+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help...new immigrant.

vonmitch

Oct 26, 2012
Hello guys..received our VISA & CoPR last week.
One big thing that worries me is our agency (mercan) is saying that cic will email us or phone us before we do our landing coz they say this is kinda the new process for new immigrants...our visa will be expiring april 2015..my wife is the principal applicant as her passport will be expiring april 2015, but we've manage to renew it last month and waiting for it..heres my questions.please kindly help.

1. Do we still renew the visa after we've done landing/flagpoling?

2. Can we do our landing even though there's no mail or cic didn't phone us?

3. What we will bring to do flagpoling/border landing?

4. If ever stamped, what to do next?

Another thing the wife's new passport will be mailed soon but before we receive the new one we must return first the old one coz we only asked the phil. Consulate to borrow the old passport that we've sent to cic...

Anyone is in kind of our situation please help guys...appreciate all your answers.
Thank you and have a properous NEW YEAR!

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
vonmitch said:
Hello guys..received our VISA & CoPR last week.
One big thing that worries me is our agency (mercan) is saying that cic will email us or phone us before we do our landing coz they say this is kinda the new process for new immigrants...our visa will be expiring april 2015..my wife is the principal applicant as her passport will be expiring april 2015, but we've manage to renew it last month and waiting for it..heres my questions.please kindly help.

1. Do we still renew the visa after we've done landing/flagpoling?

2. Can we do our landing even though there's no mail or cic didn't phone us?

3. What we will bring to do flagpoling/border landing?

4. If ever stamped, what to do next?

Another thing the wife's new passport will be mailed soon but before we receive the new one we must return first the old one coz we only asked the phil. Consulate to borrow the old passport that we've sent to cic...

Anyone is in kind of our situation please help guys...appreciate all your answers.
Thank you and have a properous NEW YEAR!
1. your visas are only valid for one entry after which a pr card will be mailed to you that you will use to enter canada whenever you travel.

2.you dont need to wait for CIC to email you. i landed a month ago , and upto now CIC hasnt emailed me anything. Sometimes they do, but sometimes they dont. As long as you have copr, and visa stamp you are good to land.

3. you will need your COPR, passports with valid visa, and other documents to take all depend on what class you applied for.

4. i dont understand your final question clearly...but you will be given a welcome to canada package and the border officer will explain when your card will come.

i wouldnt advise you to get new passport until you land. You will need the visa to enter canada when you land. if you get a new passport then you need to get visa transferred to new passport(CIC already has your old passport number attached to your application) . Just land then apply for new passport later. less complicated

vonmitch

Oct 26, 2012
Thanks chipolopolo....

can we still do our landin even though my wife's passport will expire april 2015?

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
vonmitch said:
Thanks chipolopolo....

can we still do our landin even though my wife's passport will expire april 2015?
yes you can. Your passport is valid upto last date of expiry. CIC just requires that its valid when you land since you will be permanent. You can always renew it after you land through your home countries embassy here in canada

vonmitch

Oct 26, 2012
where did you do your exit?
do they ask you for a bank statement or additional documents?
Hows your experience on landing on border?

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
vonmitch said:
where did you do your exit?
do they ask you for a bank statement or additional documents?
Hows your experience on landing on border?
i applied for family class through my canadian wife so they dont ask for bank statement. I was asked to show them my two copies of COPR, My passport with visa, and also a list of items that i was bringing in with me such as clothes, laptops, other electronics. They will provide you a form to write down your goods, and their value. i landed by the fort erie peace bridge from USA. My entire landing took just 15 minutes, but it was 3am and not busy.

what class of immigration visa did you apply for? the class will determine if you need bank statements or additional documents to show