+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP: MY LMO is approved

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
cookie27 said:
Waiting for my LMO palang ako. Hopefully ma release by July or latest August, then punta na ako jan (God willing). Masakit na nga mga mata ko kakabasa ng ibat ibang posts dito para matuto. Marami na nga akong sinendan ng private message dito..even sa forum mismo marami na akong tinanong. Makulit na nga ang dating ko eh ;D. Kasi sayang naman pamasahe ko if walang saysay ang mangyayari sa akin jan ;D

I hope me makasagot ng mga questions natin. Gusto ko nga sana online application para hindi required ang original passport :'(. Sa paper application ba for a work permit under live in care giver, kailangan ng original passport ng NYC office? If I send my passport along with my application, hala, I won't be able to leave Canada in 3 weeks time! Mawawalan ako ng work dito sa Dubai. Eh paano if hindi ma approve ang application ko for WP...wala na akong work na babalikan, wala pa akong work permit na nilu look forward...huhuhu
naku ako nga din eh lahat ng post binabasa ko, naghahanap ako ng may same case sakin, dko na kasi tlaga alam ggawin ko.. pano ba magsend ng private message? baka kasi makulitan na din ung iba sakin.. :)

magonline ka nalang, matagal pag paper application..

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
cmcaquino said:
yes i am, kaw din ba? thank you so much! this forum really helps! please let me know, i think im running out of time, my tourist visa is already due this coming june.. :( that's why it would be better to personally go to the border, than to send the paper application.

im trying to make an appointment for the medical, but the receptionists would not let me, they were asking for the Client Biodata Summary from the Immigration, however when i called the immigration, she said it's not necessary.. ang labo..

Try to extend your visa first if youre not yet sure about going to the border.

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
cookie27 said:
Waiting for my LMO palang ako. Hopefully ma release by July or latest August, then punta na ako jan (God willing). Masakit na nga mga mata ko kakabasa ng ibat ibang posts dito para matuto. Marami na nga akong sinendan ng private message dito..even sa forum mismo marami na akong tinanong. Makulit na nga ang dating ko eh ;D. Kasi sayang naman pamasahe ko if walang saysay ang mangyayari sa akin jan ;D

I hope me makasagot ng mga questions natin. Gusto ko nga sana online application para hindi required ang original passport :'(. Sa paper application ba for a work permit under live in care giver, kailangan ng original passport ng NYC office? If I send my passport along with my application, hala, I won't be able to leave Canada in 3 weeks time! Mawawalan ako ng work dito sa Dubai. Eh paano if hindi ma approve ang application ko for WP...wala na akong work na babalikan, wala pa akong work permit na nilu look forward...huhuhu
I dont get it. If youre planning to apply as a live in caregiver and your waiting for your LMO in dubai why not apply for work visa instead of visitors visa? Do you already have a visitors visa in the first place?

I read somewhere here a filipina flagpoled with her prospective employer in seattle and was able to get work permit. She's also on a visitors visa.

By the way, i suggest you guys speak in english so other members who are not filipino can somewhat benefit or give advice on the said topic.

Especially most VIP members are not filipino theyre inputs are highly needed and appreciated.

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Cmcaquino,

One of the VIP members here advised me to just send the completed application in NYC. I asked if there would be an interview as my cousin doesnt have US visa. He said no if the package is complete. The work permit can be picked up at the border if its approved.

Im still asking some members and even people who has the same situation. Im trying to get all the info because were also trying to save money of not sending her back to italy just to apply for a work permit and also making sure that we are on the right path..

Hope you guys can speak english so we can get more help and advice.

Im also a filipino btw. ;D

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
cmcaquino said:
naku ako nga din eh lahat ng post binabasa ko, naghahanap ako ng may same case sakin, dko na kasi tlaga alam ggawin ko.. pano ba magsend ng private message? baka kasi makulitan na din ung iba sakin.. :)

magonline ka nalang, matagal pag paper application..
Hi!,

Sorry, too sleepy last nite and fell asleep. To send someone a private message, just click on the name of the person. Then you will see the details about that person and below the page, just click "send this person a private message".

At first, I thought I can lodge my application online (while in Canada). The thing is, there is one question about the applicant's immigration status in Canada, I clicked on ""VISITOR""....end result, I am not eligible to apply online. Then I went back and changed my answer to "TEMPORARY RESIDENT PERMIT HOLDER" , then I was given a reference number to proceed with the online application.

Big question now is, if I am a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) holder, where do I fall? VISITOR or TEMPORARY RESIDENT PERMIT HOLDER? If visitor, it means I can't lodge an online application. It has to be paper application.

Another question, for LCP applicant, does the visa office in NYC require original passport?

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
darookie said:
I dont get it. If youre planning to apply as a live in caregiver and your waiting for your LMO in dubai why not apply for work visa instead of visitors visa? Do you already have a visitors visa in the first place?

I read somewhere here a filipina flagpoled with her prospective employer in seattle and was able to get work permit. She's also on a visitors visa.

By the way, i suggest you guys speak in english so other members who are not filipino can somewhat benefit or give advice on the said topic.

Especially most VIP members are not filipino theyre inputs are highly needed and appreciated.
I was told by a friend who is in Canada that it is faster if I lodge my application in the US. US office accepts application of those with valid visitor visa to Canada. I have applied for a TRV to Canada last week. After which, I will apply for a US tourist visa. God willing, I will be approved again as I was issued a Canadian and US visa before. If in any case I don't get a visitor visa, my 2nd option is to lodge my work permit application here in the UAE which will take 14 months or so.

Somewhere in this forum, I read some success stories that an LCP applications lodged in Buffalo, LA, Seattle offices were processed in less than a month. However, these visa offices do not accept WP applications anymore :'(

I am not sure on how to go about my application. I pray that I can find someone here in the forum in the same situation as mine, who can guide me through the process, as to which forms to submit, i.e. which checklist, change of status form (from TRV to WP). In Manila and UAE, original passport is not required in the initial filing of LCP application. Perhaps, I can do paper application, send all original dox except my passport. I also wanted to know how I can get medical without a medical request. In the online application, it is mentioned that it is faster if you include in your application package a medical result. Very confusing! DMPs here in the UAE won't allow me unless I show a request from the embassy.

Also, what is this WP through the BORDER? Is this really possible? Did I get it right when I read that you can get WP going through the BORDER?

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
darookie said:
Try to extend your visa first if youre not yet sure about going to the border.
yes i already did, i already applied for the extension of my visa, but it would take 3-4months accdg to the immigration since i did a paper application. my mistake, i should have applied through online..

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
darookie said:
Cmcaquino,

One of the VIP members here advised me to just send the completed application in NYC. I asked if there would be an interview as my cousin doesnt have US visa. He said no if the package is complete. The work permit can be picked up at the border if its approved.

Im still asking some members and even people who has the same situation. Im trying to get all the info because were also trying to save money of not sending her back to italy just to apply for a work permit and also making sure that we are on the right path..

Hope you guys can speak english so we can get more help and advice.

Im also a filipino btw. ;D
can i send the application without taking a medical first? because i read somewhere that without a medical exam, it will delay the process. or they will send me a medical request after applying in NYC?

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
cookie27 said:
I was told by a friend who is in Canada that it is faster if I lodge my application in the US. US office accepts application of those with valid visitor visa to Canada. I have applied for a TRV to Canada last week. After which, I will apply for a US tourist visa. God willing, I will be approved again as I was issued a Canadian and US visa before. If in any case I don't get a visitor visa, my 2nd option is to lodge my work permit application here in the UAE which will take 14 months or so.

Somewhere in this forum, I read some success stories that an LCP applications lodged in Buffalo, LA, Seattle offices were processed in less than a month. However, these visa offices do not accept WP applications anymore :'(

I am not sure on how to go about my application. I pray that I can find someone here in the forum in the same situation as mine, who can guide me through the process, as to which forms to submit, i.e. which checklist, change of status form (from TRV to WP). In Manila and UAE, original passport is not required in the initial filing of LCP application. Perhaps, I can do paper application, send all original dox except my passport. I also wanted to know how I can get medical without a medical request. In the online application, it is mentioned that it is faster if you include in your application package a medical result. Very confusing! DMPs here in the UAE won't allow me unless I show a request from the embassy.

Also, what is this WP through the BORDER? Is this really possible? Did I get it right when I read that you can get WP going through the BORDER?
Most of the people I know got their WP at the Montana Border.. ( cant rember the exact name of the border)
Problem is they already have WP and they are just going to change their employers.

Im not sure if they will need your original passport as WP wont be stamped in your passport. I GUESS photocopy of the bio data page will be fine. I GUESS!

I GUESS again that after they pricessed your application they will request for your medical, if you need one, then you can go to any designated clinic and the clinic will forward the results to the visa office.

I GUESS again that if you are approve you can pick up the WP at the border i just dont understand if you have an option to pick it up at the border closest to your place or you need to go to NY border.

Im not sure about this as I havent experienced it myself. Im also asking help from VIP members here and luckily they were kind enough to answer my questions.

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
cmcaquino said:
can i send the application without taking a medical first? because i read somewhere that without a medical exam, it will delay the process. or they will send me a medical request after applying in NYC?
I think they will send you the medical request form after applying in NYC.

I dont have any idea if you can have your medical done without the request.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
cookie27 said:

hello to all...i am very pleased to read this forum because a lot of questions in my mind remain unanswered until now, such as:

1. is it possible to get an LMO as a caregiver in Canada while in Canada as a visitor?
2. if one will be able to get an LMO, will i be allowed to apply under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
3. Where can I lodge my application? do i need to go back to the Philippines to submit my application or can i submit it to the nearest Visa Office outside Canada?
4. While waiting for the approval, can i stay in Canada as long as my visitors visa has not expired yet?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers! God bless!

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
honney said:
hello to all...i am very pleased to read this forum because a lot of questions in my mind remain unanswered until now, such as:

1. is it possible to get an LMO as a caregiver in Canada while in Canada as a visitor?
2. if one will be able to get an LMO, will i be allowed to apply under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
3. Where can I lodge my application? do i need to go back to the Philippines to submit my application or can i submit it to the nearest Visa Office outside Canada?
4. While waiting for the approval, can i stay in Canada as long as my visitors visa has not expired yet?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers! God bless!
1. YES. As long as your employer followed the correct procedures...advertise then apply for LMO + your contract.
2. YES.
3. YES, you can go back to the Philippines and submit there. The thing is, it will take you 14 to 18 months. Saddest part here is, sometimes even if the documents and work experience are genuine, they still reject the application (after waiting for 18 months). Whereas if you are already in Canada, you can lodge your application to NYC visa office. They process WP application of those with valid visitor visa in Canada. I am just not sure how long the processing time is...but I believe it shorter/faster. Meaning, the burden of waiting if you are approved or rejected is shorter/faster!
4. YES. Also, it is better if you have a US tourist visa. Just in case you are called for interview, you can go there without any hassles. Although there are cases when one is not called for interview. I believe WP can be picked-up from the border once approved.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
cmcaquino said:
cmcaquino,

When you lodge your application for a work permit, will you include your original passport? Let me know what documents need to be in original if you are lodging the application in NYC office. Below is a list of the documents I have/I plan to submit:

- Passport (hopefully, photocopy is accepted).
- College diploma
- College Transcript
- Caregiver diploma
- Caregiver certificate of grades
- Basic First Aid, CPR and AED
- TESDA certificate (Caregiver)
- TESDA certificate (Housekeeping)
- Certificate of Hospital training/OJT
- Certificate of employment (current job not related to caregiver since I am applying on the basis of education/training)
- Birth certificate
- LMO
- Contract with employer
- Medical result (will have to convince the DMPs here in the UAE to give me one?. Maybe, it'll help to show them the LMO and the instruction online...saying that a medical result included in the application package is adviseable to avoid delay in the processing of WP.

Please confirm which documents need to be in original.

Thank you! :D

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
darookie said:
I think they will send you the medical request form after applying in NYC.

I dont have any idea if you can have your medical done without the request.
hi darookie! i just read somewhere that i can do the UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM (IMM 1017B), which accdg to them is applicable to those persons without a medical request from the immigration. The panel physician will issue this form to the applicant, and then the applicant will forward this form to the CIC (i am not sure yet though of the whole process). I will try to get an appointment for an upfront medical exam on Monday. Wish me luck guys! Hope it will work for me..

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
cookie27 said:
cmcaquino,

When you lodge your application for a work permit, will you include your original passport? Let me know what documents need to be in original if you are lodging the application in NYC office. Below is a list of the documents I have/I plan to submit:

- Passport (hopefully, photocopy is accepted).
- College diploma
- College Transcript
- Caregiver diploma
- Caregiver certificate of grades
- Basic First Aid, CPR and AED
- TESDA certificate (Caregiver)
- TESDA certificate (Housekeeping)
- Certificate of Hospital training/OJT
- Certificate of employment (current job not related to caregiver since I am applying on the basis of education/training)
- Birth certificate
- LMO
- Contract with employer
- Medical result (will have to convince the DMPs here in the UAE to give me one?. Maybe, it'll help to show them the LMO and the instruction online...saying that a medical result included in the application package is adviseable to avoid delay in the processing of WP.

Please confirm which documents need to be in original.

Thank you! :D
I'm not sure what documents must be sent to the NYC office, but if i already have my medicals done, we will personally go to Montana and bring:
a. Medical results ( im not sure if I could bring this or the panel physician will forward this form to CIC)
b. approved LMO
c. Job Contract
d. original passport
e. WP payment ($150)

i'm not sure with the other documents that you listed, hope anyone could help us with this..