+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP: MY LMO is approved

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
darookie said:
Cmcaquino,

Any updates on your application?
hi! none yet, we are gonna go to montana by the end of the month. im just wondering what will happen to my visa, because i only had a single entry and i already used it when i entered here. would you know if they will issue me a TRV as a worker then?

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
if you are just crossing US you dont need multiple visa. single entry visa will do.

but I maybe wrong, please give us an update after as we are waiting for your next step,

God bless you

chief0422

Apr 6, 2011
you have to apply your workpemit inside Canada, Country of citizen or USA (Los Angeles or Buffalo)
I suggest Los Angles or Buffalo. After you received a letter from VISa Officer that the only time you are allowed to cross the border (Montana as you said).

It will take two months to process your workpermit. Beleive me marami na ako na assist sa ganitong situation..
But before that you have to take a medical as required by the CIC if you are staying more than six months.

cmcaquino said:
hi! none yet, we are gonna go to montana by the end of the month. im just wondering what will happen to my visa, because i only had a single entry and i already used it when i entered here. would you know if they will issue me a TRV as a worker then?

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
chief0422 said:
you have to apply your workpemit inside Canada, Country of citizen or USA (Los Angeles or Buffalo)
I suggest Los Angles or Buffalo. After you received a letter from VISa Officer that the only time you are allowed to cross the border (Montana as you said).

It will take two months to process your workpermit. Beleive me marami na ako na assist sa ganitong situation..
But before that you have to take a medical as required by the CIC if you are staying more than six months.

I thought buffalo is already close?

What is the nearest visa ofFice in Edmonton?

Can a visitor apply inside canada for work permit?

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
chief0422 said:

Eto po and mga notices sa sites ng Seattle and Buffalo.

Visas and Immigration
Important message:

The Visa and Immigration Section at the Canadian Consulate in Seattle (United States) is closed and services transferred to the Canadian Consulate in New York or in Los Angeles.

and

Visa office in Buffalo, U.S.A.

The Visa and Immigration Section at the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo (United States) is closed and services transferred to the Canadian Consulate in New York or in Los Angeles.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Darookie and cmcaquino,

below is for your info....I can't copy the link, nag eerror eh.....so I just copied the texts. I got it from CIC's official site (HELP CENTRE):

I have a temporary resident visa. Can I leave Canada and come back?

Single-entry temporary resident visa

If you have a single-entry temporary resident visa, you will generally need a new single-entry visa to come back to Canada.
You can request to return to Canada on your original single-entry temporary resident visa, if:
you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and
you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.

Multiple-entry temporary resident visa

Yes, you can come back to Canada, if you have a multiple-entry temporary resident visa and it has not expired.

Expired temporary resident visa

You can request to return to Canada on your original temporary resident visa, even if it is expired, if:
you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and
you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.

An officer will confirm whether you meet all the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada. If you visit any country other than those listed above, you will need a new temporary resident visa.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Darookie and cmcaquino,

Here's another one from CIC's HELP CENTRE:

Can I apply for a work permit from inside Canada?

Only in some cases. You can only apply for a work permit from inside Canada if:

you, your spouse or parents have a valid study or work permit,
you have a work permit for one job but want to apply for a work permit for a different job,
you have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more, or ( my own comment and not from CIC's site...don't mistake this for temporary resident visa)
you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada. You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit.

There are other requirements as well.

If you are already in Canada as a visitor, you may not apply within Canada. You must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:

responsible for the country where you live,
responsible for the country you are a citizen of, or
at a Canadian embassy or consulate in the United States of America.

You may be asked to go for an in-person interview at that office. If so, make sure you have all the documents you need to enter that country.

You must check:

whether you need to fill out any other forms or provide any other documents, and
how to pay the fee (visa offices do not accept fee payment receipts from banks in Canada).

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
here are the links...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=172&t=17

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=527&t=16

chandika38

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi All,

I need to clarify few things,I think I am on the right forum.
I live outside of canada and you know I got a job offer as a kitchen helper in a hotel in alberta. I got the LMO and the employment contract already through my consultants,(My case is handled by a consultants agency based in toronto). my question is who has to apply for my work permit?.do I have to apply for my W/P my self here where I live or My consultants can do it in canda?.I sent couple of e-mails asking who has to do it but my consultants are not showing any interest in replying to me.How long they will take to process my W/P?.D i need to under go a medical test?.

I have already been to Canada and U.S some time back as a visitor. Pls tell me the next procedure what i have to follow.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
chandika38 said:
Hi All,

I need to clarify few things,I think I am on the right forum.
I live outside of canada and you know I got a job offer as a kitchen helper in a hotel in alberta. I got the LMO and the employment contract already through my consultants,(My case is handled by a consultants agency based in toronto). my question is who has to apply for my work permit?.do I have to apply for my W/P my self here where I live or My consultants can do it in canda?.I sent couple of e-mails asking who has to do it but my consultants are not showing any interest in replying to me.How long they will take to process my W/P?.D i need to under go a medical test?.

I have already been to Canada and U.S some time back as a visitor. Pls tell me the next procedure what i have to follow.
Isn't that what consultants are for? First step is getting you the approved LMO then filing for work permit? Where are you from? If your consultant is not helpful, you can file your WP from your country of residence. Just check the website of CIC for checklist of documents you need to submit. i.e. forms, etc.

As for the processing time, I believe Kitchen helper and other line of work are processed faster than Live-in caregiver especially now that you can apply online.

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
darookie said:
Cmcaquino,

Any updates?? Please tell us your experience if ever you cross the border. Thanks!
hi, no update yet, still waiting for my visit visa extension.. how about you?

chandika38

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
N/A
cookie27 said:
Isn't that what consultants are for? First step is getting you the approved LMO then filing for work permit? Where are you from? If your consultant is not helpful, you can file your WP from your country of residence. Just check the website of CIC for checklist of documents you need to submit. i.e. forms, etc.

As for the processing time, I believe Kitchen helper and other line of work are processed faster than Live-in caregiver especially now that you can apply online.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply cookie,I am from sri lanka.
I checked the CIC web site already and it says they will take about 3 months here in S.L,This is just for all work permits.I cant file any docs from here as my consultant is supposed to do all for me.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
cmcaquino said:
hi, no update yet, still waiting for my visit visa extension.. how about you?
Hello cmcaquino,

It's been almost a month now, how's your application? did you get your WP?

jgelbolingo

Sep 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
03-April-2013 - NBI submitted
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
24-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
20-05-2014
cookie27 said:
1. YES. As long as your employer followed the correct procedures...advertise then apply for LMO + your contract.
2. YES.
3. YES, you can go back to the Philippines and submit there. The thing is, it will take you 14 to 18 months. Saddest part here is, sometimes even if the documents and work experience are genuine, they still reject the application (after waiting for 18 months). Whereas if you are already in Canada, you can lodge your application to NYC visa office. They process WP application of those with valid visitor visa in Canada. I am just not sure how long the processing time is...but I believe it shorter/faster. Meaning, the burden of waiting if you are approved or rejected is shorter/faster!
4. YES. Also, it is better if you have a US tourist visa. Just in case you are called for interview, you can go there without any hassles. Although there are cases when one is not called for interview. I believe WP can be picked-up from the border once approved.
Hi I am new here. I hope someone can help me.

I already have a job offer from an employer in Alberta to work as Welder. They already have an "Unnamed" ready LMO, just need to put my name on the LMO. The only concern is the processing time for work permit submitted here in the Philippines which takes 5 months or longer and I believe the employer can't wait that long.

I am planning just to get a visitors visa processed here in the Philippines, then when I arrive there in Alberta, will need to process work permit. The employer likes this idea, since this is the fastest way. It will only take 14 business days to process here in the Philippines, although I haven't started with the processing yet.

1. Is it possible that my employer can invite and provide me an invitation letter (they are willing to help to process my visa), so I can include that on my application for visitor's visa, even though, they will be the one to employ me when I arrive in Alberta?

2. Will this affect our application when we process the work permit inside Canada, that they are the one inviting me to come? will there be complications?

However, my wife is in Toronto. I am not sure if she can provide me an invitation letter since she is working as a live in Caregiver that don't have the capacity to invite me, and immigration will doubt about issuing me a visa.

So that is our main concern, however, we are really looking for an option that is fast, so we can start the process as soon as possible.

I read some forum here regarding processing work permit in the Canadian embassy in the US.

3. Do I need to have a US tourist Visa in order for me to be able to submit an apply for a work permit in any Canadian Embassy in the US?
4. Will I be allowed to apply for a US tourist Visa in any US embassy while I am in Canada on a Visitor Visa (so I can cross the US border once I submit my work permit application)?
5. How I can apply for a Work permit? Do I need to submit a paper application personally to any Canadian Embassy in the US? or can this be done online through the CIC website?

I hope that anybody here can help me out.

I will be glad if you can provide me the info.

Thanks,