this matter, I will apply a lil logic. If the statemment is clear about needing a PCC since age of 18, it holds good, no matter how many years back your travel/ stay was about. Since you may be working with a time frame to submit the required documents, first apply for PCC and in the meanwhile submit doucments with your request / supporting letter. If VO accepts your request, may not insist on PCC. If VO expects it no matter, you wont lose time as well and would have sent part documents not to show as defaulting from your end, if PCC took time. If they provide an acknowledgement for PCC request from FBI/Police, attach a copy of that with your documents when you mail to VO.

Also, I hope some one with more insight would come forward to suggest alternatives.

Regards

angelruth

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
24-Mar-2010
Nomination.....
IN PROCESS on 23-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
30-Mar-2010
Med's Request
26-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2012
Passport Req..
26-Jun-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-Jan-2013
Re: PCC request along with MR

Centaur said:
While I am not an expert in this matter, I will apply a lil logic. If the statemment is clear about needing a PCC since age of 18, it holds good, no matter how many years back your travel/ stay was about. Since you may be working with a time frame to submit the required documents, first apply for PCC and in the meanwhile submit doucments with your request / supporting letter. If VO accepts your request, may not insist on PCC. If VO expects it no matter, you wont lose time as well and would have sent part documents not to show as defaulting from your end, if PCC took time. If they provide an acknowledgement for PCC request from FBI/Police, attach a copy of that with your documents when you mail to VO.

Also, I hope some one with more insight would come forward to suggest alternatives.

Regards

Thanks Centaur. Did anyone else in this forum faced similar situation? Is there any alternative?

nhactre99

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
I was also requested to submit FBI PCC also and I think we have to follow CIC request. They allow me 60 days but FBI PCC may take 8-10 weeks plus time for snail mail. I will try my best. It is a good idea to enclose any receipt/acknowledgement of PCC.

angelruth

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
24-Mar-2010
Nomination.....
IN PROCESS on 23-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
30-Mar-2010
Med's Request
26-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2012
Passport Req..
26-Jun-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-Jan-2013
nhactre99 said:
I was also requested to submit FBI PCC also and I think we have to follow CIC request. They allow me 60 days but FBI PCC may take 8-10 weeks plus time for snail mail. I will try my best. It is a good idea to enclose any receipt/acknowledgement of PCC.
Hi,

Did you include FBI PCC when you submitted full documents to VISA office? or is it the first time you are applying for FBI PCC?