+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me with my odd stuiation

AyyA

Nov 25, 2008
I am wondering if I could apply for CEC.
Here is my situation. I have been in Canada for 5years, half year ESL study, about 4 years Bachelor Degree study, half year Master study which I am currently enrolled in. I had about 2 year low skilled part-time work, 1 year teaching assistant work, 4months summer job with in my field of study, and 4month coop job with my field of study. I had an off-campus work permit and "coop" work permit with case type 24. Am I qualified for CEC?

Another question would be that my coop job and summer job are 35hours/week treated as full-time through employers, and half jobs in the city I live are 35hours/week, it seems a different standard of full-time with CIC. How would CEC do with this special situation?

Thank you very much for any advises.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally you qualify for CEC with 2 or more years of university in Canada plus 1 year full time work in Canada. Since you are still studying and I assume on a study visa, CIC would hardly see you as working full time but of course you can call them and ask. Otherwise wait until you finish your studies and then apply for PR as a PNP graduate or work for a year and apply for CEC.