+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP: MY LMO is approved

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
cmcaquino said:
hi darookie! i just read somewhere that i can do the UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM (IMM 1017B), which accdg to them is applicable to those persons without a medical request from the immigration. The panel physician will issue this form to the applicant, and then the applicant will forward this form to the CIC (i am not sure yet though of the whole process). I will try to get an appointment for an upfront medical exam on Monday. Wish me luck guys! Hope it will work for me..
Nice!!!! Upfront Medical Exam. Let me know the result ha. Thank you! Your posts really helped me a lot! God bless!

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
cookie27 said:
Nice!!!! Upfront Medical Exam. Let me know the result ha. Thank you! Your posts really helped me a lot! God bless!
yeah i'm praying that it'll work..i'll keep the results posted..wish me luck ha.. thanks! :) how about your case, what's the status?

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
darookie said:
Most of the people I know got their WP at the Montana Border.. ( cant rember the exact name of the border)
Problem is they already have WP and they are just going to change their employers.

Im not sure if they will need your original passport as WP wont be stamped in your passport. I GUESS photocopy of the bio data page will be fine. I GUESS!

I GUESS again that after they pricessed your application they will request for your medical, if you need one, then you can go to any designated clinic and the clinic will forward the results to the visa office.

I GUESS again that if you are approve you can pick up the WP at the border i just dont understand if you have an option to pick it up at the border closest to your place or you need to go to NY border.

Im not sure about this as I havent experienced it myself. Im also asking help from VIP members here and luckily they were kind enough to answer my questions.
Thanks darookie! you've been so helpful. I also believe I can submit the photo copy of my passport. God bless.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
cmcaquino said:
yeah i'm praying that it'll work..i'll keep the results posted..wish me luck ha.. thanks! :) how about your case, what's the status?
I will include you in my prayers. Please do let me know the progress of your application. Will follow your footsteps ;D. My sister just got the updated documents from my employer to place an AD this week. After that, LMO... I will keep you informed as well.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
cookie27 said:
1. YES. As long as your employer followed the correct procedures...advertise then apply for LMO + your contract.
2. YES.
3. YES, you can go back to the Philippines and submit there. The thing is, it will take you 14 to 18 months. Saddest part here is, sometimes even if the documents and work experience are genuine, they still reject the application (after waiting for 18 months). Whereas if you are already in Canada, you can lodge your application to NYC visa office. They process WP application of those with valid visitor visa in Canada. I am just not sure how long the processing time is...but I believe it shorter/faster. Meaning, the burden of waiting if you are approved or rejected is shorter/faster!
4. YES. Also, it is better if you have a US tourist visa. Just in case you are called for interview, you can go there without any hassles. Although there are cases when one is not called for interview. I believe WP can be picked-up from the border once approved.
thanks a lot for your reply...just want to clarify #3, how will i lodge my application for WP as a Live-in Caregiver, will it be thru mail only?...fortunately, i already have a US tourist visa valid until 2017

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
cookie27 said:
I will include you in my prayers. Please do let me know the progress of your application. Will follow your footsteps ;D. My sister just got the updated documents from my employer to place an AD this week. After that, LMO... I will keep you informed as well.
hi! this is my day! :) i have already finished my medicals today..yey!! i told them that what i am applying for is a work permit, and then they didnt ask for the Client Biodata Summary, they generated the form for me. the results will reach the immigration for 7 to 10 days. after then, we could go personally to Montana to apply for a work permit. i'm so happy! :)

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
honney said:
thanks a lot for your reply...just want to clarify #3, how will i lodge my application for WP as a Live-in Caregiver, will it be thru mail only?...fortunately, i already have a US tourist visa valid until 2017
Honney,

#3 Is my dilemma as well. Assuming my application will be lodged in NYC, I don't know which will serve me best...that is to send the application through a courier or hand it in personnaly. I haven't had a chance to check it yet. Not sure if NYC accepts application done in person. I hope some members can help enlighten us.

Let me know also the progress of your application.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
cmcaquino said:
hi! this is my day! :) i have already finished my medicals today..yey!! i told them that what i am applying for is a work permit, and then they didnt ask for the Client Biodata Summary, they generated the form for me. the results will reach the immigration for 7 to 10 days. after then, we could go personally to Montana to apply for a work permit. i'm so happy! :)
Congratulations! Where did you have your medical? Did they ask you or did you tell them which visa office to send the result? Hope you get your WP soon!

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
cookie27 said:
Congratulations! Where did you have your medical? Did they ask you or did you tell them which visa office to send the result? Hope you get your WP soon!
not they didn't. i did it in Heritage Village Medicentre here in Edmonton (southside). i really hope too! once the results reached the immigration, we could already go to Montana. now im praying that the medical results would be just fine. :)

how about you, you already have the approved LMO right?

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
cmcaquino said:
please keep us posted.. we will be praying and hoping for the success of your application.
GOD bless!

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
cookie27 said:
Honney,

#3 Is my dilemma as well. Assuming my application will be lodged in NYC, I don't know which will serve me best...that is to send the application through a courier or hand it in personnaly. I haven't had a chance to check it yet. Not sure if NYC accepts application done in person. I hope some members can help enlighten us.

Let me know also the progress of your application.
hi cookie....i really appreciate your replies to my queries...i hope somebody in this forum will be able to provide answers to our questions...actually, i don't have an application yet...i'm still looking for an employer...but if ever i would be able to find one, i would surely update you with the progress of my application...thanks again...God bless us all!

justlikethat

May 23, 2013
Hey guys i just got my lmo and filed my visa too .. dre is some1 who is helping me out i guess you can try out them too cv7@cv-submission.com