+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me for the question # 13

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
13. I was before two more country for work and study but i didn't get immigration or PR or Citizenship > so what should i write here . I am only citizen by birth only my country .

Before I came to Canada i was in UK for my study and I later was in work permit

I did not get immigration or citizenship in UK

I am from NEPAL

so i am writing below :

Date obtained / Effective date : I am writing my date of birth date ( 1980/10/01 )
If your status is no longer valid indicate the end date/ if your status is still valid indicate : Current

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
you must list UK work permit and effective and expiry date as failing so could result rejection of app for withelding info, they will run everybody cbsa database which is very intergrated to UK & USA.

Divine Favour

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
was a student in the UK and after that went back to my home country. do i put that too? for example dates effective 2009-09 to end date 2012/10 (which was when i went back home)

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
you must list UK work permit and effective and expiry date as failing so could result rejection of app for withelding info, they will run everybody cbsa database which is very intergrated to UK & USA.
They do say immigration or citizenship status.
Work permit or student visa neither immigration nor citizenship status.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
13. I was before two more country for work and study but i didn't get immigration or PR or Citizenship > so what should i write here . I am only citizen by birth only my country .

I am from NEPAL

so i am writing below :

Date obtained / Effective date : I am writing my date of birth date ( 1980/10/01 )
If your status is no longer valid indicate the end date/ if your status is still valid indicate : Current
They do say immigration or citizenship status.
Work permit or student visa neither immigration nor citizenship status.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Incorrect

Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada, including your country of birth.

• Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart in question 13.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Incorrect

Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada, including your country of birth.

• Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart in question 13.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
CIC should consult English dictionary before they comply forms.
---
Definition of immigration in English:

immigration

NOUN
mass noun

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
---

immigration

NOUN
mass noun
ha ha good one, may be the english can be improved and made more comprehendible in the application guide.

Only thing which matters is Canadian Citizenship Act... Oxford dictionary.. hmm really does not! :)

Back to the question, you will have to list all immigration status you ever had.. like citizenship, permanent resident, refugee, student or work.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017

I am from NEPAL

so i am writing below :

---

immigration

NOUN
mass noun
Before we crusade against CIC, its better to follow their guide than challenging their oxford English skills.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
basically if you were in a country as a student/worker/resident etc.... you would list those dates.

So for you (from Nepal):

You would also list

Nepal --- Citizen --- Birth date (under date obtained) --- Current

s_k85

Jul 30, 2020
I think there is no need to list non immigrant visa (student, employment etc)

Imagine a scenario--> Any Country Citizen with a US green card is a student in the USA , then may be that should be entered on point 13-- as US green card is considered to be a Legal Permanent resident which is an immigrant status but student , employment and visitor are all non immigrant Visas--Visa definition for F1, H1B also states they are non immigrant visas only (I guess so that should be same for UK too)

I may be wrong though--but these are my 2 cents

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think apart from visitor visa rest should be stated...