+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me i am so upset

deplix

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
please anyone can help me in this situation because i am totally disappoint and my mind is not working . we are living together in Pakistan so what they need more for that also after divorce my sponser dont have contact with ex husband she got divorce peper only. .and after that she dont know if her ex husband register or not before filling application she obtain certificate from arbitration council because its recognised for canda and Pakistan . so now got letter from visa officer . so upset please help me in this situation as i am suffering this from long time.
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class. I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act. I have determined that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act because you are a person described in paragraph A12(1), R2 marriage, R117(1)(a), R117(9)(c)(i), R4 of the Act. You may therefore be inadmissible to Canada. 12 (1) A foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. R2. “marriage”, in respect of a marriage that took place outside Canada, means a marriage that is valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian law 117. (1) A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is (a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner; 117. (9) A foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if (c) the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse and (i) the sponsor or the foreign national was, at the time of their marriage, the spouse of another 2/3 R4. (1) For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership (a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or (b) is not genuine. I note you have indicated that your sponsor was previously married to -from 26/8/97 to 22/12/06. You have submitted documents to demonstrate that your sponsor is legally divorced from her first husband. However, having checked the divorce documents submitted by her ex-husband in support of another application, I have noticed a number of discrepancies regarding the date of divorce. I have assessed your application on its own merits, but I am required to explain to you why I have concerns regarding the validity of your divorce documents, which means I must refer to documents on another file. However, I consider it reasonable to expect that the divorce documents submitted by your sponsor for her first marriage would indicate the same date of divorce as divorce documents submitted by her ex-husband. Given that the divorce documents do not, I have concerns regarding the validity of that divorce and therefore the validity of your marriage. Specifically, on review of the divorce documentation on both your application and the application involving your sponsor’s ex-husband, it appears there may be 4 possible dates of divorce: - 22/12/06 as indicated by: your statement on your form IMM5540; your divorce deed on Rupee paper on your application; the NADRA divorce certificate on the file involving your sponsor’s ex-husband (specifically the date of divorce and failure of conciliation). - 26/11/07 as indicated by: the NADRA divorce certificate on the file involving your sponsor’s ex-husband (date the divorce took effect). - 29/11/09 as indicated by: on your application, the English translation (without the Urdu original) of the divorce certificate from the Union Council indicating your sponsor’s divorce was finalised by the Arbitration Council. -22/10/13 as indicated by: the NADRA divorce certificate on the file involving your sponsor’s ex-husband (date of issue). I am listing these dates in order to offer you the opportunity to explain the discrepancies occurring from these documents, and to explain why your sponsor has different divorce documentation with different dates to her ex-husband. I consider it reasonable to expect that the same couple going through the same divorce would have either the same or similar documentation with the same date of effectiveness for the divorce. That your sponsor and her ex-husband do not, raises concerns regarding the validity of the divorce and therefore the validity of your marriage. Furthermore, you have submitted only a translation of the divorce certificate from the Union Council indicating your sponsor’s divorce was finalised by the Arbitration Council on29/11/09, and not the Urdu certificate. A translation of a document is not sufficient evidence of the existence of the original, and this adds to my concerns regarding the validity of the divorce on 29/11/09. Furthermore, the NADRA divorce certificate on the file
involving your sponsor’s ex-husband was issued on 22/10/13 and there is no indication that your sponsor’s divorce from her ex-husband was registered with the civil authorities in Pakistan before that date. Without such evidence, I have concerns that your sponsor’s divorce was not legalised until 22/10/13 which would mean that she was not free to marry you on21/2/12 . I therefore have concerns regarding the validity of your marriage. As a result, it appears you may no longer be a member of the family class. Therefore your application for permanent residence may be refused. Furthermore, you have not submitted sufficient evidence of communication between you and your sponsor for the periods whilst you were apartThe absence of evidence to show ongoing and meaningful communication since your marriage is a concern as such evidence is important in ensuring that a relationship has been maintained and is genuine and not just a marriage entered into in order to gain permanent residence in Canada. In the absence of this evidence, I have concerns regarding the bona fides of the relationship. Please note, if your marriage is not considered to be genuine and instead entered into primarily to gain entry to Canada, you would no longer be considered a member of the family class. Please use this opportunity to address my concerns and indicate any further information you would like to be considered in respect of your application. I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence you send to the High Commission of Canada, London, UK. If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
OK, so what do you need help with?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, If I have read things correctly (which was extremely difficult, because of the way you have posted the information), you have two issues:

1. The visa officer says your marriage is not legal, because your spouse was not legally divorced on the day that you were married.

2. The officer has doubts about your relationship being genuine.

To add to the problem with #1, the officer has found discrepancies with the date shown for the previous divorce of your sponsor, when compared to her ex-husbands information (from a separate application). This could be grounds for misrepresentation if she was trying to fool CIC, by knowingly providing incorrect dates.

You should seek experienced legal help ASAP, because this is far too complicated to resolve by taking the free advice found here, IMHO.

Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If the certificate from the arbitration council is enough to show the divorce is legal in both Pakistan and Canada, I suggest you get a lawyer to write a legal opinion about this. A Canadian lawyer who is an expert in Pakistani marriage laws would be best. He or she could also explain the circumstances of your wife's divorce and your marriage.

If it turns out that your wife was not divorced when she married you, your marriage is not legal in Canada and so you cannot be sponsored as her spouse. You could still be sponsored as her common-law partner if you two have been living together for one continuous year. The lawyer could request that the visa officer consider your sponsorship as a common-law partner. You would have to send in proof you have lived together for one year.

If the application is refused, I would not bother appealing. Just reapply, this time as a common-law partner. (Or, you could get married again, this time civilly, maybe in another country if the laws in Pakistan do not allow this.)

The visa officer is also questioning whether your relationship is genuine because there is a lack of proof of contact after the marriage. If you have been living together since then, you should provide proof of this.

Reactions: msb and garbimba

deplix

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks for helping me i dont have lawyer when i submitt proof can i ask visa officer to consider my application as common law partner is it work and allow for pakistani any one have experience.
please help me

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might not have a Lawyer when you have filed your application, but you can Hire now. and address the issues from officer.

Remember you need to have a solid documentation, when you reply back to the Visa Officer with his concerns and that will be the deciding factor for your Application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You haven't explained why there are discrepancies. Why does the ex have papers with different dates? What is actually giong on?

At this point, asking to switch to common-law won't do much. If CIC decides that your sponsor lied about the divorce, the app will be refused regardless and you will most likely be banned from Canada for misrepresentation.

Reactions: garbimba

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I really think you should get a lawyer. Get one that knows about Pakistani law.

You will have to explain the discrepancies in the dates to the visa officer. Your wife thinking she was divorced because she had the certificate from the arbitration council, and not knowing that her ex-husband had applied for a divorce certificate, are things you can explain to the visa officer.

Yes, you can ask them to consider it as a common-law application, but they will still need the explanation about the dates. There is no guarantee that the visa officer will consider it under common-law. If he or she does, you will also have to send in more information. They have asked for more information anyway, to show your relationship is genuine, so proof you have been living together will do two things: help to show the relationship is genuine, and show you would qualify as common-law if the visa officer does not decide your marriage was legal.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deplix said:
Thanks for helping me i dont have lawyer when i submitt proof can i ask visa officer to consider my application as common law partner is it work and allow for pakistani any one have experience.
please help me
Can u please elaborate more about proof of relationship you had provided to visa officer, so that people can guide you more

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll be brutally honest with you. The fact you may be refused again should come as absolutely no surprise to you - I'm confused about why you are upset. You were previously refused for pretty much the same reason. So you already knew there was a big problem with your profile when you applied a second time.

It seems like you are struggling to know what to do even after being provided advice on this forum after your first refusal. I agree with many of the other recommendations here. It's time for you to hire a lawyer to assist you.

The issue is not CIC. There is a problem with your paperwork and you aren't addressing this issue properly in your applications.

M

mikeymyke

It seems her first mistake 5 years ago, was assuming that getting a divorce deed and then getting married was fine. However, she didn't get the certificate from the Arbitration Council, until AFTER she got married, which is a required document to 100% finalize the divorce. Then she got refused. Then it seemed like she tried to remarry again, this time at least she went to the Arbitration Council before getting married, and I don't know what went on from there.

I agree with scylla, I think it seems like when she filed an appeal, she may have assumed it was a place where she can ask questions about her case, but in reality, she was supposed to come prepared with communication evidence (which was noted by the VO that she lacked) and documentation, and thus wasn't prepared. She definitely needs a good lawyer now to sort out this divorce mess with the different dates.

deplix

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks everyone who understand my situation and helping me to sort out this situation . here is few things i hired very famous lawyer during my appeal but he did not do anything for me. now i hire consultant who made my application and send to immigration . i was prepared at this time so there is no reason to refuse my case because they refuse my appeal and told me to reapply. now i have lot of proof for genioun because we are living together from 3 years and within 3 years i have 2 visit canada my daughter also living with is dad from 3 years and studing here so there is no reason to refuse for genioun becasue i am sending lot of proof for genioun . the other issue was after getting divorce in 2006 i dont have contect with my ex husband so when i was filling immigration for my husband that was requirement for arbitration council certificate so i gave application to arbitration and they issue me certificate in 2009 which also show effective date 2009 . now ex husband also file case for wife and he send documents of divorce from nadra certificate which i dont now so he register divorce in 2007 in arbitration council which i dont know and he get certificate from nadra which issue in 2013 so visa officer asking for that why they have different documents from my sponsor . what you guys help me at this point because in Pakistan there is no communication after divorce so i dont know if he register before or not if i know than why my first application refuse and i am suffering this situation from long time also affected my child. so what is good point for me . waiting for your response who is helping me to figure out this situation.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you have been living together continuously for one year and can prove it, maybe you should reapply as common-law.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Well it's hard to make out what exactly happened with your divorce because you aren't explaining it that clearly. But, if it was possible to register divorce with documents labeled at 2 different dates, can't you just explain that to the VO? You'd think they'd be aware of issues like this if it was legit.

Perhaps you can send in evidence of your 12 months of cohabitation and the officer will switch you to common-law without having to redo the whole thing.

Asifbajwa

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
If the certificate from the arbitration council is enough to show the divorce is legal in both Pakistan and Canada, I suggest you get a lawyer to write a legal opinion about this. A Canadian lawyer who is an expert in Pakistani marriage laws would be best. He or she could also explain the circumstances of your wife's divorce and your marriage.

If it turns out that your wife was not divorced when she married you, your marriage is not legal in Canada and so you cannot be sponsored as her spouse. You could still be sponsored as her common-law partner if you two have been living together for one continuous year. The lawyer could request that the visa officer consider your sponsorship as a common-law partner. You would have to send in proof you have lived together for one year.

If the application is refused, I would not bother appealing. Just reapply, this time as a common-law partner. (Or, you could get married again, this time civilly, maybe in another country if the laws in Pakistan do not allow this.)

The visa officer is also questioning whether your relationship is genuine because there is a lack of proof of contact after the marriage. If you have been living together since then, you should provide proof of this.
Hi everyone same we got throught this sitution
My wife got religious diveroce after that we got married and apply for the spouse sponsership but was refused because my wife got legal diveroce from canada in2016
Then we remarry and applied our case in sponsership which was accepted

Reactions: msb