+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP: MY LMO is approved

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
hello, please help me.. i am a visitor here in Canada, and then i got a job offer and my LMO is already approved, by the way my job is a kitchen helper. The problem is, when i asked for an appointment for the medical exam, they were asking me to bring my Client Biodata and Summary, which I don't have.
Can somebody tell me please what can i do to get that form? please help me :(

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
please help.. i really don't know what to do.. how can i get the Client Biodata and Summary form? If the immigration issues it to the worker with positive LMO, how can i request for it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cmcaquino said:
hello, please help me.. i am a visitor here in Canada, and then i got a job offer and my LMO is already approved, by the way my job is a kitchen helper. The problem is, when i asked for an appointment for the medical exam, they were asking me to bring my Client Biodata and Summary, which I don't have.
1. As you require a medical, you can't apply at a port of entry, you must apply to the overseas office responsible for your country of residence or New York.
2. The overseas office will send you the medical instructions.

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. As you require a medical, you can't apply at a port of entry, you must apply to the overseas office responsible for your country of residence or New York.
2. The overseas office will send you the medical instructions.
hi! thank you for your help..can i apply through online or do i need to call?

im really confused right now. because accdg to the immigration website, some jobs do not require a medical exam. my job is a kitchen helper and it's not included in the list of jobs which need a medical exam (but i'm not so sure because it is a not all-inclusive list). would you know if i need to do a medical exam? because we planned to take my papers to the canadian border and apply for a work permit without a medical, but we worried that if in case i would not be given a work permit, i cannot go back here in canada because my visa is only a single entry..

And then i have another problem, when i asked for an appointment with a panel physician, the receptionist told me to bring the Client Biodata Summary, but when i tried to make an appointment with another panel physician, the receptionist told me that it's not necessary at all. Now I'm really confused. please help me! :(

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Hope someone can help you on this.

You have the same situation with my cousin I hope someone can give some advise.

I think you need to do medical if your going to handle food or the work is related to food.

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
darookie said:
Hope someone can help you on this.

You have the same situation with my cousin I hope someone can give some advise.

I think you need to do medical if your going to handle food or the work is related to food.
yeah i think so too. this afternoon, i called the immigration and asked how could i request for the Client Biodata Summary, and she said that it's not necessary. However the receptionist of the clinic keeps on telling me that I must have that form. I really don't know what to do. :(

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
cmcaquino said:
hi! thank you for your help..can i apply through online or do i need to call?

im really confused right now. because accdg to the immigration website, some jobs do not require a medical exam. my job is a kitchen helper and it's not included in the list of jobs which need a medical exam (but i'm not so sure because it is a not all-inclusive list). would you know if i need to do a medical exam? because we planned to take my papers to the canadian border and apply for a work permit without a medical, but we worried that if in case i would not be given a work permit, i cannot go back here in canada because my visa is only a single entry..

And then i have another problem, when i asked for an appointment with a panel physician, the receptionist told me to bring the Client Biodata Summary, but when i tried to make an appointment with another panel physician, the receptionist told me that it's not necessary at all. Now I'm really confused. please help me! :(
Which border do you plan to get/apply for work permit? I read somewhere in CIC...(I will try to get the link), if you have a single entry visa to Canada and you went to the U.S., you can still re-enter Canada. Sample situation is, if you have a multiple entry visa to the US and single entry to Canada, you can re-enter Canada several times as long as you are coming from the U.S.

Can you not send your application to NYC office through a courier like Fed-Ex? If you have a single entry to the U.S., you may use that in case you are called for an interview. Just pray that your interview is waived and your work permit can be collected from the border so you wont have to go to the US should you have no visa there.

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
cookie27 said:
Which border do you plan to get/apply for work permit? I read somewhere in CIC...(I will try to get the link), if you have a single entry visa to Canada and you went to the U.S., you can still re-enter Canada. Sample situation is, if you have a multiple entry visa to the US and single entry to Canada, you can re-enter Canada several times as long as you are coming from the U.S.

Can you not send your application to NYC office through a courier like Fed-Ex? If you have a single entry to the U.S., you may use that in case you are called for an interview. Just pray that your interview is waived and your work permit can be collected from the border so you wont have to go to the US should you have no visa there.
we planned to go to montana, but we cancelled it because of my single entry visa here in Canada. we thought we'll just be taking a risk since i don't have yet a medical exam.. (i might be deported and that will worsen my case..what do you think?)

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah I agree so long as your single entry visa is still valid you can go to the US.

Ill search more for this topic and if ever I find something ill let you know.

Please keep us posted.

Are you a filipino?

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
darookie said:
Yeah I agree so long as your single entry visa is still valid you can go to the US.

Ill search more for this topic and if ever I find something ill let you know.

Please keep us posted.

Are you a filipino?
yes i am, kaw din ba? thank you so much! this forum really helps! please let me know, i think im running out of time, my tourist visa is already due this coming june.. :( that's why it would be better to personally go to the border, than to send the paper application.

im trying to make an appointment for the medical, but the receptionists would not let me, they were asking for the Client Biodata Summary from the Immigration, however when i called the immigration, she said it's not necessary.. ang labo..

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Naku mga kabayan!

Sana nga me makasagot sa mga tanong mo. Kasi I have the same questions about the medical. Nag try ako magsagot ng online application pero hindi daw eligible kasi nga visitor ang pinili ko sa ïmmigratio status na question. I also read in the online application that it is faster if you include a medical result. Very confusing nga eh. Kasi, how can you include a medical result when you don't have a medical request from the embassy. I asked several DMPs about medical and was told that they need a request from the embassy. Also, I was told that the result will be sent directly to the embassy..sakit sa ulo.

Major problem ko rin eh, based sa mga posts na nabasa ko, if you send a paper application, it takes 2 months or so to get your passport back. Which in my case, hindi pwede kasi I can only stay in Canada for max of 3 weeks :'(.

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
cookie27 said:
Naku mga kabayan!

Sana nga me makasagot sa mga tanong mo. Kasi I have the same questions about the medical. Nag try ako magsagot ng online application pero hindi daw eligible kasi nga visitor ang pinili ko sa ïmmigratio status na question. I also read in the online application that it is faster if you include a medical result. Very confusing nga eh. Kasi, how can you include a medical result when you don't have a medical request from the embassy. I asked several DMPs about medical and was told that they need a request from the embassy. Also, I was told that the result will be sent directly to the embassy..sakit sa ulo.

Major problem ko rin eh, based sa mga posts na nabasa ko, if you send a paper application, it takes 2 months or so to get your passport back. Which in my case, hindi pwede kasi I can only stay in Canada for max of 3 weeks :'(.
it's so frustrating dba? paano nga ko mkakapagpamedical, eh when i requested for the medical request to the immigration, hndi na dw kailangan.

same situation ba tyo? are you also a visitor here na meron ng job contract and approved lmo?

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Waiting for my LMO palang ako. Hopefully ma release by July or latest August, then punta na ako jan (God willing). Masakit na nga mga mata ko kakabasa ng ibat ibang posts dito para matuto. Marami na nga akong sinendan ng private message dito..even sa forum mismo marami na akong tinanong. Makulit na nga ang dating ko eh ;D. Kasi sayang naman pamasahe ko if walang saysay ang mangyayari sa akin jan ;D

I hope me makasagot ng mga questions natin. Gusto ko nga sana online application para hindi required ang original passport :'(. Sa paper application ba for a work permit under live in care giver, kailangan ng original passport ng NYC office? If I send my passport along with my application, hala, I won't be able to leave Canada in 3 weeks time! Mawawalan ako ng work dito sa Dubai. Eh paano if hindi ma approve ang application ko for WP...wala na akong work na babalikan, wala pa akong work permit na nilu look forward...huhuhu

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
cmcaquino said:
Hello! makasingit lang kabayan! Ask ko lang... is it really a requirement na magpamedical? baka naman hindi na, since andito ka na... nagpamedical ka ba before ka umalis sa atin for the tourist visa?

Ang pagkakaalam ko kasi since may LMO ka na, you can apply for the work permit na, then if they will request for a medical then dun kpa lang nila padadalan nung appendix something (medical form)

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
charmainefrances said:
Hello! makasingit lang kabayan! Ask ko lang... is it really a requirement na magpamedical? baka naman hindi na, since andito ka na... nagpamedical ka ba before ka umalis sa atin for the tourist visa?

Ang pagkakaalam ko kasi since may LMO ka na, you can apply for the work permit na, then if they will request for a medical then dun kpa lang nila padadalan nung appendix something (medical form)
hi! accdg sa immigration website, hindi lahat ng job e kailangan ng medical, nakalist dun ung mga kailangan, majority dun ung mga health care i.e. ung meron contact sa people. pero sabi ng employer ko, magpamedical daw ako since nasa food industry ung magiging work ko.. galing akong taiwan, hindi naman ako nirequire magpamedical nung nagapply ako dun ng visitor visa papunta dito..

we tried to go to the border, kaso nga lang cinancel din namin lakad namin kc bka hanapan ako ng medical dun sa border eh single entry lang ung tourist visa ko..do you know a way to request for that medical form before going to the border?